p25 gimp templates?

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

p25 gimp templates?

Post by Calix »

What was still overpowered in p25?

I know Dryad's but that was fixed with maybe p26?

Wand necro's would have been, but no one with any talent discovered them until after SE.

LP and Bleed were overpowered but bearable, the nerfing of them might have been a large reason Legacy didn't attract more players.

Kristoff
Kristoff/Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Mages with Wep + Tactics/Anat Explo Fs + Ar = ded
Also Conc Blow Seemed alittle gimpish = usualy ment deth
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/ickristoff/Carnivax.jpg[/img]
** Carnivax - Playstation3** \ \[^ . ^]/ /

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

I think the semi unbalanced stuff like those two is what kept a lot of people playing. Trick with AoS is to get some kind of balance between skill/template, as most people that PvP'd in AoS would simply have quit without some gay template to rely on. Thing is to limit the templates to being just semi gay, not full blown bumsex like SE onwards.

Cashies played those explo ai eb instakill chars through p25, don't think any of us died to them too much, but as soon as they got Deathstrike they actually became a fucking nightmare to fight. Proving that p25 was about right IMO.

King Cyric
N3cr0 fr0m H3ll

Post by King Cyric »

Moving shot/dismount bug, that was in p25 wasn't it? That sucked willy.

General archers being able to shoot without stopping was gay as well.
Jack (Bauer) and Jill went up the hill. Only Jack came down. Jill was a fucking terrorist.

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

archers move n fire yep.

and i agree with calix, things like AI combos/bleed combos/nox combos, only to me enhanced gameplay, they were "gay" but if you were good how often did you die to them 1v1?

they added spice to pvp and variety makes it fun, wheres the fun if everybody is 1 type of character, AI characters generally lacked abit of sdi, bleeders had to use a wep over wrestle potters, noxers werent overpowered 1v1 but to me helped tons versus a group (see dropping fields)

i liked how p25 pvp was, variety is FUN! keeps people playing if theres more than 1 or 2 "pvp" templates.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Yeah think you're right Merc. Can't think of a time where more mage templates were viable than p25, even late UOR. Which is fucking amazing really when you consider scrolls meant you had one less skill to play with usually.

and fakt Cyric, forgot about Archer Mages.

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

it gets really boring if everybody is a scribe mage etc, and the reason that kinda thing happens is because

a) everything else is nerfed and terrible
or
b) that skill far overpowers any other to think of not having it

P25 you could do without many skills in a template, hell even core skills such as resist and med were being dropped on mage temps in search of a temp with its own advantages and style.

King Cyric
N3cr0 fr0m H3ll

Post by King Cyric »

Any monkey with wepkill had to forfeit scribe. Scribe owned.
Jack (Bauer) and Jill went up the hill. Only Jack came down. Jill was a fucking terrorist.

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

King Cyric wrote:Any monkey with wepkill had to forfeit scribe. Scribe owned.
Err no they didn't?
No to U

Superfast Oz
Cardinal Chunder

Post by Superfast Oz »

cyric = gay

gimp templates are good, you need to hate the abusers or uo just isnt worth playing.

King Cyric
N3cr0 fr0m H3ll

Post by King Cyric »

Well they didn't, but if you didn't want to run like a girl everytime you got disarmed you did :<

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Think it was pretty obvious what Cyric was saying:(

And what Oz said, balance was right, you were at a disadvantage playing a wrestle mage which made it even more satisfying to win, but the disadvantage was very slight.

Other things, like a 7x necro(well one skill at 120) was perfectly balanced v 6x120 mages.

Mage v Dexxer balance was basically spot on I think, and I dunno what dexxers would say, but seems they had a lot of choices of template, all were pretty good, LP, Chiv, Necro...

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

King Cyric wrote:Well they didn't, but if you didn't want to run like a girl everytime you got disarmed you did :<
To a degree yes, but with a scribe template setup properly you'd still have 80.0 defensive skill without even considering the DCI. Which yes is far from ideal, but in mage combat then you were rarely facing max HCI mages.
No to U

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

Yeah except everyone with a weapon skill DID still go for scribe and ran like girls when disarmed. Only hardcore players made the template properly with unarmed defence.
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

pain

Post by pain »

uo wouldn't be uo without a bit of lameness. I wouldn't try and change that because you are changing the game we all liked. NOX had to be nerfed though. Also that axer team was very gimpish, but could be beaten with numbers. I thought the state legacy was in before it died was ok, didn't seem to attract too many players though. I think it got to a point where everyone had to join Minax to not be killed by them or HsD/DiE. Most people already left the shard though to play osi or angel island, or no uo.
whether long range weapon or suicide bomber wicked mind is a weapon of mass destruction