If OSI made a pre AoS shard..

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

If OSI made a pre AoS shard..

Post by Calix »

What reason would you have for playing?

Would the old goals, 7x'ing a char, buying a tower etc, along with random, basically meaningless PvP be enough for you?

I'm not certain they would for me personally. I'd love a t2a shard to be released, but it would need something extra.

I think once you've played AoS for too long, the stuff that used to be your longterm goals in UO, getting a char to 7x etc feel more like the stuff you need to do before you start on the fun part, and would be a chore to achieve, rather than fun.

Actually, would this also apply for the AoS stuff, like getting all 120s, finishing suit etc? T

Some people might say they only play for the PvP, but everyone enjoyed the 'achievement' side of the game as well, natural human behaviour.

pain

Post by pain »

I just hate training/pvming of all sorts for any amount of time. If they made a power train shard or uor test shard it would be good. Not sure if I'd play it though.
whether long range weapon or suicide bomber wicked mind is a weapon of mass destruction

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

as much as an acheivement it was to 7xgm etc, the pvp side of things need an end game, be it factions/champs/OC etc

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Factions as they were = pretty gay IMO. I guess a revised one where you actually had some control over towns/dungeons could work.

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Calix wrote:Factions as they were = pretty gay IMO. I guess a revised one where you actually had some control over towns/dungeons could work.
You have to look beyond your own needs else a shard will never work. Not saying you wouldn't/aren't.
No to U

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

What I mean is, factions as they are don't compete with spawns as a 'reason' for PvP, becouse factions has no real rewards beyond the actual PvP.

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Calix wrote:What I mean is, factions as they are don't compete with spawns as a 'reason' for PvP, becouse factions has no real rewards beyond the actual PvP.
Yeah agreed. Need itemz in AoS to make it worth it :(
No to U

Benn

Post by Benn »

Nixon wrote:
Calix wrote:What I mean is, factions as they are don't compete with spawns as a 'reason' for PvP, becouse factions has no real rewards beyond the actual PvP.
Evidenced by the fact that factions wasn't at all popular pre-aos

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Benn wrote:
Nixon wrote:
Runics?
No to U

Benn

Post by Benn »

Nixon wrote:
Benn wrote:
Nixon wrote: Yeah agreed. Need itemz in AoS to make it worth it :(
Runics?
And pre-runics? (I forgot about that period ;) )

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Benn wrote:
Nixon wrote:
Benn wrote: Evidenced by the fact that factions wasn't at all popular pre-aos
Runics?
And pre-runics? (I forgot about that period ;) )
Was a new system, of course people were going to try it after O/C'ing for so long.

If I remember rightly though as we neared p16, people were leaving factions (not the hardcore guilds ofc) and going back to the O/C scene.

Factions also would have to appeal to a completely new playstyle mentality, given that most of the current crop of pvpers never pvped pre items.
No to U

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Thing is though, if factions had really had a true reason/reward for being in it, everyone would have been, whereas on a lot of shards the majority of PvPers weren't in factions at all beyond the first 3-6 months.

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Calix wrote:Thing is though, if factions had really had a true reason/reward for being in it, everyone would have been, whereas on a lot of shards the majority of PvPers weren't in factions at all beyond the first 3-6 months.
That's kinda my point though, without reward there would be no reason for a faction system other than segregating pvpers even more.
No to U

pain

Post by pain »

Factions was good and at most times active untill the introduction of aos. o/c definetely had it's time as well. This was without 'rewards'. To faction players the biggest reward you would want are coloured horses, fancy titles and a big point score anyway.
whether long range weapon or suicide bomber wicked mind is a weapon of mass destruction

Angus

Post by Angus »

I always thougt I was better at TRYING (note trying) to help build a community in UO than I was a pvper, I always wanted to have a better experience in UO with things that could be done, but by the time I think I personally decided this, and was mature enough, AoS had hit and it was over.

I think i'd TRY and do some sort of RP PvP, I always enjoyed the Orcs, and Guardsmen, and even Pirates, it added a different aspect to the game, and something that I missed when it was gone.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/lazzaro306/WoodySig1.jpg[/img]
[url=http://gamingheroes.proboards42.com/index.cgi/]4tw Clan Forums[/url]