Reds

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Re: Reds

Post by Calix »

atm I'm happy with the extra insurance costs(4x), but we'll have to see how it pans out when/if we ever do any proper playtesting.

Padaxus
Berkshire chainsaw massacre

Post by Padaxus »

I think the inurance cost is a good idea but would like to see a jail term associated with it as a red has been defeated has lost financially but should also suffer the fate of a criminal. pop up box giving the winner the choice of fates maybe.

e.g

red in jail 1 hour non game time (this prevents just re-arming and getting stright back out there) also makes any other reds in guild/party to adapt new stratagies with numbers dwindling or change plans etc and could help prevent just random dungeon take overs although these were actually really fun.

this could also encourage use of other chars while waiting out the timer.

or unable to rez for 2 hours

although both those options are pretty much the same in a different guise.

i haven't given these much thought outside of reading the thread.
[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/AlieBarnes/Korea1.jpg[/img]

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

I don't like anything which removes people from play entirely, it just seems counter productive to encouraging participation. Slight skill reductions is my preferred method of penalty, the insurance costs are also good and it is quite a big deal, especially early on when people will really consider taking those few PVM kills to go red...
Down with Scotland

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Have to agree with Fatal. Anything which completely discourages PvP would be a massive turn off. The jail system may have worked back in the day but it's not really practical in the AOS era because death was far more common.

I'm not a massive fan of skill reductions either but they are probably the only other viable option I can think of. I do like the idea Night proposed, although I think it would have to go down to 55 rather than 60 (given Curse does the same thing)
No to U

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

IMO the 4x insurance, + the ease at which good items can hopefully be obtained(crafting) without having to be out there directly competing in PvP hotspots when you're new and developing your char should be enough for the early days. If the PK problem got too big it'd be time for other ideas. Or am I well out?

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

I agree with you to be honest, if it's a major issue then we can consider alternative ideas.
No to U