P25 PvP templates.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

P25 PvP templates.

Post by Calix »

Help me out, any I've forgotten? The only thing I'd like to add in would be making parry viable for mages by dropping the dex requirement for it. Did anyone play Stealth-Archers before SE? What was so overpowered about that Dryad bow thing? Something to do with a move on the run bug? Nix you tended to know all this stuff.

Did many people take anat for the extra defensive wrestle when disarmed on their wep mages, or was it all tactics scribe or poison?

Wrestle Mage: 120 Magery/Resist/Eval/Med/Wrestle + either Scribe or Poisoning.

Wep Mage: 120 Magery/Resist/Eval/Med/Wepskill + Scribe or Poison or Tactics or Anat.

Archer Mage: 120 Magery/Resist/Eval/Med/Archery + Tactics or Anat.

Necro Wep-Mage: 120 Wepskill 100 Magery/Resist/Eval/Med/Necro/SS

Wand Necro: 120 Magery/Eval/Resist/Med/Necro/SS

Staff Of Magi Necro: 120 Magery/Eval/Resist/Med/Necro/SS

Chiv Mage: 120 Magery/Resist/Eval/Med/Wrestle/Chiv

Necro Dexxer: 120 Wepskill/100 Healing/Tact/Anat/Necro/SS/Resist

0 Resist Necro Dexxer: 120 Wepskill/Healing/Anat/Tact/Necro/SS

Chiv Dexxer: 120 Wepskill/Healing/Anat/Tact/Resist/Chiv

Poison Dexxer: 120 Wepskill/Healing/Anat/Tact/Resist 100 Poisoning

Parry Dexxer: 120 Wepskill/Healing/Anat/Tact/Resist/Parry

Archer: 120 Archery/Healing/Anat/Tact/Resist/Chiv

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Re: P25 PvP templates.

Post by Mercury »

on my not 120s max pk, i played with 80 hide quite frequently in early AOS

Belgarion
FISSURE OF WOE

Post by Belgarion »

Off the top of my head i can see a whole bunch of viable dexer templates lacking, but i`d have to sit down a have a proper think to actually define them.

Also the thing about the dryad bow was kind of a bug really. Basically what was going on was that at a certain amount of swing speed, the need to stop moving to shoot was removed. This was the most easy to manage with the dryad bow, which had 50%ssi. Couple that with.... either 160 or 180 dex (or was it stam?) (i cant recall which) you would hit that magic limit. (It also worked with other bows)

And as a side note, what made it EXTREMELY powerful on specifically the dryad bow, was that it was a "normal" bow, which gave it mortal strike and paralyze at range, and on the run.
I-Cers about my joining I-C:
Clx: "risk", "what? dont", "I`ll object"
Future: "fucked up"
Villa: "dirty and unclean"
senj: "guildhopper"

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Belgarion wrote: Also the thing about the dryad bow was kind of a bug really. Basically what was going on was that at a certain amount of swing speed, the need to stop moving to shoot was removed. This was the most easy to manage with the dryad bow, which had 50%ssi. Couple that with.... either 160 or 180 dex (or was it stam?) (i cant recall which) you would hit that magic limit. (It also worked with other bows)

And as a side note, what made it EXTREMELY powerful on specifically the dryad bow, was that it was a "normal" bow, which gave it mortal strike and paralyze at range, and on the run.
This.

And yes Anat was viable. I used it over Tactics on the field because IMO it was better. Tactics offered more damage, but wasn't nearly as good as Anat when out numbered etc. I don't think many people played it though, as most prefer the extra damage.

There was also a lot of random templates out there that were maybe only 2x120, largely because of the +skill items. The best person to speak about that is probably lego/wofl to be honest.... maybe even Slamer. There was only a handful of players that tried to abuse the +skill items properly.
No to U

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

I didn't have a wep mage other than my necro, but you're 100% right IMO Nix.

Tactics probably only gave a few extra points of dmg per swing over anat, whereas anat gave 120 defense even when disarmed compared with getting hit 100% of the time with tactics. People just looked at the dmg from tactics and picked that, plus it's a more 'stylish' skill than anatomy, linked to the tank mage aura of the past, if that makes any sense.

Correct also @ the 100 skill templates. If you remember, my p25 char on Drach was Fell, who was 120 Macing(UBWS warfork spamming bleed), 115 magery(for landing pois), 105 necro(100% success strangles), GM SS/Eval/Med/Resist. Worked really really well. Mass interrupts of bleed + strangle + pois. Disarm obviously raped me but I did way better on that char than on the wrestle mages I had previously.

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

Anat rocks. I think I had it on several characters at one point or another, just because I hate running when i get disarmed.

BTW, if we can bring back a firehorn, I would be happy.
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]