Random thoughts/Braindump

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Belgarion
FISSURE OF WOE

Re: Random thoughts/Braindump

Post by Belgarion »

How about.... making it so that it is possible to put +5 and/or +10 scrolls toward towards a +15 or +20 scroll?

Couple of possibilities:

1x EVERY +5 scroll gives a choice of +15 scroll.
2x EVERY +5 scroll gives a choice of +20 scroll.
1x EVERY +10 scroll gives a choice of +20 scroll.

Or

2x +5 and 1x +10 scroll of same skill can be turned into +15 of same skill.
3x +5, 2x +10 and 1x +15 scroll of same skill can be turned into +20 scroll of same skill.

Solution to be facilitated through some sort of NPC or whatever.

Just a thought.
I-Cers about my joining I-C:
Clx: "risk", "what? dont", "I`ll object"
Future: "fucked up"
Villa: "dirty and unclean"
senj: "guildhopper"

KoKane

Re: Random thoughts/Braindump

Post by KoKane »

I dunno, I think just in its raw form it would still be a good pace reduction and may even serve as a balancing element for those who cant play as much as the vampire nolifers who sleep(afk) during the day.

Remember, people will still get their 10's 15's and 20's. They just wont be able to eat them straight away. Trading will increase slightly among the players too.

Even still.. eventually people will be sitting on mountains of useless scrolls because they only got 2 chars (just realized 2 char limit might have some effect on how scrolls end up stockpiling.

(ideadump - What if scrolls dropped in fragments and you needed x amount to make a complete scroll, still keeping the incremental progression system but extending playtime and keeping the feeling of progression but not over doing it? More champ hunting but in the long run it would be the same?)

(another idea flashed into my head so ill dump it here before i forget - What if the skillcap was not 100, but 90 or so and that you must get powerscrolls for even longer, lowering the 'elite' gap at the end but not removing it. Promoting more pvp in champ spawns and stuff and this is the best bit - since people will most likely afk to 100, this would reduce the time they spend "out-of-the-game" and put them into action early. Do a champ, macro a bit, do more and in bits like that.)
pro at everything except being pro