Dexxers

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Dexxers

Post by Calix »

Belg and Toki especially, can you help me out here? I'm primarily talking p25 here but any AoS onwards insights are useful!

What char types did you hate fighting?
What mage templates did you dread?
What Artifacts did you like?
What (mage) artifacts did you feel put you at an unfair disadvantage?
Did you have as much choice in artifacts as mages?
What attributes did you look for first on your suits? SSI, DI, HCI?

Any other light you can shed is good!

Belgarion
FISSURE OF WOE

Re: Dexxers

Post by Belgarion »

From what i recall, there was not really any template i dreaded as per such.
However, to give you something to think about, the worst thing to fight was generally wrestle mages (possibly with parry).

They could be very hard to hit, which not only meant you couldnt kill them, but might also mean you couldnt stop them from killing you since you cant interrupt.

As for artifacts, there were several patches that killed some, and im not sure when they were in relation to when this thing you are working on is, but here is an attempted list:

The very best dexer artifact, ever: Spirit of the Totem (Was a key part of all good suits apart from using to Hunters Headdress to abuse Dryad Bow)

Other arties that were always acceptable:

Hunters Headdress
Ring of the Vile
The Taskmaster

Arties that were acceptable in certain patches:

Helm of Insight (Nerfed by the mana leech nerf and nerfed further when humans got 20 passive in all skills (cause of 2 MR from 20 med))
Jackals Collar (Nerfed by the mana regen thing)
Gloves of Nobility (Nerfed by the mana regen thing)
Leggings of Bane (Nerfed by the mana regenthing)

Other than these, there are some vague situational uses for a few of them, but meh.

I feel no arties in particular give the mages an advantage. Yes, the orni is really powerful, but as stated above, so is Totem.
The one thing worth mentioning is that after the mana regen nerf the choices of arties for dexers was seriously limited. Maybe a bad thing, maybe not.
I dont actually think said nerf is in your version of the game, so whatevs.

Now moving on to stats. This was something that was in constant flux, but i seem to recall it being a big fucking deal to get as much of the "main" stats as you possibly could. (STR DEX INT obviously)
Other than that, probably HCI was the most important one. 40ish kind of a must.

Will probably add more to this thread later on. Its easier if i am supplied with questions to answer.
I-Cers about my joining I-C:
Clx: "risk", "what? dont", "I`ll object"
Future: "fucked up"
Villa: "dirty and unclean"
senj: "guildhopper"

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Re: Dexxers

Post by Fatalist »

Belg:

Imagine a scenario, you're running with a small group, say 3-4 of you, with you being the only dexer and the rest are mages, and you catch a mixed slightly larger group say PvMing in Hyth or something. The group is a mix of some PvM chars (say, a tamer for example) and some other mages.

What are your first priorities/actions as a dexer? What are your main issues/difficulties and how do you equip against this?
Down with Scotland