@ KoKane

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

@ KoKane

Post by Fatalist »

Your views and input has been really useful so far - thanks. It's not often these days we have much constructive input from non I-C, so it's nice to see alternative views. Is there anyone you still speak to that you could invite here to discuss this stuff, even just for glorified nostalgia? :shobon:
Down with Scotland

KoKane

Re: @ KoKane

Post by KoKane »

Yo, no problem.

Didnt realize there would be so many threads here. I just randomly checked back not expecting anything :shock:

Anyhoo.. Who do you mean in general, that I could contact? You mean just a bunch of hopeful players in general? I'm not sure who I could really these days. I still have decent influence over the entire DFI AoS shard. I mean it isnt much in reality but yeh.. lol. Most the remaining vets there would try another L25 shard in a heartbeat.

The problem, and its a problem for any server in general thats starting out, is making sure you have the right amount of stuff done and ready... and DONE.. for launch day and the weeks to follow. You dont want problems mounting up and turning players away too early because its too hard to get them back.
In an official multi-million dollar MMO enviroment, thats fine since new players come and go all the time... in a UO freeshard.. those 10 guys will have an affect, in the early days at least.
pro at everything except being pro

KoKane

Post by KoKane »

Bump.
Do you want me to gather a bunch of people to come here and brainstorm random stuff related to an L25 style enviroment?

I'd suggest a new subforum for them and keeping this one as private-to-them forum but definitely recommend any and all ideas from people.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

In principle yes that would be a good idea, however some might find it frustrating that we're talking a lot and whilst are making some changes, don't have the development resource to actually implement a lot of stuff we want to just yet, so it really is still just a huge brain storming thing while some of our guys get to grips with the basics of runuo.

In maybe a month or 2 I would imagine calix would issue logins to some more people to jump on and test stuff, but not give public access as such.

So yeah by all means get people to join in the conversation and relive the nostalgia, please just make sure you don't bring typical freeshard idiots or people that will start flaming about ideas etc, though by your input and conduct so far I don't think you would do that. It's just important to note that at such an early stage particularly we need people to be cohesive and creative. Please don't advertise it on any other boards or any such faggotry, just mention it privately to people you trust.
Down with Scotland

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

What I'll do is - Make this forum private, and invite everyone that posts here currently, that can be an actual development board, or whatever. Then can make new forum, stick a few threads from here onto it, and invite ideas/feedback. Anyone that seems sensible can get added to private group.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

Just make sure you put as many posts as possible on the public forum to generate interest and give new visitors a good starting point to contribute, and also so we don't cover old ground etc.
Down with Scotland

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Yeah I'll do it the other way around, create a new priv forum and just move certain things there for now.

KoKane

Post by KoKane »

Well its all these posts that got me back thinking again. Might wanna consider for the sake of progress, re-living some of this discussed material.