Mount Stamina

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Mount Stamina

Post by Calix »

What's the solution? No-one wants Marathon-man PvP, but it's also incredibly frustrating having to stop to get stam back when you're spawn scouting, idoc hunting, or whatever? Capping mount stam also doesn't prevent people constantly off-screening, just stops them running miles...

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Re: Mount Stamina

Post by Mercury »

i actually prefered osi (uo) when there was no mount stam...as a pk, constantly stopping every spawn you scout is annoying as fuck. people offscreen/run anyway, regardless of stam rules, it just occasionally owns someone when they start rubberbanding due to stam and cant move.

i have no solution, but yeh, i hated stam personally.

Ingo
Author of "Stripper Assassin"

Post by Ingo »

What was the problem at spawns? Getting stam owned when passing through monsters?

How about removing that part and adding a number of step count comparable to what you used to be able to run for?
No to Scottish existence.

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

no mount stam, like if you had run threw a dungeon, and then found some prey you occasionally got stam owned by your mount and unable to move so were a sitting duck. stam for push threw is your own fault/pots.

Ingo
Author of "Stripper Assassin"

Post by Ingo »

Oh it wasnt the spawn that caused it, just happened to run out of stamina at worste time?
No to Scottish existence.

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Is it possible to code it so that when you enter combat mount stamina comes into play? Might not work with spawn agro, but possibly damage taken then and it triggers stam? I guess invis etc might fuck that idea up as well or get round it :/

Personally I prefer unlimited mount stamina over having to feed the pet apples etc all the time.
No to U

Benn

Post by Benn »

This is one of those things that really affects the 'feel' of the shard imo, and I reckon you should just leave it as is. All of the stam limiting things that other shards have put in have all been a bit shit I think.

KoKane

Post by KoKane »

Calix wrote:What's the solution? No-one wants Marathon-man PvP, but it's also incredibly frustrating having to stop to get stam back when you're spawn scouting, idoc hunting, or whatever? Capping mount stam also doesn't prevent people constantly off-screening, just stops them running miles...
Warmode

If you're in combat, stamina loss is initiated?

So I guess people who chase someone for ages need to get flagged on them and keep them in warmode.
pro at everything except being pro

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

Suppose the warmode thing sucks double for dexers, and would be hard to code/develop. So easy to just tab out and keep chasing. Also need to consider PvM dexers running around hacking mobs up.
Down with Scotland

KoKane

Post by KoKane »

Tab out wont break it, its similar to the runebook cooldown and shit, when you've been in warmode.
Also, in razor now most people including dexers use auto flag hotkeys to effectively double click in warmode, the nearest or last combatant.

I dont see a problem with people having close to infinite stamina outside of combat. If noone else is around who cares? Or even the fact that its good to avoid discouraging people going out and PvEing. IF it became a thing were people looking for the easiest laziest ways to make money because of some stamina loss thing being annoying, then theres no need to have it.

meh i dunno

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

I think high stam is fine. Part of the ego trips is making someone run away from you, and part of field pvp skill is setting up suitable traps and dismount tactics etc. Forcing people to fight goes against my belief that you should be able to play how you want, regardless of if you want to be a running faggot. Some of my favourite screenshots are small groups of us chasing larger groups of enemies away. As mentioned, it makes scouting, exploring and the like incredibly frustrating too, more so than the slight frustration when someone gets away from you.

@Ingo - the way it worked with pass through was that you could only pass through any mob/player etc when your stamina was full, and doing so took a nominal chunk of stam, but ultimately meant you couldn't pass through any more mobs. This made refresh pots super important and those without them could easily die to slimes in shame etc.
Down with Scotland

KoKane

Post by KoKane »

Yeah I used to tell people I won whenever they ran away and every time they did it, I'd count and be like 6 nil to me you ran 6 times, same thing as dieing, I dont care about your insurance money.

Also its definitely worth giving Dismount abilities a rebirth.

I hated how AOS pvp became about the bleed/poison AI/Mortal priorities. The other stuff got used a bit but it was never front seat stuff other than some players preference.

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

It became about that because one person being on foot and the other being on horse is so unfair it's unreal.
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]