Vanity items

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Vanity items

Post by Nixon »

Just a thought.

Vanity items should be hard to get but I disagree with them solely being obtainable via town vendors. Reasons like that are why crafters etc felt unloved on OSI. I think this will be possible to code, adapting existing coding hopefully....

So what I propose is the following system, which will hopefully include crafters, thunters, rare collectors and PvM heroes. This will hopefully encourage trading and additional player types.

There should be various levels of vanity items, similar to Minor/Major artifacts and to create them, each or all of the above should have some input.

To 'create' a vanity item you would need certain tools, parts or objects. For example, the 'Vase of Deth' which we'll class as a major vanity item.

Vase of Deth requires the following items:
120 Blacksmithing (for smelting and moulding said items)
100 Carpentry (to mount the vase)
Marble Base (buyable from the Sculpter vendors in town for 100k)
Skull of Deth (drop from Level 5 treasure chest)
Pot of Black Glaze (drop from monster)

Once the 3 items are obtained, a crafter can basically create the item.

There is a small % of something dropping from a tmap chest, i.e.

Level 5 = 3% of Major
Level 4 = 1% of Major
Level 3 = 5% of Minor
Level 2 = 3% of Minor
Level 1 = 1% of Minor

This would hopefully give thunters a place in the market aside from the loots, and give them a little bit more of a reason to do lower level maps.

You also have your gold sink with the base, without devaluing the crafter etc. You can also mix up the artifacts a bit so they don't always require a thunting item, but a PvM item. Additionally you could sacrafice some of the more semi-rare items to keep the market from becoming swamped etc.

You get the idea.
No to U

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Re: Vanity items

Post by Mercury »

like it. i would like to see a slight increase in tmap drop rate if you are too start bumping thunting to make it a useful "class". what is the code set for drop rates atm? is it monster specific?

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

This kind of ties in with an idea I had in my braindump thread which increases reliance on crafters, and that the standard BOD system could be overhauled/changed to include the use of rare resources or items which can only be obtained by following other paths in the game, ie fishing/thunting/custom quests etc.

I like the idea in principle.
Down with Scotland

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

I want to be able to craft Nixon's Candleabra of Scamming
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]

Joe

Post by Joe »

Merc current tmap drop rate is 1% across the board

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

I think the droprate is fine at 1%, personally. They should technically be easier to buy, since most people won't have a thunter mule, or perhaps thunters will actually perform a service, like to be hired for x gold to come and LP a chest.

Thing is, if you...

Increase drop rate AND increase loot quality AND increase quality of loot AND increase gold in chests

You soon have an OP profession.
Down with Scotland