Swing Speeds, Mana Leech and suchlike.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Belgarion
FISSURE OF WOE

Swing Speeds, Mana Leech and suchlike.

Post by Belgarion »

Alright, so there are a few things that would be interesting to know.
Some for my own interests, and some because they might be quite important in terms for balance.

Swing Speeds: How do they work exactly? As far as I can remember each weapon type had a "base" speed number. This number would decide how often it swung. The higher the number, the higher the swing speed. Swing speed = 1 second + 1/4sec + X1/4sec.
Every 20 stamina would increase swing speed by 1/4sec.
Swing speed would further increase by 1/4sec for every 10% SSI you had.

Is this still the case? If so, why are SSI values ending in 5 in the game? Is there a possibility of making them work in unison? So that 10 stamina and 5% SSI would increase swing speed by another 1/4sec?

Mana Leech: What are the current maths for the mana leech property on weapons? I would need this somewhat in laymans terms (ie. not code) to understand it.

Reason I ask is that there were two versions of the mana leech property on OSI, one of which was fairly overpowerd. (In as much as it would leech mana equal to the amount of damage dealt by the attack.) If I say Armor Ignore for 45 damage + that mana leech, I am sure you get the idea.

Health Leech: Same question as above really.

Also, this is something that came up the other day, and I`m just going to put it here so that it is remembered/adressed.

There are some weapon types that were quite potent, but not craftable. I think cleavers and butchers knives were both in this category. Should these weapons be craftable by runic kits, so that there is an equal chance of getting good versions of them aswell?
I-Cers about my joining I-C:
Clx: "risk", "what? dont", "I`ll object"
Future: "fucked up"
Villa: "dirty and unclean"
senj: "guildhopper"

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Re: Swing Speeds, Mana Leech and suchlike.

Post by Calix »

All good questions. Only one I can answer atm is the craftable cleaver etc. question. IMO they should, but for balance and being 'era accurate' reasons, maybe not?

KoKane

Post by KoKane »

Belgarion wrote:Alright, so there are a few things that would be interesting to know.
Some for my own interests, and some because they might be quite important in terms for balance.

Swing Speeds: How do they work exactly? As far as I can remember each weapon type had a "base" speed number. This number would decide how often it swung. The higher the number, the higher the swing speed. Swing speed = 1 second + 1/4sec + X1/4sec.
Every 20 stamina would increase swing speed by 1/4sec.
Swing speed would further increase by 1/4sec for every 10% SSI you had.

Is this still the case? If so, why are SSI values ending in 5 in the game? Is there a possibility of making them work in unison? So that 10 stamina and 5% SSI would increase swing speed by another 1/4sec?

Mana Leech: What are the current maths for the mana leech property on weapons? I would need this somewhat in laymans terms (ie. not code) to understand it.

Reason I ask is that there were two versions of the mana leech property on OSI, one of which was fairly overpowerd. (In as much as it would leech mana equal to the amount of damage dealt by the attack.) If I say Armor Ignore for 45 damage + that mana leech, I am sure you get the idea.

Health Leech: Same question as above really.

Also, this is something that came up the other day, and I`m just going to put it here so that it is remembered/adressed.

There are some weapon types that were quite potent, but not craftable. I think cleavers and butchers knives were both in this category. Should these weapons be craftable by runic kits, so that there is an equal chance of getting good versions of them aswell?
On DFI AOS shard I'm pretty sure AI returned mana relative to damage dealt.

With 50% mana leech you could AI, regular hit, AI, regular hit (without an increase in mana cost if specs were spammed, which was introduced on L25 I think)

Also, I think Cleavers etc should be left to mob loot. It makes them all the more special and cool to get when a good one drops.
pro at everything except being pro

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

and cleavers were rape? bleed and nox was it?

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Mercury wrote:and cleavers were rape? bleed and nox was it?
Correct, a cleaver with fireball on it as well was insane.
No to U

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

I think that Belg's point^^ Probably best wep alongside Warfork

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Mercury wrote:bleed and poison was it?
I'm going to NOX your fucking face off

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

rude :(