pots

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

pots

Post by Fatalist »

I don't think anyone enjoyed doubleclicking 40 times to get their fill of pots for a pvp trip, I dont see any reason for the system to be cumbersome, it doesn't 'add' anything.

Is there a way you could select how many of a pot you wanted, say doubleclicking a keg would give a gump to select 0-20 or something, providing there was enough remaining in the keg.

My opinion is that it would just make stocking up less frustrating. Thoughts?

Also, thoughts on stackable pots? I don't like them, but for me it's purely because I'm used to the standard 'loose' way. I do see the advantages. I guess the main two issues are looting corpses, and backpack space. I think the second was never much of an issue, I don't know many pvpers particularly who ran out of space on the 125 item limit. As for looting, if we are removing auto loot (which is a good idea) we need to make sure we get the balance right between cumbersome/easy.
Down with Scotland

Belgarion
FISSURE OF WOE

Re: pots

Post by Belgarion »

Grab 40 empties, UseLast macro, pin down key, go afk. Sorted
I-Cers about my joining I-C:
Clx: "risk", "what? dont", "I`ll object"
Future: "fucked up"
Villa: "dirty and unclean"
senj: "guildhopper"

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

Hah, that's fine if you want 40 of the same pots, but I mean particularly dexers who might want 10+ of 4/5 different kinds of pots, did you really not find that stuff frustrating? I used to carry 12-15 gcure, heal, refresh pots, and a few explo pots, so maybe 40-50 pots on a full stock up when I could be bothered, and it was just incredibly boring with no real reason.
Down with Scotland

Noxin
BENEFIT CHEAT

Post by Noxin »

You could probably throw together a new item of some sort... Something like a resupply bench. Stock it with full kegs to increase the potion count and give a context option to open a gump which gives options for potion type and amount to deliver, then all you need do is double click the bench and it'll resupply you... If you still want to retain the time aspect of restocking you could make it decant each potion one by one.
If you were to also give it an option to change hue you could have say 5 of them in your house, one for each char colour coded for ease.
Essentially then you'd just double click the bench, wait for it to stock you up and you're ready.

It'd make an decent high level crafted only item since I'm sure everyone would want at least one. You could then add levels of speed based on crafting skill and rolls... So a normal one has a 3 tick wait between potions but a lucky roll when crafting and 120 skill would create a Legendary resupply bench which only has a 1 tick wait between pots.
YOUR GAMES ARE THE GAYIST THING EVER ACRCADEN CRUSADE WAS EPIC FAIL AND SO WAS ANY THING U MADE WITH A P THE REST WAS JUST FLAT OUT GAY U DONT DESERVE LIFE NO U DONT DESERVE ANYTHING U ARE JUST A GAY MORON WHO NEEDS TO GET A LIFE

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

I agree. Although having played quite a bit after stackable pots were allowed(a change I liked), it just encouraged everyone to over-equip to fuck with them, ie I carried 50 heal/cure 40 trs, when I'm pretty sure before it was 20 at most of each. That was simply because they were less hassle to organise. If you make them easier to 'pour' it'd probably be even worse. Just something to consider.

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

stackable pots....

i see no reason why not. It shouldnt be the hassle it was to equip for pvp, to me pots are part of pvp, 40 of each 2000 of each whatever. More to loot when you kill them ;)

Joe

Post by Joe »

am i the noly one who doesn't like the idea of stackable pots? yes to some system to allow quicker equiping, but then it becomes a choice of how many you want to carry and have to loot when you die or kill other etc

with stackable pots looting just becomes so fast imo, which isn't such a good thing i think, stopping for 1 sec to loot 100 pots is fine mid fight, but doing it to loot single pots is a different story and is tougher choice for when you loot

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Agree with JOE
No to U

Ingo
Author of "Stripper Assassin"

Post by Ingo »

Make them heavy.

Personally one of the things that "feels uo" to me is a backpack full of random loose items, especially pots.
No to Scottish existence.

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

I like stackable pots, but I also dislike them.

I see where fatal is coming from where he says it doesnt bring anything to the game by having to click lots of times. Of course people with brains just make a macro, but still, it sucks.

But on the other hand, having a million pots all the time is kind of ridiculous as well. Plus, when you fight, it means all your pots can be taken very easily. So one death and its over. The reverse is true too, if you get ressed up quickly and loot yourself super quickly, then it's as if you never died before.

IF there's a way to make pots stackable when you are pouring them, but they are unstack when you die, that would rock.

So a stack of ten pots still takes up 10 item slots, but you can drag it around as if its one. A new item might be needed for this, which functions as a kind of mini keg or something.

But when you die, the thing breaks and it splits up into 10 potions.

That way death will mean something. Also, remove auto loot (that existed, right? click your corpse to auto dress and pick up all your items).

It was very easy, but i think the 40 seconds you need to spend looting yourself and waiting for your dress macro isn't a bad thing.
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]