Factions - Redux~

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Re: Factions - Redux~

Post by Mercury »

What should be done with all the silver being earnt? Faction vendors and guards mean relatively little, control of the towns is temporary, and all your hard work is undone with one missed sigil defense, or whatever. Perhaps players should be able to trade in faction silver for 'rewards' from their faction masters? Special clothing, house deco, etc?
I was under the impression this was part of the proposed system. Pvmers really need huge incentives to join something that makes them killable anywhere for no kickbacks. Things like dyes and stuff dont work, because you could mule it up safely while your main parades around in "neon xyz robes". Personally id make the system give pixel crack but you can only use it if your faction tied.

Example;

Blessed Shadowlords Robe of UDED +3 each resist - item only equipable if member of shadowlords faction.
Blessed Magicians Ring of TB 1/2 casting 15SDI - item only equipable if member of TB faction.

Make a varient of each item for each faction (to stop item based faction bias) just different hues?
etc.

Can of course be more creative than a robe, but make it pixel crack related, but hard tied to factions, but not imbalancing if you arent in factions.

Ingo
Author of "Stripper Assassin"

Post by Ingo »

What are the obvious disadvantages of going for fill integration by changing silver into gold?
No to Scottish existence.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

non coding language pls. unless it's specific to coding and not balance/concept - in which case AS YOU WERE SOLDIER
Down with Scotland

Ingo

Post by Ingo »

Fill = full. What I mean is you have two separate economies. If you want factions to be integral, what could fuck up by only using gold?

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

None really - it'd make sense to use the same currency I guess.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

Yeah it's not essential, it was just the first (and known) system that popped into my head, all i was trying to achieve is some kind of specific achievement for faction related PvM that could be quantified and used against other stuff.
Down with Scotland

Ingo

Post by Ingo »

Something to think about, would probably leave it as silver at first. Started drawing out overall changes required and first instinct is that it's really very doable.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

Absolute legend.

My little faction baby is growing up, I'm so proud :oops:
Down with Scotland

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »