Adding them to Champs.
Making them a crafter reward.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Re: Doom Stealables

Post by Nixon »

Do you have a full list?

Probably have to remain as stealables I reckon, given that Age of Insurence will still kill the thief.
No to U

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

Don't think there were many anyway were there? Inquis/Zyronic Claw, some others?

I think we should include crafters in them, even if they are obtained one way but 'damaged' and need to be 'repaired' by a crafter with some rare material that spawns elsewhere in the game.

@ nix - I don't think thieves will be dead. With the increase in stuff appearing in dungeons now, including runics and artifacts which we have agreed (at least in principle) to be uninsurable until for example the player leaves the dungeon (no recall remember) and enters say, proximity to a banker. Under the ruleset we're proposing even I would be tempted to play a thief as my second char.
Down with Scotland

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

Oh didn't realise there were this many - http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-arm ... tegory=847

i'd probably mix in the level 10 ones on doom champs but give inquis a lower drop rate if possible.

many of the others are replicated from spawning rares but we could otherwise add them as such around the shard.
Down with Scotland

Joe

Post by Joe »

not sure it would be best to put those stealable ones on doom champs if i'm honest, I would say have them as stealables in overland locations perhaps, like the Zyronic Klor in an executioners camp for example.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

haha zyronic KLOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRR

yeahthat's a good shout, depends if you want to keep them as stealables. I mean location isn't really an issue, not like it was particularly hard to stealth around doom etc, was always just more the problem of timing and luck that your stealing attempts would succeed before the 9709237 other thieves camped next to it. And in this context, PKZ
Down with Scotland

Joe

Post by Joe »

knew you would like that one!

I think keep as steable for sure, you take away the danager element of doom mobs revealing or the gas stuff killing you (for inquis) and replace it with pvp ongoing around you while trying to steal etc

Are the respawn timers on those to be fixed, or is it to be more between x and y length of time before they respawn? could maybe have a town crier announcing when position x has been reach perhaps for the more rare ones?
That way your not telling everyone they are there but simply that they could spawn at any time to encourse a bit of fighting?

Just thinking on OSI Inqus timer was closely guarded and so completition was limited normally and we want a bit of competition around them really.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

I'm torn about the whole announcement thing, yes you don't want them completely dominated by someone who has lucky timing, but equally you don't want them dominated by the biggest pk guild either. I think you'd be better off giving the spawn timer a real sense of randomness for something like this, say it was a fortnightly or monthly spawn, it could spawn 24/48/72 hours either side of that for example. There will be enough people checking anyway even when there is an ounce of uncertainty.

If we were keen on having some kind of announcement in, it should be a lore related announcement to say that 'Lord Klor has had a precious artifact stolen from his fortress, executioners are roaming the lands in search of the culprit' - this could appear say 6-12 hours after the successful steal.

You could make unique overland champs for these items. Maybe use a buffed up executioners camp with a rare spawning boss (maybe one that drops other minor artis, or rewards etc. spawns 1 in 200 of the time), with all executioners given the ability to reveal, to stop people just camping perma on thieves.

Titans hammer could go in Titan/Cyclops valley. Inquisitors maybe in CoTD for example?
Down with Scotland

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

It's huge effort but for those weapon like artis, instead of having them stealable you could put on awesome events at the relevant places.

So titan/cyclops event in titan valley, etc.

Just an idea, something like a community based event, where at the end everyone is trying to backstab eachother to get the item!
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]