Crafters

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Crafters

Post by Fatalist »

We need to start thinking about these guys again.

New items?

Increased importance in factions?

Special recipes with random 'ingredients' from pvm, rares, rewards?

BODS?

Artifacts need to be repaired before use/insure ?

Buff to the shit skills, cooking etc

Ideas?
Down with Scotland

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Re: Crafters

Post by Calix »

Alright boyz?

Right; We're not having the BOD system. It's shit. Thoughts are here http://redux.uded.net/redux/

This means we've really got to rework crafters.

It's not just the 'reward' system either. The skills need to be worth something. It's so hard to make them fit into an AOS system that you begin to realise how little they were considered when AOS was designed, and how much the publish narrowed the game so much.

So, yeah. Fuck. It's not easy.

Best solution I can come up with:

Crafters have chance to make items that match/surpass barbed kits(or whatever) through certain actions. Or be granted the barbed kits(or whatever) through certain actions. Rather than filling 32532532532 BODs of bullshit items to hand into NPCs, actually doing repair work for other players should be what offers the rewards? Actual repair work isn't something that's easy to abuse through scripting either.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

Not sure I like the decision to remove bods but maybe it will spur us on to create something better. We need career crafter input though~

Calix wrote: Actual repair work isn't something that's easy to abuse through scripting either.
would be pretty easy to setup a macro to change armor when durability=1 as a macer hits you to build up 100's of repairable items per day.
Down with Scotland

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Fatalist wrote:Not sure I like the decision to remove bods but maybe it will spur us on to create something better. We need career crafter input though~

Mate BODS = solo play macroing to create BS items that no one wants. Completely against the entire principal of the shard.
..and yeah you're right I guess, fair bit of hassle that though, and you can't repair items that you're wearing.

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

I can deff understand both points of view. Taking away bods means that it will be unable to get kits/hammers without going into dungeons. So that isolates crafters. But then how many craft only players will be playing?

I guess I lean towards the no BOD camp. Because for me bods were just on a script on Joe's computer. It was left running and every 7 hours or whatever it was it logged in all every blacksmith char, got the bod, went back to the inn, logged out, logged in the next one, etc, and so on. No interaction needed at all other than for trading them for other bods. It is a solo type thing. But then that's fine too, I guess. So i don't have any valuable input, sorry.

Need to also think about bod timer. If theres less chars available to people, less bod mules, less chance to get something good. On the other hand, that means if you do bods you'd need to trade for the ones you want.
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]