What do we actually like about AOS?

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Re: What do we actually like about AOS?

Post by Nixon »

I actually like the idea of removing runic hammers/kits from the game completely. What you are proposing is a FAR better option.

Crafters would have genuine uses again, still allows for variation in suits and makes it impossible to have an uber crafter who can do absolutely everything which makes the market more competitive. It will allow the shard as a whole to develop slower rather than have everyone max geared in 15 days.

I would think crafters would love this idea.
No to U

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Nice one Nix. That's what I was thinking. Can anyone see any holes in it or anything to add? Gonna try and write up proper PROPOSAL about it tonight.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Rembembered another thing I liked about AOS. Think it was SE actually. The guild war system. Remember how you could choose war conditions, it recorded kills, etc?

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

This is a nice idea.

What you're proposing is essentially moving away from the current runic based system and making a whole new system. I think this could be improved by really making enhancing great.

Not just ingot or leather type, but ingredients. This sounds kind of wowish, but bare with me.

So lets say that you want to create a piece of armour with high fire resist. Instead of the chances being based on the hammer (agapite hammer can make x amount of properties with up to x intensity) it is on the ingredients. So by using a dragon scale you have a chance to increase your fire resist by a up to a certain amount. Using an Ancient Wyrm scale increases both the chance and the cap. Maybe using the scale of RIKKTOR, KING OF DRAGONS, you have a 100% chance of making something with good fire resist.

You could do this with several things, not limited to champs, but another example. Poison fang from a scorpion/terra avenger/Mephistis for poison resist. Frost stuff for cold.

For properties you could use doom bosses.

This is obviously very complex and would require a lot of work from Oz and Ingo into making new menus, but something like this is pretty cool. Crafters would love it, because they have a chance to make good stuff based on things they can realistically hunt themselves (on their alt). People could farm ingredients then look for crafters to make their sutff. For pvp'rs, you could use these things to help make awesome suits.

Need to make a cap on how good an item can be, but can also leave room for enhancing stuff. So if you get a good drop from a mob, enhancing it with this kind of stuff can make it even better.

The scales or whatever don't need to be 100% drop rate, but overall, I think this kind of system would rock for uo. Much better than luck of the draw barbed kits.

It's basically a huge rejection of the runic system, which favored the rich getting richer, and has a model where even a lone player could make a pretty awesome piece of armour which someone would want to buy.
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

I think you're right actually. Enhancing would be the place to include 'ingredients' rather than @ item creation.