Crafting changes/new system - the idea

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Joe

Re: Crafting changes/new system - the idea

Post by Joe »

mate that is good I like that idea of using gems to enchant brings the pvm and player interaction into it more, so crafters will always be on the lookout to buy gems

just need to get the gem drop rate or gems per enchant right I think

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Almost unintended consequences of what we're doing:

1. Much easier for people to start off on an already developed shard, or to start off on their own at any point. They don't need to go fight top-level mobs that are either too difficult or controlled by PK guilds, they can make the best items just by training their crafting skills, harvesting resources, and either PvM to get the crafting scrolls, or trading. Power Scrolls(especially as we've made 120's more difficult to get) tick the 'territitorial control' and 'player justice' boxes on their own.

2. Greater proliferation of items means better suits, but more balance between players. Everyone has an equal chance of making top-end items and in theory they will not be exclusively in the hands of the shards 'elite'.

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

But I kind of think that's it's nice to reward the strong too. If there are some special gems which only drop as high end loot, that's kind of cool too, no?
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

I honestly think champ spawns + the special drops on the 'special' monsterz is enough(artifacts + special hair dye, reward robes). At least for now. Good thing about AOS item system = adding new stuff is easy. In the case of a successful shard, say 6 months in and people seem to be running out of high-end objectives, you've always got the option of adding something extra, whether it be something to produce extra mods on items, or some new items, or whatever. I mean look at the Gemcrafting thing on Legacy - can anyone remember much about that? Or 'Imbuing' skill they've added on OSI. Loads of options.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

On that subject actually - one of the unfortunate aspects of AOS was fashion going out of the window a bit (I'M SURE NIX AGREES!) - everyone wearing reward robes/cloaks for maximum phys, usually looking like shittttt as well. What about if we made some other items count as 'outer' clothing - so you can't stack them with robes, but gives you the option to get your +3 phys resist from something other than a robe?

afaik to change something to count as outer clothing you just add

Code: Select all

public abstract class BaseOuterTorso 
to the item script file.

Edit: Just tried, bit more complicated than that, but made it work npz. Used a normal half-apron just for a test, now can't equip robe + half-apron at same time. So we could create a 'reward' clothing of any type that wouldn't be stackable with Vet Robes.

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

I know this has been covered on the other thread but yes, the terrible fashion AOS brought was an absolute disaster - the worst thing since stat loss :(

I am forever scarred having to wear a fucking samarui helmet on my precious neon hair.
No to U