Taming

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Taming

Post by Calix »

Thinking about adding Herding in as a control requirement. Thoughts?

Would take Tamers out of PvP completely I think, but still leave them as the best PvM class.

A pure PvM tamer would be what? Taming/Lore/Vet/Herding/Magery/Wrestle/Resist ?

If someone were to try to make a PvP tamer, they'd need Taming/Lore/Herding at a minimum, not leaving a great deal of room for adding in actual PvP skills.

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Re: Taming

Post by Mercury »

I like the addition personally. Maybe make herding useful though? (like a pvm buff, can say herd tamable monsters at a higher level to make them easier to tame? how did herding actually work? make something come to you? If so maybe make it have a calming effect like peacemake but only on tamables?)

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

That's a pretty rox idea.

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

ok the only flaw iv just figured, or could just be a "feature" is it acts as peacemake when pvming those tameables, ie drags/ww's would be the 2 that got farmed i guess.

Night
fIlThY cUnT

Post by Night »

Why would you need to nerf tamer templates. With the pet speed nerf (some time after aos iirc) tamers shouldn't be an issue in pvp.

Is it the necro tamer / 2 bake problem you're worrying about ? That may need fixing ?

Tamer pvp in this era should be nothing more than an inconvenience. Similar to crafting too much template-nerfing might discourage people from playing. Herding is crap to level btw also.

Faction guarding tamers were kind of fun at one point.

Oh, Herding btw. Click Crook > Click animal / monster > Click location to send animal / monster there or click self to have it follow you.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

None of that SE shit like Bake-Kitsunes in anyway. Reasoning = Tamer PvP is fun for no one. They aren't massively overpowered in a p25-ish setting, but they're still more powerful than pretty much anything else. One extra skill requirement isn't going to effect their PvM ability(best in game) much.

Another thing we'll need to see in practice, I guess.

Btw skill gain speed/difficulty is easiest change ever.

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

As much as I hated tamers in PvP I kind of agree with Night, if the pet speed is nerfed then they aren't a major issue, especially with pet limit in place. Tamers weren't a major issue in AOS until the warp bug + bola use.
No to U

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Fair enough. Can leave it as it is and consider the herding requirement if tamers ever become a problem.

Belgarion
FISSURE OF WOE

Post by Belgarion »

Couple of points here

1: Tamers will ALWAYS have an impact on PvP if people want to make it so.
You say pet speed "fixes" tamers in PvP. It doesnt. It limits them, sure, but then the tamer just play to his strenghts. ie. PvP group with tamers can just siege locations, yes?

2: "Pure" PvM tamer would look more like: Taming/Lore/Vet/Herd/Music/Disc+Some magery.
I-Cers about my joining I-C:
Clx: "risk", "what? dont", "I`ll object"
Future: "fucked up"
Villa: "dirty and unclean"
senj: "guildhopper"