IPY2 Thread

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

IPY2 Thread

Post by Calix »

http://inporylem.com/forum/showthread.p ... tack/page2

Talking about the thread not video here. The OCB(factions, basically) system has completely failed. The pirates system too(no one plays either system). Two of the biggest selling points of the shard during it's development. What is IPY left with? PKing newbs and Paladins/Detectives. Shard has failed.

Lessons from IPY2:

1. Don't move too far from the era whose mechanics you are mostly based on(you lot are right on this) What put me off = gates in dungeons, no horses, slow skill gain, shitty OCB system.
2. Manufactured systems of end-game PvP/content can never work as well as a free form and completely player-driven system like Champ spawns.
3. The 'PK problem' still hasn't been successfully answered.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Re: IPY2 Thread

Post by Fatalist »

Useful observations mate.

I recall when I was writing up my FACTIONS PROPOSAL one of the conscious thoughts I had all the way through was to not make any weird gimmicky, labour intensive or restricting requirements, admittedly not all parts were great, but the concept was just a collection of small things each person can do if they want, that work towards an overall goal, with no real drawback to not taking part in the system at all. Since that post we have come up with shitloads of fucking good ideas imo, maybe it’s time to refer to the factions system again to see how it would fit in with the other changes we have proposed.

Biggest lesson = let people do what they want, how they want, when they want. That’s the magic of UO.
Down with Scotland