+3 phys items system

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

+3 phys items system

Post by Calix »

As in, the vet rewards and cloaks. As I mentioned in the other thread, they kind of ruined UO FASHION. People like me n Nix care about that.

So, new system. All the items below use the OUTER TORSO or BACK slot, so you can only combine a maximum of two of them, just as if you had a Robe + Cloak. For example. You have a +phys apron and +phys doublet, filling your 'outer torso' and 'back' slots. This means you can't equip ANY other items that fill those two slots, which means normal items like robes, cloaks, and obviously further +phys items. It doesn't prevent you using normal versions of other +phys items though(because they still use their old slots), so even though you have a +phys doublet and apron, you can still equip a normal kilt - just not a +phys one because the +phys items have been moved to the new slots. Does that make sense?

These items are available from 'Shame' (legacy 25 term) Impalers, Flesh Renderers and Bone Demons. Which are currently in Shame/Deceit/Covey/Hythloth. Each one has 3 of the 8 available items. Some fill the back slot, some the outer torso, so not all combinations are possible, but that doesn't matter seems as you can combine the normal version of these items as well.

Item types(all offer +3 phys)
Robe
Cloak
Plain Dress
Half-Apron
Kilt
Jester Suit
Tunic
Doublet

Planned on Sandals and Sashes originally but both causing problems with paper doll display because they're using different slots to normal. You can obviously still use normal sashes/sandals in conjunction with these items.

Normal vet reward robes and cloaks(the ingot colours) are still available through the vet rewards menu. (This is the only way they are available, the items in the above system are all hued white and are dyeable by normal and special dye tubs.

The most you can get from any combination of the above is +6 phys, like on OSI.

CODED AND IN~ Any requests for other items? Can't do Hats and the like - if they use an AOS item slot it's not possible. Does anyone reckon it's worth making certain artifacts spawnable as multiple clothing/armour types? So for example when you get a HoM, it could be a Wizard Hat(as it is currently), or a straw hat, or a tall straw hat, etc? I know it's minor shit but lots of people cared about it..

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Re: +3 phys items system

Post by Calix »

Image Image

Night
fIlThY cUnT

Post by Night »

Calix best :)

Would be nice if they were available with the other elemental resists too ? And maybe a range of funky titles or colours ?

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

Hat of the magi spawning as multiple hat types would be beste. Imagine getting a Jester Hat of the Magi though, how gutted would you be! Not sure it would work with other items because of the balance issues with having certain things in certain slots, I like the concept in principle.

BUYING FLOPPY HAT OF THE MAGI, OFFERING TRICORNE HAT OF MAGI AND +20 MAGERY!
Down with Scotland

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Yeah def no switching items to different slots so obviously wouldn't work for everything.

Night they are dyeable with normal/special dye tub, not sure about adding different base hues. Titles would be 0 work if we could think of anything suitable.

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Jesters hat's were fucking cool on the right set. It would be nice if instead of +3 phys it was a random stat like Night suggested. Gives just a bit more freedom which can only be a good thing. Alternatively can have a crafter to do some sort of transformation on the item to convert the +3 phys to +3 fire.
No to U

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

I don't think it's too hard to randomise it as a +3 to any elemental resist if we decide that's the way to go.

Belgarion
FISSURE OF WOE

Post by Belgarion »

Armour Patch : Adds 3 X resist to any piece of armour or clothing. Player may only wear 1 armour patch at any one time.
I-Cers about my joining I-C:
Clx: "risk", "what? dont", "I`ll object"
Future: "fucked up"
Villa: "dirty and unclean"
senj: "guildhopper"

KoKane

Post by KoKane »

I done that years ago. I went through and made robes/cloaks for the elemental resists, because 3% physical was clearly a pre-aos idea that never got updated.

What I did though was very 'neony'.

Because the Elemental damage on weapons has 4 tiers of colour (you know, dull blue for lowest cold dmg and then the bright blue for 100% cold damage), I ended up making 1%, 2%, 3%, 4% as the resist values but the robes were also tier'd as a result.
This enabled more veteran rewards.

Had to come up with names aswell like "Scorched robe" for the 1% fire resist one, and then like "Burning robe" for the 4% one
You get the idea.

I guess you could use a different set of hues and still create the effect.

I actually think it would be a good thing to have artifacts drop in different ID's. It adds to the playability factor. Some people would love to collect them all, like pokemanz, and some people just simlpy want the bonuses from the item, so they can go pwn kidz.

I think really though, it should be a legendary crafters job, to re-weave a hat, or hammer out a helm into another shape.

The problem is the base resists changing. Its not difficult though.
pro at everything except being pro

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

I edited this a bit. Noticed some weird graphics glitches with say a kilt using the robe slot. It also prevented you being able to move armour around easily on paperdoll.

Now all the items listed use their natural clothing slots and can stack with each other assuming they use different slots - doublet, jester suit and tunic do and therefore aren't stackable with each other, same for dresses and robes. Each item now only offers 1% physical resist each. May create some more that offer elemental resists, or whatever, at some point.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

I like the 1-2-3 system, so newbies might end up finding a +1 boots of phys resist on a lizardman or something, but a +3 robe of poison resist would only drop on like, a poison ele. Max 3 items of resist clothing at any one time.
Down with Scotland