Lost Lands?

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Lost Lands?

Post by Calix »

I know Merc is against having them in, like Legacy.

I take the opposite view - most of the best fights I can remember from AOS were in LL. Oasis, Tortoise and Sanctum especially. Also think it makes it easier for smaller/newer/weaker groups to manage to get spawns done without attracting too many 'wolves' that will beat the shit out of them and drive them off.

The other option, which could be the way to go would be just leaving in the northern part. So Ice, Ice West, Fire, Oasis, Sanctum. Can achieve that by blocking off the rest of the landmass(can do it with invisible columns), or just removing the champ spawns. Obviously Oaks would have to be moved somewhere else.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Re: Lost Lands?

Post by Fatalist »

I'd rather leave them all in, there's useful stuff all over, for tamers, general pvm, good terrain for fighting, etc.
Down with Scotland

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Yeah, it's a huge landmass but can be used for events / additional spawns etc. The teleport abuse etc makes it so good, nice alternative to dungeon fighting as well.
No to U

Joe

Post by Joe »

I know we talked about spells to remove ghostcams from dungeon spawns but do we need to do something about LL spawns too then?

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

Don't think you even just need a spell. Just add the system that kicks ghosts to nearest dungeon/ll entrance when they've been logged out for 10+ minutes for example
Down with Scotland

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

the reason i am against LL is exactly why you want to cull towns etc cutts, LL is typically a deserted landmass, with the odd pk hero who is fucking bored running forever in the desperation he might find a spawn to crash/star room pvp/and oaks. Those things to me do not justify having a landmass of that size with no recall etc.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

On a working shard it wouldn't be a deserted wasteland though. Up to mid 2005ish? I'd almost be guaranteed to find a spawn being worked at most times of the day, even on a 'dead' shard like Drach. I know that was at least partially due to the unique nature of Drach(Europeans AND Americans playing) but hopefully we'd have the same.

Joe

Post by Joe »

I would say some sort of reduction to the size might be needed initally just to concenrate thing a bit while the player base is small, it is simple enough to open those areas up as we expand.

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

Change it's name to the Land that Time Forgot and fill it with dinosaurs.
Or fill it with UO lovers.
Signatures broken since 2009...

Padaxus
Berkshire chainsaw massacre

Post by Padaxus »

Why not have recall at least partially would make it more accessible or areas where recall works although i can see the camping already.
[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/AlieBarnes/Korea1.jpg[/img]

Night
fIlThY cUnT

Post by Night »

Lost Lands = Champ Spawns for me and is a vital part of the period and character of the post P16 era.

Keep them original !

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Night wrote:Lost Lands = Champ Spawns for me and is a vital part of the period and character of the post P16 era.
Sums up my thoughts as well.

If we're really concerned about it being empty and difficult to get around - more teleporters/entrances, possibly?

Night
fIlThY cUnT

Post by Night »

While I wouldn't suggest a teleporter to every spawn having teleports to maybe half the spawns or nearby if placed well could create some invader / defender choke points. One of the reasons EEV chose Deceit to 'own' was that we could create a choke point on the tele down from BK room, hardly anyone came in the back from Fire as it was a pain in the ass.

I think some more choke points to defend could create some good fights....it was the stand offs (fields, bagballs, EV's) that created excitement prior to attackers breaking through.

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

If you can make khaldun relevant, that would be awesome. Always been my fave dungeon.

In fact, how about making khaldun the harrower dungeon? no ressing inside, deaths spawn revenants, etc.

Maybe too hardcore for some, but I think it would be awesome. And since it was the original home of the tentacles of the harrower, it makes sense to do it there.
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]

Night
fIlThY cUnT

Post by Night »

2002 outside Khaldun. Me, hop, Doom and Hawk. As I remember mark-o showed up shortly after and killed all of us lol.