Improving the player experience by...

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Improving the player experience by...

Post by Calix »

reducing or improving some of the more effort intensive tasks?

I can't even really think of what they are, but the kind of things that encourage people to just use EUO to the extreme to get around them.

As far as crafting goes, what are the most irritating tasks? Anything else beyond crafting.

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Re: Improving the player experience by...

Post by Mercury »

things like uses on items? like tailor kits etc? requiring you to have either 3261262 in bp or a script to pick up a new one from a box etc

Night
fIlThY cUnT

Post by Night »

mining - could change to super mining spot (they used to exist) - never runs out and gives every ore
lumberjacking - could change to have more supertrees (also used to exist) - never run out and give every resource (could also be used as a pk lure)
collecting leather - I quite like the idea of supercows (that's more for training though)
finding carto locations
poisoning - pointless to make this hard as there's no uber reward at the end
lockpicking - although tbh this is part of the grind and should stay as hard as it is
collecting regs / pots / bottles
pet bonding
repair deeds - you could have an uber 1 ticket "repair all" contract if made by a smith/tailor/tink/carp char
plant growing for resources
getting a rez - help / stuck equivalent would be nice when you've given up on corpse (with appropriate timeout)
gaining justice, sacrifice etc

there's probably more

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

mining/lumberjacking - you should mine/chop until the spot/tree is empty rather than having to loop a click every few seconds. Same for fishing I guess. Don't drastically increase drop rate (Need to keep the economy in order) or provide infinite spots (place a house next to it and be the richest on shard? no thx) but reduces the need to loop.

Some things like buying regs/cloth etc can be looked at in some way but remember there is a valid and important market for vendors who make money solely from providing the convenience and we shouldn't reduce this 'career'.

Perhaps creating items when training skills. a 'Make 50' or 'Make Max (according to resources) button for example would be good to reduce the need to use a script to click the same button 13598235 times.

I honestly don't think that there are many individul tasks that are tedious, there's just a LOT to do especially when starting up a new character. A lot of the tedious stuff early on like running around on foot, having to manually travel with loot pre-recall etc, are part of what create the experience and shouldn't be mitigated.

Some of the suggestions I liked -

- getting a rez - help / stuck equivalent would be nice when you've given up on corpse (with appropriate timeout) - perhaps an expansion on the anti spawn ghost system, where after say 2-3 minutes you could choose to be kicked to a shrine
- things like uses on items? like tailor kits etc? requiring you to have either 3261262 in bp or a script to pick up a new one from a box etc - this is good, tinker kits/pickaxes etc never cost enough to really justify the need to have 50 of them in your pack. Increase charges on plain kits/tools or make them stackable so adding a 34 charge sewing kit to a 50 one would give you 84 charges and don't limit this (except at maybe 999 for example)

One I didn't like -
repair deeds - you could have an uber 1 ticket "repair all" contract if made by a smith/tailor/tink/carp char - this discourages regular interaction between players and crafters

Best idea ever -
plant growing for resources - this could be genius, plant a regeant and have to care for the plant for say, a week? get x amount after the period. During the week you need to add the right amount of water/food at the right intervals. The more accurate and timely you make the care, the more regeants you get at the end of the period. Could create a system that could be like. Mandrake ROOT needs to be watered twice per day, with food once every 3 days, but Sulfurous Ash needs something else. Maybe 'plants' wouldnt work for all of them, as you couldn't really grow spider silk, but worth some thought as this could give a new dimension to trammie crafter types
Down with Scotland

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Nice one boys. Some quality stuff there.

Repair deeds = np, we're not having them in on the shard.

Reagent growing = genius idea.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Addressing some more of this gradually:

Attardz idea of being able to click once to gather until a tree or mine or fishing spot is out of resources make sense. Is this doable code wise, does anyone know?