Dismounting, remount delays, horse barding, bonding

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Dismounting, remount delays, horse barding, bonding

Post by Calix »

Dismounting - Just bola's and Lance/Pitchfork whilst on foot, as per OSI?

Post dismount delay timers? As per OSI or need readjusting?

Emount mounting timers? What about if say GM stealthers had no emount mounting delay unless dismounted? To make them a bit more viable in this pre-ninja world.

How about barding for normal horses? Just something to give them extra hit points, or similar. Make them actually worth having over an emount - also nice for the kind of people that get attached to their horses!

Are we all agreed bonding = bad? Or could we allow it for say mounts only?

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Re: Dismounting, remount delays, horse barding, bonding

Post by zole »

Think clubs can dismount too, as well as wands (although if we remove then np).

Timers are good, but maybe include a timer for the dismounter too.

I don't think bonding is necessarily a bad thing. Maybe give it a bit of an adjustment? Keep bonding, limit amount of pets you can bond to 1 (A REAL BOND) for non tamers, 2 for tamers, make pet summoning balls weigh 300stone.

That way, you cant use it mid fight to summon DRAGONZ or a new mount of nowhere (people will actually die when dismounted), but you will be able to summon your mount when you get home if it gets lost (Like they always fucking do).

No emount delay for stealthers is a nice idea to encourage the class, maybe only if they are hidden though. Eitherway it could be pretty powerful. Stealth up to someone, dismount, kill horsie, shadowstrike and mount up, kill (or try to kill) person.

Barding (WAR LLAMA) is a nice idea. No affect on player though, right? Just increases hp by a hundred, for example? Should this be allowed on mares too?
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Agree with all of that, and yeah def just extra HP for mount, nothing more.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

In an ideal world, long team fights (at champ spawns etc) should end up with everyone running around on foot and loads of dead mounts everywhere^^

I like the idea of making pet summon balls heavy but maybe you could only use them within x distance of a stable for example, as nobody would realistically carry them if they were heavy enough to make an impact. They should just be a convenience/quality of life tool to save you having to run around a dungeon looking for a stray ghost.

Bonding for animals would be good but yeah just add resists and HP, no reduced damage for rider.
Down with Scotland

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

That's the point, they should be too heavy to actually carry around on your person. Whether it's at your house or you store it in the bank. That's got to be the easiest way to code it, no?
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Yeah def. either that or make them only usable whilst locked down or something. Where do the summoning balls come from anyway?

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

They came from Solens - same as bags of sending, but IMO add them to say, Fishing and level 3+ tchests?
Down with Scotland

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Either than or treasure chests/dungeon chests

Belgarion
FISSURE OF WOE

Post by Belgarion »

Dismount weapons:
Lance
Wand
Axe Bardiche
Bladed Staff
Club
Heavy X
Pitchfork

Make petballs a house feature. Crafted by tinkerererers, and only placeable in houses. Like an anvil!
Or were we not doing houses? I forget :/
I-Cers about my joining I-C:
Clx: "risk", "what? dont", "I`ll object"
Future: "fucked up"
Villa: "dirty and unclean"
senj: "guildhopper"

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

No that makes sense Belg.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Think I'll look into making the summoning balls purchasable in deed form from NPC's(and expensive), and only placeable in a home you own.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Right for horses and other mounts - for now, instead of overcomplicating things and creating more coding requirements, we'll forget barding.

We'll go with having bonding in, with summoning balls purchased in deed form and only usable when locked down in a house, like a forge, as belg suggests. This is the only part that will need coding. I'd want to make them very expensive and of limited charges.

As regards actual mounts, obviously we've got emounts in - everyone likes them, they look good, etc. But I'd still like to encourage the use of real mounts. I liked naming my horses and got attached to them when they lasted a while back in the day :(

One way to encourage people to use a real pet is to give them better stamina than emounts - not sure about that one personally - or make normal mounts like horses llamas & ostards a bit more like a toned down faction warhorse(or swamp dragon really) - ie, increased HP, won't die in one lightning when you get dismounted, should survive for you to remount, if you're clever/lucky.

So, I've upped the potential HP to 90. Was 20-30ish before. I've left the lower end of the scale the same, so you can still get them with 20hp, which hopefully encourages interaction with tamers as they can lore them to see which have the high HPs and are worth actually taming/selling. To tie into that I was also thinking of making NPC-bought horses much much more expensive, to encourage people to buy from actual players. Maybe it's stupid and unachievable but I'd like to go back to seeing people taming things like horses to sell, and actually making a 'business' out of it. That was one of the first things that really struck me in UO. Obviously players can 'train' the wrestle/tact/anat/resist on mounts as well.

Also thinking about knocking the stats of warhorses down a bit, to make them slightly above horse standard, and then making them available through NPC's for some ridiculous price(many millions) as a gold sink. We're not having factions in any time soon and if we did, 'real' faction warhorses could have the old stats.

Any opinions on this admittedly very minor subject?:(

Belgarion
FISSURE OF WOE

Post by Belgarion »

I like. Only thing i might do differently is rather than limited uses petball thingy, i`d just put a cooldown on use.
I-Cers about my joining I-C:
Clx: "risk", "what? dont", "I`ll object"
Future: "fucked up"
Villa: "dirty and unclean"
senj: "guildhopper"