Weapon Special Moves - Oz/Ingo

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Weapon Special Moves - Oz/Ingo

Post by Calix »

Iit possible to change which weapon has which? They obviously assign to a graphic in the 'specials book' on the paperdoll, so might not be?

Just thinking about giving some of the weapons with two shit specials at least one decent one. If not possibly improving some of the poor specials slightly.

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Re: Weapon Special Moves - Oz/Ingo

Post by zole »

I imagine it's possible. Would be nice to make certain weps worthwhile again. Used to be that axes/hallies were awesome, but if it's not a hatchet or a battleaxe, other axes just aren't worth it.

The fact that you can get awesome mods on a shit wep was always kind of depressing ("This would be fucking awesome if it wasn't a fucking pitchfork"), but maybe that was a good thing, making the good stuff even rarer.

This is effectively a buff to pvmrs, as they are the ones who will benefit from shit weps being improved.

When you think about it it's just kind of sad how what used to be an awesome wep is now shit. Katanas are shit, it's all about cleavers!
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Yeah - there's only a few we'd want to change, the kind with two shit specials. If we can't change the specials, we could just up wep speed, or base dmg a bit to at least make some of the completely useless weps viable. Not talking about putting them up there with Warforks/Cleavers/Bone Harvs etc.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

JAMIE EL-BANNA - ORDER THIS LIST FROM GOOD TO BAD! Obviously leave out all the Samurai and Elf shit.

http://www.uoguide.com/One-Handed_Weapon

http://www.uoguide.com/Two-Handed_Weapon

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

Can't list from good to bad, will just give my opinion on each wep

One handed.

Bone Harv - Para/Mortal - My fave wep for a mage. Great specials.
Butcher knife - Infect/Disarm - Good for anyone with poisoning
Cleaver - Bleed/Infect - Ultimate offensive wep for a poisoner
Dagger - Infect/Shadow - Good for poisoners, especially with a fast one
Warfork - Bleed/disarm - One of the best one handed weps, offense and defense, good base dmg
Broadsword - Crush/AI - One handed armour ignore, decent base dmg, with hit effect and tactics does great damage.
Cutlas - Bleed/Shadow - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives
Katana - Double Strike/AI - Pretty pointless, doublestrike isn't worth using in pvp, speed is irrelevant and base dmg not that good.
Longsword - AI/Conc - Another good one hand wep. Ai/Conc, both desireable offensive moves.
Pickaxe - Double/Disarm - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives.
Scimitar - Double/Para - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives
Skinning knife - Shadow/Disarm - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives
Viking - Crush/Para - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives
Kryss - AI/Infect - Would be awesome if the base damage wasn't so low. Maybe good on a dexxer?
Lance - Dismount/Conc - Does the job.
Club - Shadow/Dismount - Very good stealther wep, dismount and then hide again. This is the wep every stealther wants.
Hammer pick - AI/Mortal - Awesome wep, always liked it.
Mace - Conc/disarm - Great defensive wep, conc does great damage and it's fast. Remember Armstrong and his 20 ssi 40 hit lightning mace?
Maul - Crush/Conc - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives
Scepter - Crush/Mortal - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives
Sledge hammer - PURE SHIT
Smith hammer - PURE SHIT
Wand - Dismount/disarm - AWESOME. Best pure defensive wep in game IMO. If you get dismounted and are getting dexxed, wands rock. APPROVED FOR FIGHTING VS ATHENA
War axe - AI/Bleed - Another great wep.
War mace - Crush/Bleed - SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

Axe - Crush/Dismount - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives.
Bardiche - Para/Dismount - Good PVP wep. Para someone then quick dismount. AI used this a lot I believe.
Battle axe - Bleed/Concuss - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives.
Bladed Staff - AI/Dismount - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives.
Cresent Blade - Double strike/Mortal - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives.
Double axe - Double strike/Whirlwind - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives.
Executioner axe - Bleed/Mortal - Good. Both useful specials
Halberd - Whirlwind/Concuss - Kind of a redundant wep. Too slow to make use of the big base damage, specials aren't great.
Hatchet - AI/Disarm - Maybe the best dexxer wep. Disarm enemy then throw in the AI.
Large Battle Axe - Whirlwind/Bleed Pointless wep. There are better alternatives.
Scythe - Bleed/Para - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives. Bleed AND Para is kind of retarded.
Two handed Axe - Double strike/Shadowstrike - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives.
Double bladed staff - Double strike/Infect - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives.
Pike - Para/Infect - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives.
Pitchfork - Bleed/dismount - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives.
Shortspear - Shadowstrike/Mortal - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives.
Spear - AI/Para - Good wep. Nice specials.
Black staff - Whirlwind/Para - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives.
Gnarled Staff - Concuss/Para - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives.
Quarter Staff - Double/Concuss - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives.
Shepherds Crook - Crush/Disarm - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives.
War Hammer - Whirlwind/Crush - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives.

Archery

Bow - Para/Mortal - Good. Only bow with para.
Comp bow - AI/Moving shot - Excellent wep, especially with the chase down moving shot. Probably the bow that dexxer archers like the most.
Xbow - Concuss/Mortal - Huge damage on the concuss from this, especially if hit effect applies. Great wep on mages, especially as part of a combo.
Heavy Xbow - Moving shot/Dismount - Great damage on the dismounts. Moving shots actually pretty good damage too due to high base.
Repeating xbox - Double strike/moving shot - Shit, but the fastest bow.

Belgarion
FISSURE OF WOE

Post by Belgarion »

I hate to do this, but i actually disagree with numerous entries on this list.
I wont go in and comment on each one, but i will say this.

There are quite few weapons that are totally useless. I remember that when picking a weapon, stats were the be all end all.
And not just the hit light, the ssi and what have you, but also the base stats. Base speed is crucial, but the ratio between base speed and base damage is also crucial. (Think PvM`ers here aswell, where specials dont necessarily mean all that much)
There is also the fact that each weaponskill might have limited access to certain special moves, making otherwise uninteresting weapons a must. (Obviously this is something we could change, but it needs pointing out).

Going over that list, there are extremely few weapons i have never used in pvp because the weapon type was bad. In fact, i think it is only these:

Scimitar
Viking Sword
Sledge Hammer
Smith Hammer
War Mace (You are right Zole, it really is slow)
Large Battle Axe
Scythe
Two Handed Axe
Black Staff

Two good specials on the same weapon is a luxury. On quite a few it is balanced out with "bad" base stats.
Its a very precarious balance here if you want to go changing things. A lot of stuff to keep in mind, and a lot of work to make sure you dont A: Make something super good, and B: Make something else super bad as a side effect.

Also zole...

"Battle axe - Bleed/Concuss - Pointless wep. There are better alternatives."

Really? REALLY?
You were doing quite well up to that point :(
I-Cers about my joining I-C:
Clx: "risk", "what? dont", "I`ll object"
Future: "fucked up"
Villa: "dirty and unclean"
senj: "guildhopper"

Superfast Oz
Cardinal Chunder

Post by Superfast Oz »

Don't think we should change weapons personally. Should focus on more important thingz.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

agree with oz, there will always be weapons which are preferred over others and so much of it comes down to the mods anyway. Pointless trying to edit them for the sake of it.
Down with Scotland

Ingo
Author of "Stripper Assassin"

Post by Ingo »

Which specials a weapon has are defined in the first few lines of each weapons .cs file. Changing this doesnt appear to change the icon and using the dynamic "primary ability" and "secondary ability" won't work for a changed an ability.

tl;dr = no, you can't.
No to Scottish existence.

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

Belg: battle axe was a mistake!!!

Maybe I was too harsh on some weps.. But basically a lot weps aren't that great , but I'm prob thinking from the crafted point of view. Some weps are usable with uber mods but I was just generalising.

If you assumed each wep was gm crafted (with spel chan and no other effects for mages) then my list is pretty decent.

But if someone has the time to say "this wep is useful if it has over 20ssi and 40 in hit effect" or something then go for it!

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Yeah - seemed that way. Npz.