Stackable Potions, Alchemy & Greater Explo's

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Stackable Potions, Alchemy & Greater Explo's

Post by Calix »

Stackable potions:

Negatives:
I remember what it was like on OSI on our last run. I would carry 30+ heal/cure/refresh every time I went out, because it was easy to store them in your backpack. Encourages ridiculous pot abuse.

Positives:
It really is a fucking pain in the arse having your pack covered with 15 potions, or having to put them all in a bag, or set a macro to put them all in a bag.

Possible solution: Allow stackable pots, but with a max of 5 per stack. Would this work? I'm not certain it's even possible. Oz?

Explo pots:

We've all seen what it's like on freeshards, people abuse PP's like they never did on OSI, managing to run at max speed whilst killing people with purples.

Atm I've got it set up so that without any Alchemy, purples will do between 1-3 damage on someone with 60 resists. They're still useful for revealing hidden people, or a tiny bit of extra damage on a runner. With GM Alchemy they do between 15-20. Too much of a bonus, too little, about right? Remember Alchemy gives the same (30% EP) to all other potions as well.

Belgarion
FISSURE OF WOE

Re: Stackable Potions, Alchemy & Greater Explo's

Post by Belgarion »

Calix wrote:Stackable potions:

Negatives:
I remember what it was like on OSI on our last run. I would carry 30+ heal/cure/refresh every time I went out, because it was easy to store them in your backpack. Encourages ridiculous pot abuse.

Positives:
It really is a fucking pain in the arse having your pack covered with 15 potions, or having to put them all in a bag, or set a macro to put them all in a bag.

Possible solution: Allow stackable pots, but with a max of 5 per stack. Would this work? I'm not certain it's even possible. Oz?

Actual Solution: Allow stackable potions, but make each potion weigh x (x=amount that limits amount of potion people carry to something sensible)

Explo pots:

We've all seen what it's like on freeshards, people abuse PP's like they never did on OSI, managing to run at max speed whilst killing people with purples.

Atm I've got it set up so that without any Alchemy, purples will do between 1-3 damage on someone with 60 resists. They're still useful for revealing hidden people, or a tiny bit of extra damage on a runner. With GM Alchemy they do between 15-20. Too much of a bonus, too little, about right? Remember Alchemy gives the same (30% EP) to all other potions as well.

As for the damage on explo pots with full ep and alchemy. Its kind of hard to say tbh, but i think the previously stated solution would sort of help against it becoming that much of a prob (as it is now mind)
I-Cers about my joining I-C:
Clx: "risk", "what? dont", "I`ll object"
Future: "fucked up"
Villa: "dirty and unclean"
senj: "guildhopper"

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Striking a balance would be great as I'm all for an Alchemy template - the more diversity the better. I remember when we made the BOOMZ on OSI but unfortunately didn't play long enough to utilize it properly.

I can't remember if you've capped EP, but I remember running with around 50% on Nixon before it was widespread (thanks to some Terry Fyde items!), and it was ridiculous defensively.

An EP cap on items and then allow an Alchemy bonus on top would work. The damage you've mentioned seems fair to me, although you'd have to really test it properly to see how it works in practice. (i.e. explo + 2-3 pots hitting at same time). Until people are geared, an alchemy template could be really unbalanced (sub 130-140hp).

A possible alternative to having multi explo potions hitting as well, is to give them a longer cooldown. That way you can keep the damage higher but limit the instant impact?

I like the idea of potion weight as well.
No to U

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Beste posts Nix and Belg.

I think Belg's idea makes most sense. Allow stackable pots but up their weight to the point where no one is going to want to carry 20+ of each.

Oh and item EP cap is 40, with another 30 available with GM Alch. 40 is quite high but fairly unachievable, I think. Might need lowering anyway, def one of the things that needs testing.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Have a look at basepotion.cs Oz? There's a few mentions of stackable pots in there, mostly with core.ML, which I changed to core.AOS, also another line regarding weight, and another mentioning stackable with 'false', that I changed to 'true' - but none seem to have affected anything much.

Editz: Just changing the code

Code: Select all

public BasePotion( int itemID, PotionEffect effect ) : base( itemID )
		{
			m_PotionEffect = effect;

Stackable = Core.ML;
			Weight = 1.0;
		}
from core.ML to core.AOS makes them stackable - but the graphic doesn't show exactly right - shows as say '11 greater explosion potions' but the graphic still shows a single potion and you can't divide them up.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Maybe we won't do this, sounds like a right pain in der arse:

http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/ ... ons.90885/