Thoughts on quivers?

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Re: Thoughts on quivers?

Post by Mercury »

thats what id go for and surprised it wasnt mentioned earlier. non wearable, but insurable quivers.

Laz

Post by Laz »

Agreed, they look like shit. But are great for archers for the reasons Zole mentioned.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

Can we add insurable reagent bags then?

Still think we would be adding quivers for the sake of it/just 'because it's quite nice for archers'
Down with Scotland

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

Yeah it is because it's nice for archers... obviously.

Mages have LRC (although not all do, i know). Dexxers can do damage after ressing, but archers are the only ones who are totally fucked after ressing and unable to do anything.
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

I just cant agree that we change stuff 'because it's nice' when it has an impact on pvp. Archers have their advantages and disadvantages the same as any other class. Mages have to either sacrifice other mods to get lrc, or work ridiculously hard/farm shitloads/get very lucky. What would archers have to sacrifice for this luxury? I understand where you guys are coming from comparing them to dexers who can do damage straight off from being ressed, but lets be honest, they are different classes with different playstyles and group combat functions.

It's not just the quiver mechanics I oppose, it's the mindset of introducing things that are either unfair, trivial or just pointless when there are much more important things to focus on.
Down with Scotland

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Oh I don't care about them being useful after ressing, that is one of the most bullshit aspects of AOS imooooo.

It's minor as fuck anyway, we'll try it with and without on the test shard.

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Fatalist wrote:I just cant agree that we change stuff 'because it's nice' when it has an impact on pvp. Archers have their advantages and disadvantages the same as any other class. Mages have to either sacrifice other mods to get lrc, or work ridiculously hard/farm shitloads/get very lucky. What would archers have to sacrifice for this luxury? I understand where you guys are coming from comparing them to dexers who can do damage straight off from being ressed, but lets be honest, they are different classes with different playstyles and group combat functions.

It's not just the quiver mechanics I oppose, it's the mindset of introducing things that are either unfair, trivial or just pointless when there are much more important things to focus on.
I don't see how it's unfair, trivial or pointless though? Archers would argue it's quite the opposite.

Archers are the most fucked over pvp 'class' in the game, they only really became properly viable because of a bug.....

Giving them a quiver at 2-3 times insurance cost seems fair.
No to U

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Fatalist wrote: it's the mindset of introducing things that are either unfair, trivial or just pointless when there are much more important things to focus on.
Don't really get that, discussion here isn't exactly jumping with important ideas unless I bring something up, or Oz codes something. Anything should be encouraged for discussion down to smallest detailz

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

If archers are highlighted as a problem/underpowered class, I certainly don't think giving them a few arrows on ressing will help.

Surely we can do better than adding an item that over the course of 1 thread has been completely changed from an equippable, visable, insurable item with bonus properties, to one which cannot be equipped, cannot be seen, has no properties and judging by Clx's most recent post may not even be insurable.
Down with Scotland

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

def got bummed by someone wearing a quiver

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

urmum likes my quiverbone
Down with Scotland

Toki
Drive-by Reskiller

Post by Toki »

I agree with Fatal and Oz about Quivers. I can see the benefits and what you are trying to do giving Archers something for a class that was more often then not lacking throughout UO's history. Think of all the Dismount faggot archers like I had during drach days, imagine a little tosser dismounting you constantly then when you do kill him, he is back a few seconds later dismounting you and generally being a nuisance.

Any half decent Archer will have no problem keeping a stock of arrows ready in case they get looted without an insurable quiver, I always used to give Zole a stack of fifty arrows so when I inevitably died I could always go to him for them.

When discussing things such as this its best to try and switch your minds to UO Zole mode and think of all the ways it can be abused, for every new idea that gets introduced there will be someone working out ways for how he can twist it to his advantage in whatever way he can.

I am now picturing fights being reduced to loads of naked newly ressed mages sniping each other with mage weapon bows (if they even exist I cant remember).
[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/6rpqma.jpg[/IMG]