Noxin's 'shame'/doom mobs.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Noxin's 'shame'/doom mobs.

Post by Calix »

Do we want these in game? Impalers, Bone Demon's and Flesh Renderer's are what I'm talking about

Currently they're the toughest spawns we have, and you find them in Shame, Covey, Hyth & Deceit. They drop things ranging from reward clothing to to dye tubs, as well as CBD's and special hair dye - In addition to their normal loot. We could easily replace them with more traditional monsters such as Ancient Lich, WW's and Dragons - or rather, much tougher versions of these.

Also, other coloured dragons, yes or no to adding?

Green: Image

Night
fIlThY cUnT

Re: Noxin's 'shame'/doom mobs.

Post by Night »

yes to spawnfrom me .. dungeons should be dangerous !

no to coloured dragons unless one is black and hideously evil .. mad necro dragon of deth

Superfast Oz
Cardinal Chunder

Post by Superfast Oz »

Yeah this is a good means to dish out some high end items like runics etc.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

With the Dragon was just thinking of a cpl colours - 1 spawn point each, tameable with 115+ taming, with a really slow respawn timer(days) a rare for tamers, as it were.

Also, the 4 mare types, keep them random or specific spawns for each 'look' (short haired, pure black, etc) ?

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

Nothing against those dragons to be honest, providing they have the same stats as any other dragon and the colours are purely aesthetic, it would be cool and as you say a prestige thing for tamers. Most of them will probably be killed by farmers/griefers bear in mind so regardless of how often they spawn, a tamer will only have a small chance of being there at the right time.

As for the nightmares, keep them spawning randomly, TB/Longmane were always the most sought after (even though regular longmane were the beste) so if you could make them slightly less common even better

doom mobs are a good idea, spread them all out, make them dungeon mini champions to an extent, only spawn once say, 30 other mobs have been killed in the dungeon.
Down with Scotland

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

keep them seperate, use the current paragon system for kill 30 of something and a paragon blood ele spawns etc

Night
fIlThY cUnT

Post by Night »

if you're doing coloured dragons just for taming what works (for tamers) is a bunch of random generally available colours (say one in 10 is a different colour) then have one or 2 really rare colours that are like 1:100 or more chance.

personally i think a slight increase in stats or resists would be nice for the rare coloured ones .. i always wanted to tame a shadow wyrm tbh

Toki
Drive-by Reskiller

Post by Toki »

Stuff like those different coloured dragons are fine as special monsters, but as tameable pets I am not so sure. I know Aos was a period of everything being horribly coloured but for me having tamers with weird coloured dragons would ruin the feel for me. No matter how rare they were with a decent playerbase every tamer would have a special green dragon within a very short period. Never under estimate the modern gamers will to grind out boring shit.
[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/6rpqma.jpg[/IMG]

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

I do kind of agree with Toki, it would look a bit 'odd'. Definitely no extra stats, possibly not tameable, definitely not bond-able. Maybe just drop extra loot and have a super rare chance of spawning, with special titles. Tbh we should do this with other monsters everywhere from skeleton up. Think I've mentioned it before actually, make mini-champion monsters have a low chance to spawn when an area is being farmed. Like if you're farming Skel Knights in Yew Crypts, when approx 50-75 have been killed, Skeletor the Almighty can spawn, with 5x HP, 2x damage/resists, and 2x the items and 5x the gold. might mix it up and add a bit of the 'what if' / 'just a few more' element to pvm.
Down with Scotland