Faction Horses

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Superfast Oz
Cardinal Chunder

Faction Horses

Post by Superfast Oz »

http://uded.net/oz/faction%20horses.zip

I've made a change so basically anyone can ride faction horses. Important note is I haven't removed the normal functionality of a faction horse breeder. I don't really know much about factions tbh as I never played it, but I'm sure we can just stop the horse breeder from spawning?

Anyway the change to FactionWarHorse.cs simply comments out the override onclick sub for the mount. It therefore acts like any other mount.

The change to SBAnimalTrainer.cs is the addition of the following:

Code: Select all

// Oz - adds faction horses to animal trainer @ 5million.
				// Note Arguments for adding: AnimalBuyInfo( controlSlots, type, price, amount, itemID, hue )
				Add( new AnimalBuyInfo( 1, "Minax",typeof( FactionWarHorse ),5000000, 10, 204, 0x4c2 ) );
				Add( new AnimalBuyInfo( 1, "Council of Mages",typeof( FactionWarHorse ),5000000, 10, 204, 0x847 ) );
				Add( new AnimalBuyInfo( 1, "True Britannians",typeof( FactionWarHorse ),5000000, 10, 204, 0x4db ) );
				Add( new AnimalBuyInfo( 1, "Shadowlords",typeof( FactionWarHorse ),5000000, 10, 204, 0x453 ) );
Note 5,000,000 is the price atm. The last number is the hue of the horse on the gump only, not the actual horse. I think they're all quite close except SL, so you may want to adjust it.

Lastly there is some additional code in the purchase areas of basevendor.cs where we check which faction horse we bought and set some values for that.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Re: Faction Horses

Post by Calix »

ubeste, on this in morning.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Re: Faction Horses

Post by Calix »

This is quality.

On the subject, point of this system is adding a 'prestige' mount as an extreme gold sink. They've been toned down a lot, and have a set HP of 100(instead of 400 or something) - compared with a normal horse which can range from 25-90HP(as improved by us at the top end). So they're really not much more than just an aesthetic thing, but I'm sure groups of people/guilds would like them for uniform reasons.

We want to encourage the use of 'real' mounts, but without giving a great advantage over someone on an emount - just something that will give you a better chance when dismounted - the possibility of managing to remount. In theory a warhorse will be barely better than a normal horse that spawns with HP in the upper end of it's possible range.

Non-tamer mounts:

Faction warhorses HP = 100
Normal Horse HP = 25-90
Llama HP = 20-85
Desert Ostard HP = 35-95
Forest Ostard HP = 25-95
Necromancer Skeletal Steed HP = 60-80

Tamer mounts:
Nightmare HP = 298-315
Frenzied Ostard HP = 70-110

Obviously resists and the like come into play as well, so we'll need to test the balance of this. Any thoughts?