Automated events

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Automated events

Post by Calix »

I'm assuming everyone is of the same opinion as me? I know a lot of players like them, especially those used to freeshards, but I'm really against.

An automated PvP tournament discourages player run tournaments. Because of this you don't get people organising player tourns, which means you don't get PK guilds raiding them, you don't get any random occurrences that come with free form player interaction. The same goes for any other kind of automated event.

Unless someone has a compelling argument for them, we're not having them in any shape or form.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Re: Automated events

Post by Fatalist »

Definitely no random PvP events. We need to encourage player run events, offer some help, spice them up, but certainly no automation. CTF etc was all utter shite. I'd much rather do random GM-created overland boss spawns or events, to encourage natural activity in the area.

PvM events, I'm in 2 minds, UOSA had one where you were you were put in a small 'cell' around 7x7 in size, and increasingly powerful monsters spawned. You were in competition against the guys in the other 3/4 cells near you to see who would be the last man standing. It was actually really good fun, people went along to watch them etc.

I'd rather say no to anything just to keep it standardised however.
Down with Scotland

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Re: Automated events

Post by zole »

I think it should be possible to make awesome player events, specifically because it is a free shard.

Fuck automated events.
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]