Client download

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Client download

Post by Fatalist »

Can we create a custom client to offer exactly the right level of patching out of the box for maximum compatibility. Any barrier to entry needs to be minimised, and hassling abuot getting the level of patching just right is a pointless nuisance, and anyone who gets it wrong will soon complain about bugs etc.

Rediscover. Re-live. Redux.
Down with Scotland

Superfast Oz
Cardinal Chunder

Re: Client download

Post by Superfast Oz »

Secondage client works fine.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

Didn't we have an issue a while ago (when we first started) where we had to download it and patch to a specific update as it was missing some graphics and some of the maps were slightly off causing sync issues?

I know we've changed the models of some of the items but I thought the SA one would still be lacking some AoS specific things?

Good news if it's fully compatible though.
Down with Scotland

Superfast Oz
Cardinal Chunder

Post by Superfast Oz »

Pretty sure it just works now. I remember one land issue wasnt a real issue just a bugged install. Mercs been on too, so it must work without difficulty

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Best catch phrase. That client issue was something i fucked up - UOSA works fine, although isn't ideal - AOS weps show up as their pre-AOS graphic(Bone Harv as Cutlass, etc). Also the UOSA one has a UOSA badge on the login screen. No big deal but it's not very professional. We'll have to look into an alternative at some point.

Superfast Oz
Cardinal Chunder

Post by Superfast Oz »

I could investigate this but honestly I'd probably just end up emailing Derrick and asking him. I don't really know what is involved.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Was debating doing the same for myUO.