Generating interest

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Generating interest

Post by Fatalist »

What community sites/fan sites do we need to start generating interest from? I'll start creating conversations in a non-spam/advertising way.

Clx assuming you are already a member of many and have visited a few, Where do you think we need to target? Obviously avoiding 'competitor' shards forums.

I'll start working on reddit, there is still a lot of love in many of the subreddits for old UO, though most people are really the 97-99 guys.
Down with Scotland

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Re: Generating interest

Post by Calix »

It's difficult because the main UO forums (stratics and uoforums.com) don't allow free-shard talk, and the RunUO free shard community is overrun with hundreds of shitty servers trying to advertise themselves and their 5-player server. The only real way is to get information to people that liked P25 on OSI, + Legacy and Defiance AOS players.

Problem being we've no real way to get in touch with any of them. I have loads of bookmarks for PvP guilds from 2003-2005, and all but one of them are either domain expired or a forum with no posts since 2006..

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Re: Generating interest

Post by zole »

I know a lot of the factioners are playing on a Freeshard ATM. They might be interested, dunno though.
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]