Issues I have with current setup

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Superfast Oz
Cardinal Chunder

Issues I have with current setup

Post by Superfast Oz »

I'll try my best to code anything you ask. In most cases I'm pretty impartial, but I don't think I should ignore cases where I think the plan is wrong. Having reviewed the website posts clx made, there's a few things I disagree/need clarifiication on:
Paralyse Field EFFECT time reduced by 2/3rds
Poison Field EFFECT time reduced by 1/4
Is this correct? Effect time indicates the duration of the effect. If this means the time the field lasts, it needs to be reworded.
Improved factions system planned as first ‘expansion’
This should be removed as I don't think it's even close to being at a planning stage.
‘Doom Stealables’ now spawn in Felucca.
Untrue? I'll try to add this via code soon but I don't think we have anything yet?
Entirely new crafting system.
I'm not sure this is true?
Town forges, tinkers and bow-crafting shops are now purchasable by Grandmaster craftsmen who may place vendors and operate from within.
The townhouses system is amazing and I love it, but the we should never ever implement BUY options. The most we should ever use is rental.
No private housing allowed.
I'm probably being thick but I don't know what this means.... only played AOS but it sounds weird to me? As long as its documented well it doesn't matter.
Startup:
Starting characters have 75 in 4 chosen skills and 70 each stat.
This is SOOOOOOOOOO high? Basically you can bin a char and have an almost finished char instantly? Should 3*50 imo. Why do 4? It just makes early stages meaningless. I'm also unsure how this is coded? The client only supports 3 skill selections, so does this even work as stated?

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Re: Issues I have with current setup

Post by Calix »

Superfast Oz wrote: This is SOOOOOOOOOO high?

lolllll.

But you're right about everything else. That was written ages ago and copy/pasted from forum. Will update tonight if work calms down.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Oh and private housing is ridiculous - why on earth would we have it in? Public houses can still set their doors to owner only, etc. Private housing means people can't even enter your house. Crazy.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Updated the list to reflect recent changes/amendments.

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

Oz: old style (uo:r) housing system was as follows:

If your house is private, anyone who is not on your friends list is highlighted as grey when they go into your house. You can lock doors and stuff, but essentially anyone can go in

Public = you can place vendors, players don't highlight grey when in your property. I believe you could still lock doors.

AOS style private housing meant total safety from intruders, and really encouraged house hiding (like at yew). Old style is more like the second age, but with secures and lock down limits.
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]

Superfast Oz
Cardinal Chunder

Post by Superfast Oz »

Cheers zole, that way sounds pretty cool actually.

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

NP. Also, you could (and still can, I believe) remove people from your house by using the term "remove thyself" and ban them with "I ban thee".
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]

Night
fIlThY cUnT

Post by Night »

yeah uo:r housing rules were best.

remove thyself and i ban thee do still work :)