Tokimon's stealable artifact idea

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Tokimon's stealable artifact idea

Post by Calix »

Basically, a randomly spawning 'objective' that would appear somewhere in the world(maybe a set amount of locations). This objective could be some kind of altar or pedestal with a stealable artifact on it, or perhaps a high-end spawn that on death would create some kind of item that would contain a stealable artifact. Any ideas to expand on this?

Obviously the other option is we just put the stealable artifacts into Khaldun and work them the same way as in Doom..

Superfast Oz
Cardinal Chunder

Re: Tokimon's stealable artifact idea

Post by Superfast Oz »

I could have a bash at the monster which then spawns the stealable pedestal of you like?

I also think we should keep it as a manual event. So we pick a cool spot, spawn it and let people know somehow.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

a manual event would be cool, and would create some serious harrower-esque conflict.

weekly with no set times (one of us just do it when active players logged in > a certain number for example)

On another note, is there any way to make monsters 'talk' manually, like how orcs and some others do, if we add custom monsters who can trash talk players, 'call' for allies to help them (times with additional spawn) etc. might add something to custom events and could tie in nicely with this

Acme Demon 1 - at 75% health "Worthless fools, you will never get your hands on our artifacts!"
Acme Demon 1 - at 50% health "MINIONS! Help me push back these wretched humans" (fuckloads of spawn appears every x seconds"

There should of course be no guarantee on what artifact spawns, ideally there would be a big scrap over it and the sneakiest thief wins!
Down with Scotland

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Superfast Oz wrote:I could have a bash at the monster which then spawns the stealable pedestal of you like?
Have a go mate, it'd be quality. Some kind of SUPER WYRM or the like.

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

Love that idea fatal. But instead have:

The evil necromancy Alky

At 75%: LOL. I'm gonna start trying now!

50%: -HELP FFS. *spawns bone armour wearing pks*

25%: spawns the dastardly necromancer Meridia, starts corpse skinning players.

Drops agapite robe.
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]

Superfast Oz
Cardinal Chunder

Post by Superfast Oz »

Here's what I've done so far. I'm away for the week after tomorrow so maybe take a look and let me know if you have any cool ideas to add to this.

http://uded.net/oz/TOKIMOB.cs

Just use [add tokimob to spawn it.

It spawns the main wyrm. Once you kill it, it regens much like the harrower, but also spawns a load of White Wyrms.

I also added something to poison people nearby with greater poison every now and then, and it says something when it does it.
Modified the harrower teleport for this so that the mob speaks and refers to whoever gets teleported.

When the second version of the main wyrm dies, any remaining white wyrms will die. Then a puzzle chest will spawn. At the moment it's just spawning with an inquis, but when I'm back I'll change this to be a random stealable.

Superfast Oz
Cardinal Chunder

Post by Superfast Oz »

Ok looking at bringing in the other stealables to this.

http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-arm ... tegory=847

Basically if you can tell me roughly what ones to include and the % that they're chosen, eg Inquisitors Resolution 5%, then I'll add it.

Then we can get a group of us together to try actually kill the mob and see how it is.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

kk will have a think tonight. I reckon if we put roughly half on this, then half as stealables in khaldun. Something like that anyway.