Introductions

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Introductions

Post by Calix »

I've had a few people PM'ing me for access to the shard lately, hopefully the very work-in-progress look of things isn't putting people off too much.

So Nebbers, Ceolwulf and the others, how about introducing yourselves and getting involved here, introduce yourselves and a bit about your UO history? Maybe some people that have been involved in the project for a while could do the same?

Me:

UO history: Played OSI on and off from 1998-2008. Various shards. Tried a few free shards too but never to much success/enjoyment, for various reasons. Only started looking into RunUO and shard development last year when we began this project, but was involved with Publish 25 and Publish 46 (PvP publishes) in OSI invite-only focus groups. Also provided a lot of the 'theory' behind the Legacy 25 free shard.

'Real' history: Started UO at 17, now 31 (scarily). Live in Manchester, England.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Re: Introductions

Post by Calix »

Medwin Lucrii wrote:I responded to a reddit post about this shard, and realized my prejudice toward a P25 shard was ill-founded. Now my interest in this project is sparked. So I'm here poking around your forums. My lack of exposure and understanding of the game post UO:LBR is worth noting. I have limited knowledge of how things work in the Age of Shadows. Keep that in mind when reading my comments or questions, and please fill me in as needed. Thanks Clx for the dialog last night.

Most recently I've played some PRS, gamers/UO:SA/Angel Island. I was also an admin/GM on AI for a few years, most of my post OSI time was spent there. Currently, having not found a MMORPG to my liking, I've been putting a lot of hours into CS:S, TF2, and the CS:GO beta.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

Hi,

Me: Known everywhere except these forums (and RL..) as Ashikata.
Started UO around P16 time, played right through until UO:ML/SE (can't remember which was the latest one) the majority of the time with [I-C] who are responsible for the production of this server, and some of whom have been rl mates for 10+ years now. Pretty much only played Mage oriented PvPers, predominantly PK on OSI, but played lots of free shards, including UOSA, IPY, AI and some others, where I played other classes including thieves.

My involvement with this server has mostly been around balance, mechanics and theory crafting. I'm currently looking at ways to attract more players (help!) and will be supporting the community when the server goes live later this year.

RL: I recently had my 5th annual 25th birthday, live in London, and will probably never get over UO.
Down with Scotland

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

Hi, Im known to most people as Mercury, or Merc. Some people call me trialboy as im on perma life trial with I-C.

I started UO at age 16, now age 27, i still want to play UO...says something. I played freeshards for abit before joining OSI around start of AOS. Have known these guys pretty much since then and have been and done some epic things with them irl. One thing to know about any UO shard run by CLX, he loves UO, and you couldnt have a group of guys who love the concept of UO more.

RL - Process Engineer, live in west midlands UK, love golf.

Night
fIlThY cUnT

Post by Night »

Hi everyone,

My name is Night and I'm a UO addict !

If somehow this isn't UO anonymous I'll fill in my details later...

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

Forum name is zole.

Shards: Europa, Drach

Chars: Merlark, Alakaster, Vivid, Instant Death, Donnelley

Played UO throughout UO:R, through to ML, quitting several times, for varying lengths.

Post pub 16 I've played reds almost exclusively, apart from faction chars and champ hunting. I have a justified huge ego, and rank myself in the top 10 pvp'rs/pk's of all time. And that's me being modest.

RL fukman, live in Japan.
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]

Superfast Oz
Cardinal Chunder

Post by Superfast Oz »

I'm Oz. Started uo in AOS as a miner as a friend told me it was fun. Kept getting killed by evil pks so decided I'd rather be doing the killing myself. Played largely solo, but was in a couple of guildz across europa and drachs.

For the server I do a lot of the coding. I also plan to play, albeit more casually than normal.

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

Hello.
Signatures broken since 2009...