WoW

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

WoW

Post by Nixon »

Anyone planning on playing it?

I'm planning on ditching UO for it if I'm happy with it after the month, the online games I've played as a 'replacement' for UO previously have all turned out to be shit after a month, so this will be interesting, the more I read about it, the more it appeals to me.

I'm not a fan of level games, nor pvm'ing, but this seems somewhat different than the usual, so I look forward to playing.
No to U

Laz

Post by Laz »

Don't forget to get one of these

http://www.zboard.com/us/BattleNet/

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Yeah I saw that on overclockers, while its a tad geeky, its something I'd consider buying if I was still playing the game 6 months down the line, but only for WoW. :/
No to U

Lambana

Post by Lambana »

That is a shame Nixon was looking forward to some fights. WoW sounds like trammel with good gfx, yay...

Phule

Post by Phule »

Lambana wrote:That is a shame Nixon was looking forward to some fights. WoW sounds like trammel with good gfx, yay...
I've lost some guildmates to this game already. my room mate plays it all the time. While there is some PvP allowed on some servers, it's lame PvP. There is no corpse looting allowed...at least...not right now. Basically you kill someone to see if you can do it. If you win, yay. Maybe you get some cool EXP bonus. If you lose, go get rezzed and get your stuff. It's all still there. :(

Noxin
BENEFIT CHEAT

Post by Noxin »

Sounds a lot like UO to me :)
Unless of course you PvP for insurance..
YOUR GAMES ARE THE GAYIST THING EVER ACRCADEN CRUSADE WAS EPIC FAIL AND SO WAS ANY THING U MADE WITH A P THE REST WAS JUST FLAT OUT GAY U DONT DESERVE LIFE NO U DONT DESERVE ANYTHING U ARE JUST A GAY MORON WHO NEEDS TO GET A LIFE

Angus

Post by Angus »

Its a good game i think.

I know Zole was really into it aswell, so im confident ima play it.
Struggling between :

1) Alot of my EX UO mates going to be playing the pvm server
2) Nooone i know on the PvP servers.

So..looks like ill play both.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/lazzaro306/WoodySig1.jpg[/img]
[url=http://gamingheroes.proboards42.com/index.cgi/]4tw Clan Forums[/url]

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Lambana wrote:That is a shame Nixon was looking forward to some fights. WoW sounds like trammel with good gfx, yay...
I thought the same till I read a bit more about it, and from what I've read and been told my intial thoughts were wrong :)

Also the Dev team so far is listening to the players concerns, more than I can say about OSI :)

Atm there is no reason for me to PvP in UO, well no more reason than WoW and I'm extremely bored with UO PvP, so I'd be as well trying something new.
No to U

Angus

Post by Angus »

Yey for you.

Is it out on the 4th of Feb, or the 25th of Feb?
Websites differ with the info.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/lazzaro306/WoodySig1.jpg[/img]
[url=http://gamingheroes.proboards42.com/index.cgi/]4tw Clan Forums[/url]

Future
Fat IRL

Post by Future »

Levelling games are shit i cant stand them so il probably not play!

DAOC scarred me forever!
[img]http://kuntz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/UO/ICvillage.JPG[/img]

Phule

Post by Phule »

Noxin wrote:Sounds a lot like UO to me :)
Unless of course you PvP for insurance..
yeah, but at least in UO you get money for killing people, even if they have nothing left behind to loot. In WoW you get...urhm...yeah. Nothing, really.

I guess you can get the satisfaction of cocking up someone's day, but that's about it.

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

UO Gold to me means nothing, irrelevant, nada, its the thrill of PvP that keeps me logging in, not the 3.3k thats added to my bank balance.

Atm UO pvp the reward = winning the spawn

Noone cares too much about the scrolls(well I-C dont), its the fact we achieved victory through any legal means.

Guess what, WoW will have the same :) You have to do quests in enemy terrority, same kinda idea, so the reward is the same. Experience points would be nice, but irrelevant. Looting would be great, wtf is up with trammel rulesets in every game (UO is 95% trammelised), maybe WoW will get altered yet with any luck, but I imagine the rewards and reasons for fighting in WoW will only improve.
No to U

Noxin
BENEFIT CHEAT

Post by Noxin »

Well that's a very uninformed way of looking at it.
Sure there are small problems with the PvP system that need to be improved, but by and large, you PvP for dominance of regions and control of region specific resources and quests.
This is before you factor in the upcoming battlegrounds system that is an entirely PvP driven area designed specifically for large scale long running fights.
PvP is an integral part of the game, even on non-pvp servers you will engage in some PvP, just not as much.
YOUR GAMES ARE THE GAYIST THING EVER ACRCADEN CRUSADE WAS EPIC FAIL AND SO WAS ANY THING U MADE WITH A P THE REST WAS JUST FLAT OUT GAY U DONT DESERVE LIFE NO U DONT DESERVE ANYTHING U ARE JUST A GAY MORON WHO NEEDS TO GET A LIFE

Voilehg
GM Hypocrite

Post by Voilehg »

Nixon wrote:UO Gold to me means nothing, irrelevant, nada, its the thrill of PvP that keeps me logging in, not the 3.3k thats added to my bank balance.

Atm UO pvp the reward = winning the spawn

Noone cares too much about the scrolls(well I-C dont), its the fact we achieved victory through any legal means.

Guess what, WoW will have the same :) You have to do quests in enemy terrority, same kinda idea, so the reward is the same. Experience points would be nice, but irrelevant. Looting would be great, wtf is up with trammel rulesets in every game (UO is 95% trammelised), maybe WoW will get altered yet with any luck, but I imagine the rewards and reasons for fighting in WoW will only improve.
Yeah, no risk no fun and nowadays the only risk is losing the spawn youre fighting at...I dont care much about the scrolls either just the bit if I need some gold for my/friends pvp suit

Phule

Post by Phule »

Yeah. I see your point, I guess. I used to PvP pre and post UO:R, but really started losing interest when UO:R came out because, at the time, pretty much everyone left fel. I killed people back then to get stuff they had, and when people stopped coming around, and I couldn't get stuff, i started to play a tamer in trammel, camping spawns, wearing out my finger hitting my"all kill' macro.

Then AoS came and people had stuff insured....so...that was really the end of it for me.

I used to play games where killing people in different areas meant you could either take all their stuff, some of ther stuff, or just get kill points that could be spent on other things, such as skills or equipment.

Killing people in WoW where you get nothing just seems pointless to me. Killing someone in UO and taking a spawn..well, you get the scrolls..even if you don't need them, and possibly the gold on the ground.

Killing someone 1v1 you get a moderate 3k avg gold per kill, and whatever they didn't have insured (usually just pots, regs, arrows, bandages, etc).

walking up to someone in WoW, and killing them just because...other than the 'warm fuzzy feeling,' seems kinda pointless to me. But then again, I haven't played a red char as much as most of you guys, and I'm still learning to enjoy that part of the game as an actual part of the game. :)

So..yeah... cool. :) Have fun. Can I have some of your stuff before you leave, thougH? :)