WoW

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

amber

Post by amber »

i still have a load of time for wow

yeah instances are repetitive but new content keeps that fresh (i.e AQ, burning crusade etc..)

then you have fixed place pvp for lazy ppl and honour famring and on vashj we have a healthy world pvp scene

I have been rank10 four times now, never been arsed to make HighWarlord although I seem to have increasingly more spare time with work so I might do it.

I find it a fun game to play, I have to say its not as good as UO but lets be fair UO back in the day was pretty fucking awesome, for now WoW is the best there is so I shall thank it for saving my sanity when I have fuck all else to do.

for happy feelings its awesome too, I lead a guild which was the first to down nefarion on our server, was one of the best times ever we wiped for weeks and finally got it! Yeah that might sound homogay but who cares :D

my wow arttifacts http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?529845
[img]http://premium1.uploadit.org/willgill/uopics/durisig.jpg[/img]

Noxin
BENEFIT CHEAT

Post by Noxin »

die.

Superfast Oz
Cardinal Chunder

Post by Superfast Oz »

gw > wow

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Once I got to level 40, I couldn't really give a shit about doing the whole grinding thing, there was enough pvp for me to be content with.
No to U

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

ps dragon empires is best game
No to U

Noxin
BENEFIT CHEAT

Post by Noxin »

Dargon emporers supports Korea.

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

you know i realised the whole grinding = boring at level 18, what took you all so long :/

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

The game is fine if you just enjoy each moment as it comes, and don't spend too much time thinking abiout what you have to do next, or the next item you have to get, that way it just feels like an eternal struggle.

I gave up on it cause I didnt enjoy most of the content. If battlegrounds & rankings weren't in, i'd still be playing it, overland pvp was a lot of fun most of the time. Now there's no (or very little) pvp fpr the sake of it, I bet most people do it for honour, ranking or items. The scale in which the game rewards players who put in more time than a casual gamer is far too steep, and it's very difficult for casual players to compete, due to the way the most valuable items are obtained.

I'd like to ask this question to whoever plays the game regularly still.

Picture this, you have pretty much your ultimate setup, 60 (or is it 70 now) character, all professions worked, full sets of epic armor for different occasions and so forth. What do you do in the game to pass time? From what I remember PvM instances and Battlegrounds were pretty much everythingm and in all honesty, both were purely to get items more than the enjoyment of content. Short of making a new character, what is a typical gaming session for you?
Down with Scotland

Joe

Post by Joe »

wanking to night elfs ofc

senji

Post by senji »

Fatalist wrote:The game is fine if you just enjoy each moment as it comes, and don't spend too much time thinking abiout what you have to do next, or the next item you have to get, that way it just feels like an eternal struggle.

I gave up on it cause I didnt enjoy most of the content. If battlegrounds & rankings weren't in, i'd still be playing it, overland pvp was a lot of fun most of the time. Now there's no (or very little) pvp fpr the sake of it, I bet most people do it for honour, ranking or items. The scale in which the game rewards players who put in more time than a casual gamer is far too steep, and it's very difficult for casual players to compete, due to the way the most valuable items are obtained.

I'd like to ask this question to whoever plays the game regularly still.

Picture this, you have pretty much your ultimate setup, 60 (or is it 70 now) character, all professions worked, full sets of epic armor for different occasions and so forth. What do you do in the game to pass time? From what I remember PvM instances and Battlegrounds were pretty much everythingm and in all honesty, both were purely to get items more than the enjoyment of content. Short of making a new character, what is a typical gaming session for you?
Well I don't know how it'd be if I had all epics ect.

But currently I have 2 of my 3 professions maxed, char at 60, semi decent equipment (blues, some greens and two EPICZ), I generally dont bother waiting for the battleground queues anymore so usually my character is logged out at an area I know people are pvming or pass through so I can just have fun for a bit killing them and then logging out, not having to spend time traveling to an area to pvp or wait in queue for instanced pvp.

As for what I do for pvp, these days I generally grief the alliance shiplines (Menelith <--> Theramore) since I know there will be chars from all levels passing through there and usually a lot of AFKers ect. I'm not looking for 'fair and skillful' fights, so killing afk and not afk people from levels 10 to 60 in 'unfair' circumstances gives me a similar fun feeling I had when I was PKing people in UO.

Other stompinground I have is silithus, now with the changes and new content added a few patches back (I think), theres usually quite a few of 55-60 level players there pvming reputation to some faction or other, meaning I can kill them whilst they are occupied fighting monsters (= fun) :>

I havent done a pvm instance for over a month now I think and last battleground I was in was 2-3 weeks ago.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

You have the perfect attitude to play wow senji, you benn and toki all had it to an etent. If only more people played WoW like you lot it would be a lot more fun.

Now I need someone who doesn't play like this to tell me how it goes =)
Down with Scotland

Draklon

Post by Draklon »

Fatalist wrote:You have the perfect attitude to play wow senji, you benn and toki all had it to an etent. If only more people played WoW like you lot it would be a lot more fun.

Now I need someone who doesn't play like this to tell me how it goes =)
It passes the time until Age of Conan and/or Warhammer online :P

PS: HI!

Buster
DAS DRAGONLODE

Post by Buster »

Fatalist wrote:Now I need someone who doesn't play like this to tell me how it goes =)
Senji pretty much wrapped up the PvP side of things so i`ll just talk about the PvE element of the game.

I recently started playing WoW again after about a 6 month break, and have joined a fairly large and well respected Al'Akir guild that is mainly focussed on end game raiding.

IF, and it`s a big if, i had all the end game items and had "completed" all the end game events then yes i`d see little point in continuing playing.

However that is far from the case.

Since starting playing again i`ve killed Onyxia and taken part in a complete Molten Core run. I`ve also been on full instance clearings of Zul Gurrub and AQ20, the 2 new 20 man instance`s that came in since i left last time. However, one run doesn`t mean those places are completed, tactics can be refined and runs made quicker, both achievements i want to accomplish. And then there are the 2 new 40 man instance`s "BlackWing Lair" and AQ40, neither of which i`ve even set foot in as yet. Then don`t forget the numerous outdoor single spawn boss`s that the whole server has to fight over in order to kill them ( can be good PvP at these as well. )

Now, if all these place`s become easy to a certain group, and as far as i know no Al'Akir guild has yet to make that claim as far as AQ40 goes, then yes things can become stale as it just becomes a item-fest again.

But i think for me, and the guild i`m in, that is a fair way off yet.

All i hope for is that WoW continues to hold some interest for me until the next big thing comes along that we may or may not play as a guild.
[img]http://www.light875.plus.com/buster.jpg[/img]

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Only way us(and most UO people to be fair) will play another mmorpg is when the people that make these games realise how many casual gamers/lazy people they are driving away with their catering to people that have all day to play games.

UO went the same way after AoS ofc, we only finally caught up item wise during the time a load of us weren't working and could stay up all night doing harrowers etc. For competitive people with limited playtime I don't see how WoW etc are even options becouse to be competitive in the game it has to be your life.

Personally even if I did have all day again, none of the current games really sound like an enjoyable time investment. 'Spose that's where UO champ spawn system was genius, it made PvM bearable if not enjoyable to pretty much everyone.

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

There is something about the name of the game "Age of Conan" that makes me LOL.
Dunno why; it just sounds homo.

Yes, the last 3 or 4 posts here echo my viewpoints about WoW too, except I'll go that one step further and say that it can seriously cause a lot of strain on in-game friendships and stuff due to the nature of the game.
I fucking hate WoW everytime I think back on it.
Signatures broken since 2009...