DF Shard?

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

WildCat
Meanie!

Post by WildCat »

Yay we gank

[16:07] <rambo> vivid you should get yourself a brain.. if you think you can make a field fight without pots! but if you know how to make it.. please teach me how to make it without pots
[16:07] <zole> be better.

Laz

Post by Laz »

You misunderstand me Theristis, I'm not crying about being ganked, just saying that we outnumber the shard is bullshit... I-C/EVE run in groups of absolutely max 8-10 and rarely that many (the exception being Harrowers and other organized activities obviously) So you are claiming that at any one point there are less than a dozen people playing in Felucca (besides us)?

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

From what I know of you guys, your not the type to panic anyway, and for that reason I respect you, when I can I have tried to help out your reds on the field.

Actually, anyone whos got the balls to stand up and fight us, outnumbered or not gets my respect provided theres no shit talk, and I'll happily hold their hand away from the field (cause helping opposing players on the field wouldnt go down well^^)
No to U

DanJ

Post by DanJ »

Of course we never get ganked:

Not ever:

Nor would we get dismount ganked:

But we do get spawn ganked! :( :
[img]http://www.danj.co.uk/albums/UO/danjsig.jpg[/img]

blue

Post by blue »

well the 2 i-c's i am most inclined to give a rez to are wildcat and villa just cause these 2 have just shone through as great guys. don't know zim zum but have a great respect for him as hecould give zachary a run for his money on the healing stakes....tho i hve only one question what is it with every1 now and GH wands? (not aimed at i-c just a general question)
'don't mention agincourt to the french...they don't like the fact they got a good spanking': Mr Birthwhistle (a legend of our times)

DanJ

Post by DanJ »

Wilds a great girl not a great guy. *nods*

Wouldn't res me? Pfft I wouldn't take your stupid rez. *goes off to sulk*
[img]http://www.danj.co.uk/albums/UO/danjsig.jpg[/img]

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

blue wrote:well the 2 i-c's i am most inclined to give a rez to are wildcat and villa just cause these 2 have just shone through as great guys. don't know zim zum but have a great respect for him as hecould give zachary a run for his money on the healing stakes....tho i hve only one question what is it with every1 now and GH wands? (not aimed at i-c just a general question)
I've been abusing wands ever since I discovered UOA had a "use item in hand" macro, i.e. for many years. However in aos I stopped using them for a while, then when people started using fc3/4 etc I was suddenly at a big disadvantage.

Now noone on Drachs really knows me, but everyone on Europa knows how anti-aos I was, and how much I refused to ever EVER go to a trammel rules facet to do anything, let alone "equip" myself for pvp, I found that to be a fucking joke.

So I spent all my time on fc2 and fairly basic equipment, most of which was just stuff I looted off other people, the shield im using now is the same shield I looted off someone two years ago that had sc and 11% dci...

Anyway people also know just how pissed off I get when people offscreen 1v1, finally I've come to accept that it's what the game is like now. However when I started fighting these fc3/4 or even fc5 super aos pvpers I found myself in an awkward position, it was impossible to beat most of them in a straight casting match, and I didnt want to offscreen from anyone ever. So I found myself suddenly dieing a bit more. Then I turned to heal wands. So I would arm my heal wand, let them spunk all their mana doing endless "highly skilful" explo fs spams, or 125 lightnings. Then fight back. Most of the time they had little mana to heal, and would offscreen, this to me was a kind of victory. But I would still get the kill on them in various ways, most of the time I killed by predicting what they would cast when, thus getting the disrupts not by timing (impossible against fc4+)but foresight. Then they made wrestle specials possible with just the wrestle skill, and suddenly my job was much easier.

Factions was a different matter, the char I played in factions was well scrolled up, and was also a fencer. So using weapons I was still able to decimate absolutely everyone regardless of equipment. It was always fun to watch people wearing 150m worth of equipment run at the mere sight of me. In two particular weeks of playing solo I got upto 70 points and the top of the board for points, I didnt score mule because that's for pussies, so I was happy with that achievement.

But in both because I spent most of my time playing solo, people would chase me in large numbers to get the satisfaction of killing me, and for that heal wands saved me many times. I see nothing wrong in using them to survive against ganks, but people that use them 1v1 can be annoying sometimes, there isn't the excuse of fighting someone with faster

Anyway I stopped playing a little after p25, because I was moving to France, then about a month ago I reactivated and xferred a cpl of chars to join my guild on drachs. I still play EU a bit too, and it's interesting to note the differences.

Here on Drachs it's all about the one kill combo, so aignores with high value weapons are the norm, or perma bleed. This is fine if people want to do it, but I see nothing elegant or skilful about it, but it IS a good way to kill people, and anyone no matter how good can die to it if the other person has a bit of luck. To prove the point I've just made a new char here, a swords/poison mage. Haven't finished training him yet, but with this char i'm going to be extremely lame and hopefully make other people realise that bleed/lp is stupid.

Rant over!
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

You've pretty much summed up my opinions about PvP as it is without flaming anyone :P
No to U

Theristis

Post by Theristis »

Well both the pictures u posted are nice :-) But i can post as much u posted with me having 10 reds over my corpse ^^

And yes sometimes u get ganged from blues and u get REALLY much ammounts of blues.

I just say imho that for example if u play after 1:00 u mostly get 1-5 random blues when u can have a team with 6-8 ppl :-)

In peak times u mostly get a lot amount of blues but it's not big prob either cuz it's random blues in group... !!

And yest nixon most of TC/TG quited... It's me Seth Von Saljeth, Senshi and Earl playing.... And that's not all the time :-)
Mostly 1 of us is online everyday :P

Most of TC's quited after AoS cuz they got bored with new armor system and i don't blame them .... it sux.We used to be around 15 person guild wich was pretty nice.... Atm it's not :)
Nobody is perfect.. and i am NOBODY ! :-P

www.team-cow.de

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

i think it was most likely me who popped out with a ai at brit gate on my stealther
highly lame, as is shadowstriking to reskill

this was posted by me on the main site, a few weeks ago (before se hit)
(id link but our site doesant save them)
everyone is lazy @ updates, so heres a angry post

for a long time (pre aos, but more pre p16) the stealther was by far the most skilled class in the game, most of the time you would die in 2 spells, stealth took a long time and you couldant get far

of course osi decided to make it (in their eyes) 'good'

i prefer to call it fucking noobified

lets have a history lesson, pre p16 there was very few stealthers who were any good (k there was 2, that was me and snake, so i might be biast) and fighting pvp'ers (like tarmon and elr and co) as well as tamers with 12 dragons (hi agnes) when your on foot, no ar, and no resist was kinda tough

and dont forget in statloss to

now if you still managed to kill 90% of your opponents then you know your good, dieing hurt far to much

on to the way osi fucked up:
p16: taking away recall in dungeons

they took away my gazer room
they took away terra keep
they took away ophid ledge
they took away every good spot in the dam game for a stealther (id like to see ANYONE get kills on open land against the odds)

it used to be about picking your spots, and choosing good times to strike, this was importent, becuase dieing was importent. who wants 5k gold from a kill ffs? this part here is a fundemental part of the problem of p16, you take away the risk and you take away the fun

none of that is importent since we moved on

aos: my god, just let us poison first hit please... just no, any fucking tard can poison first hit, any tard can dismount, use a summon ball and mount, and any fucking tard can easily esacpe detection by walking 20 steps (TWENTY) what the fuck is with that, you may as well be using a bracelet of binding if you need that sort of escape distance.
again theres no stat so no risk, which is one of the main fuck ups which is why i keep coming back to it, its easy to play a stealther and die lots (please note im not calling them assasins since a stealth mage was just as much fun, and tougher to play well)

and dont get me started on the poisoning changes

so we got the point where one of the most challenging classes to play is now one of the easiest to get kills on, easiest to survive and easiest to play

by this point im not playing a stealther anymore, so any reference i have is purely speculation, but from watching some tards play em i know its like this

fast forward to se, its not here yet. thank god but i hear theres a change where u dont have to wait to stealth ig already. COOL LETS MOUNT OUR ETHY, OFFSCREEN HIDE AND STEALTH OFF INSTANTLY, CAUSE SURVIVNG IS TOUGH!!1

then theres the ninjas skills,
being able to run around as a fucking RAT...
and shadow jumping, or in english, teleporting while hidden, SKILLS. why not give em a fucking protective shield that makes them turn insta invis and let em stealth of instantly, why not just make a item that makes u invis and able to stealth instantly

oh yeah there called smoke bombs, why not just go all the way and make a flashbang that causes your enemys screen to go blank for an hour? fun fun fun

theres more but i cant remeber them right now.

so there we have it, where the most fun class in game was abused butchered, smoothered and then hung out to dry so anyone can do it and try to look good

fuck you ea

now im off to make bobo the magic stealth clown so i can fit in with the army that ea have created in this expansion...

but hold on its all cool i guess
this expansion is gonna rock
because....

ITS GOT NINJAS

YAAAAAAY

fuck off

from that its fairly clear i dont like stealthers
despite this fact i have played a stealther for 4 years now (infact 3 since i deleted him at start of aos in anger at how much they fucked uo up)

i remade him recently to see if i was right, i was. there unskilled, lame and gimpy

however the amount of people running around who have NO IDEA how to play them amazes me, (yeah there the ones who cry cause they cant get kills on such a weak template)
although stealthing is gimpy now its still a lot of fun. and anyone at brit gate is fair game (i wont greif farm duels though) i am getting a hell of a lot of solo kills (made abou t400k in a week i think)

so you can get upset if you like, its ea who made me play like this. and i cant wait for the next expansion since it might make it slightly harder to survive (when i used to play if i accidently revealed when trying to make a kill i just recalled of unless i thought they were stupid because once id lost the surprise element there was no point in me trying)

on a side note this auto stealth shit is bolloks, if i used to hide they had a good 12 seconds to reveal me before i could go (and none of this cant reveal hide shit) and then i could only go 10 steps, its just plain silly.

luckily for you mofos i dont rely on bolas to get kills (although id be lieing if i said i hadant used them) so ill still be about

and onto the topic of this post !

i tryd to duel at brit gate on a red, i got ganked
i tryd to duel at brit gate on a blue, i got ganked (then called a fucking i-c noob)

i try to 1v1 anyone and i expect a gank
i get attacked 1v1 and (get this) I WILL OFFSCREEN IF I THINK I MIGHT DIE

just as everyone else i fight does, ill try not to. but i will
i also wont hesitate to call for help if i die (i rarely run map when i solo though)

Noxin
BENEFIT CHEAT

Post by Noxin »

You are dishonourable I-C!
YOUR GAMES ARE THE GAYIST THING EVER ACRCADEN CRUSADE WAS EPIC FAIL AND SO WAS ANY THING U MADE WITH A P THE REST WAS JUST FLAT OUT GAY U DONT DESERVE LIFE NO U DONT DESERVE ANYTHING U ARE JUST A GAY MORON WHO NEEDS TO GET A LIFE

WildCat
Meanie!

Post by WildCat »

I still find this screenshot quite hillarious :D
I remember one shouting "JESS"
[16:07] <rambo> vivid you should get yourself a brain.. if you think you can make a field fight without pots! but if you know how to make it.. please teach me how to make it without pots
[16:07] <zole> be better.