Insurance Bugs

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

amber

Insurance Bugs

Post by amber »

Well its happened again, last night we were ganking a few deserving nubs at brit gate and andre's armour fell to the ground, we got the lot, tunic of fire, voice, helm, bane etc.. none of it was insured.

Now before I continue I would like to point out we looted it fair and square and are quite rightfully allowed to keep it, hell I've only got one bit of it (warfork) but I went to sleep feeling incredibly guilty, now I'm sure if the tables were turned I wouldnt stand a cat in hells chance of getting my armour back from 90% of the shard. But does that mean I shouldn't lower myself to their level and be the better man?

What would you honestly do if you killed me (duririn) and my suit fell to the floor, probably literally hundreds of pounds worth of items... ?

I can't speak for the other guys who got the other items but the pangs of guilt I currently have are swaying me to return the items even if the favour wouldn't be returned.

post your thoughts plz

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

I think the only time I wouldn't give or sell back cheaply is if it was someone I disliked.

If an OMG dropped his items = I keep.

If someone i'd never seen before dropped his items = I sell back cheaply.

If a -+- or one of the decent EK or other people I like dropped his items = I give back.

amber

Post by amber »

yeah thats my thinking, I dont know andre from adam but a few of the others knew him so I'm not sure what kind of a person he is.

But yes recently I have been actually talking to a lot of the people I once disliked and found out they are quite nice ppl, the only person I've tried to talk to and still found obnoxious was calas but I have enough mates anyway :p anyway, my point, I would return armour to the following pretty much immediately, EK, RMC, *$*,^o^, AAH, -+- (except belamor, but e would only drop 10000 wands anyway) and after chatting to a few of them yesterday the majority of Jo and their other guild. I'm sure there are more but thats a list that pops straight into my head.

I reckon from those guilds listed maybe 75% would hopefully do the same, but I hope the situation never arises from either side of the camp.

Benn

Post by Benn »

Thing is, most of the people you fight amber are probably nice enough people, even if they shittalk you (not like you don't do it either ^^). You've just not talked to them in a situation where you'd both not fight/insult each other ;)

I'd most likely return items to pretty much the entire shard, other I guess OMG, and a select few of people who are just dicks (HI CID).

Benn

Post by Benn »

Also; who am I to judge whether someone deserves items returned etc?

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

i spoke toa nice OMG yesterday
then i had a go at him for only playing blues
he said they dont like it either

and he sold me a 115 resist \o/

Weevil

Post by Weevil »

I'd always give it back.
I can't think of anyone I would hate enough to deprive them of their stuff.

Then again.
I'd never be able to kill you in the first place. :lol:
Weevil
Licensed to die a horrible death and lose all his items.

bunny

Post by bunny »

after having slept a night over this situation i came to the conclusion, i would return items lost due to the insurance bug since this is game is not about letting a bug own your enemies, its about winning on the fields...

that bug could hit anyone of us and thats why i had been annoyed with ambers behaviour towards obscurity.... ppl sometimes forget that they are dealing with real ppl and not with some NPC...

while i still think that amber is a dickhead, i would still return his items i suppose even though he would have to perform some disgusting actions irl, take pics of those and posting them here lol

Angus

Post by Angus »

I would give most items back, depending on who they were/worth.

If Ambers items dropped i would deffo return them, what would be the fun if she you quit over the issue?

If one of the $$: items dropped, I would keep them.

It all depends what the loot is, and who it is. If someone i dont know, have never seen before comes to fell and dies, dropping an Orna, i would probly lean more to the keeping side /;P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/lazzaro306/WoodySig1.jpg[/img]
[url=http://gamingheroes.proboards42.com/index.cgi/]4tw Clan Forums[/url]

Nossi

Post by Nossi »

amber,
I know words are cheap, but : there wouldn't be a doubt in my mind, that you would receive EVERY item back from my side ! I'm well aware that the majority of people would just keep them, but that would put me on the same level, as the ones, that I feel sorry for.

Think we all should remember, that we are dedicating all of our free time to this game, and that over years. To all of us, collecting pieces of armor to perfect our chars, this would be a devastating (?)blow.
To be quite frank, it would ruin the game for me once and for all.

just as you are, I am the proud owner of a pair of this lovely gloves. buildt my armor around them. Just the thought of this bug hitting, sends shivers down my spine.
Hail my PvM skills ! =)

Yasranea

Post by Yasranea »

Well I would always return the "insured" stuff I loot from a corpse, since I know how much it sucks to loose your armour. I lost orna, armour of fortune, divine and rest of that crap back in March due to an insure bug. (had 400k on bank and checked if all was insured before I went out)

Only person I won't give the stuff back is the guy who looted my crap (former guildmate :( ) but that because of pure disappointment.

But since there is an UO-god, that guy lost his insured stuff (including "my" orna) to a mate 6 months later and I got my orna back that way. :lol:

Lana
Location: lurking in the shadows in a dark corner of a dark alleyway

Post by Lana »

I would return. There should be no place for hate in a game :)
[11:35] <Alderis> Bah died to a paragon Spectre.. I give up!
[00:17] * Fatal|afk eats Slamer[out]
-------------------------------------
WoW: Niamee (shaman)

amber

Post by amber »

good posts, and summing up my feelings well, whilst I might dislike indiviudal templates or techniques I think on the whole the game would be a more boring place if "they" quit as a result of an insurance bug. Lets face it I see the same faces day in day out, if they all quit coz I'd looted their armour then it would stand to reason I would quit too due to a complete lack of people to interact with.

As Andre is a total unknown to me I'm going to have a chat with the others involved and see how they feel about him. But I know none of us need the money that badly, and it is christmas eve too :(

I know I would be utterly gutted

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

i dunno about me

i once sold a serpents fang back to someone wen he ran out of cash in the bank (and i know he was out of cash cause i killed him twice and got cash, third time i didnt) who i had never seen

ive never looted items from someone i know of so i cant really say, but would prob return them (orny would break my heart to return)

Angus

Post by Angus »

Yeah thats another point, i assume it was the Insurance bug, and not just his lack of gold in the bank?

If he lost it due to a lack of insurance, i dunno, its kinda different.
But i would probably give it back unless, as stated above, it was someone i totally disliked.

*shrugs*

Then again, i know 80% of the shard would loot me, keep my loot, and sell it on just due to my "reputation".

:!:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/lazzaro306/WoodySig1.jpg[/img]
[url=http://gamingheroes.proboards42.com/index.cgi/]4tw Clan Forums[/url]