Capture the Flag PvP System.

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Capture the Flag PvP System.

Post by Nixon »

The Idea :

First off, theres a change to guild stones. Guild stones now have their own bank account, similar to the way Tithing with Chivarly works, guilds can add gold to their stone. This will enable them to participate in a Capture the Flag. This will allow guilds to participate in other events in future.

Red Guilds : You add gold to your stone by going to the Choas Shrine, and activating the feature there.

Faction Guilds : You add the gold to your stone by going to your faction strong hold and and activating the feature there.

Blue Guilds : Similar to red guilds, except you can activate it via any shrine.

Partcipating in CTF :

To play Capture the flag it will cost 100k per guild.

There will be 4 teams in total. The team cap for each team is 20.

The teams will be seperated in the way Factions is.

Minax
Shadowlords
Council of Mages
True Britannians.

When your guild activates the CTF feature, they will be given an option to challenge another guild. Provided the arena is not already busy, both teams will be teleported into the Special CTF waiting Arena.

Any team wishing to partcipate must make their challenges or acceptance of CTF 15 minutes before the event begins in order for everyone to get setup correctly.

In the CTF waiting arena, you will be stripped naked of all your items, including your backpack. This will be put into a similar chest to your bank, perfectly secure. These items can be returned by clicking the chest in the leaving room after CTF is finished.

Your faction allocation is random for your guild. If you do not have 20 people, then you maybe allied with another guild. If you have challenged a guild, you will not be in the same team. If no guilds of the right size are present to fight, then you will fight on regardless of numbers.

Waiting Room :

There will be reagent/weapon/pot stones. The weapon stones, will have both Spell Channel and normal weapons. The Spell Channel weapons will have no bonus. The normal weapons will have 40% Damage Increase.

You can choose how much of what you carry, the reagent stone only gives 50 of each reagent, however it can be clicked multiple times.

The armour/item stone will provide you with a suit of 60 each resist. Your resists can be altered by Magic Reflect/RA. Mages will be provided with 2/6 Casting, no extra mods. Dexers will have a small number of combination of items. 10 HCI or 10 DCI or 15% Damage Increase.

Capture the Flag :

This lasts for 30 minutes. The battle is constant, there is no stopages. Everything is allowed.

The bases are all constructed differently, but none harder to defend/attack than the other, just layed out differently. There is a central arena, which is basically a large square area. To get to each base, you must advance through the tunnels. These tunnels will not be huge, but long enough for people to push back and forward.

The flag will start off in the center. When someone picks up the flag, there robe will change from their faction colour to bright yellow so its clear to everyone who has the flag. To steal the flag you simply must walk over the flag. Once the flag is in your base, the character who is in possesion of the flag must hold it over a certain tile for 60 Seconds. Should they die, another team-mate must hold the flag in their place, and the timer is reset.

For every kill your team gets, 2 points are added to your team total. For every death, you lose 1 point. If you sucessfully hold a flag for 60 seconds, 100 points are rewarded.

No point is awarded if a newly ressed player is killed before they reach full health again.

At the end of the fight, every player is kicked into the leaving arena. This is where the scores are displayed. The losing teams will be here for 5 minutes, till belongings are collected/scores noted etc.

The winning team stay for a further 5 minutes, as they are rewarded with a random reward (More details on these rewards later).

Player movement :

Players are automatically moved around the rooms. If they do not equip in the time theres nothing they can do about it - there is however equipment stones in the bases, more on this later.

Players are warned 1 minute before of whats about to happen.

Bases :

Every base has an equipment stone. When clicked the items you originally picked return to you as a brand new set. This means if you die, and are looted, you must return to the base, or loot another player to re-equip.

Rewards :

These rewards are similar to minor artifacts, however they are not quite as powerful.

Faction Robe (1% Physical, and Colour of Faction, Also states date of CTF win)
Statuate of [Faction] (Small Statue, similar to that of the Vet Rewards)
Sash of [Faction] (1% Physical and Colour of Faction you were with, also states date of CTF win)
[Faction] Broadsword (Hue'ed in Faction colour, depending on faction the resists of the weapon vary. Minax = Fire, CoM = Cold, SL = Poison, TB = Physical. 20% DI and UBWS)
Miniture Flag [Faction Patern] (Similar to banner deeds. These are rarer and only 1 out of every 100 Winners gets one. States date of Faction win)
[Faction] Tapestry (Similar to the Tailoring reward except it displays a battle scene of a faction fight - these are extremely rare and only 1 out of every 1000 gets one)

Limitations :

A guild may partcipate only once per 24h to prevent guilds hogging the arena.
Players may only participate in this once per 24h

Induvidual Players :

Players with maximum honor without guilds may participate in this, via the shrines. In a case of uneven numbers, they will be fielded into the smallest faction accordingly.

Challenged Guilds :

If your guild defeats the guild you challenge, you will be awarded with a small statue, collected via the guildstone, which will say

"In celebration of [Your Guild] defeating [Opposing Guild] on [Date]"

This is just an idea, but I'd appriciate feedback, thoughts and critiscisms. Bear in mind I may have missed some important elements as this is only a first draft.

Guess what my next event will be~ (This will be a while off yet mind you)

Nixon
No to U

Winder
VIKING BOAT MUSEUM

Post by Winder »

sounds awesome. Good work.
[img]http://www.uded.net/uo/Windar/catsig2.gif[/img]

Seth von Saljeth

Post by Seth von Saljeth »

Posted it on UOhall and if so got a link ?

blue

Post by blue »

sounds brilliant
'don't mention agincourt to the french...they don't like the fact they got a good spanking': Mr Birthwhistle (a legend of our times)

Fumin

Post by Fumin »

Like UT2004?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/skibadee/skibbannerpeg.jpg[/img]

Everyones Favourite Target

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

I like it.

Could do a capture the flag event at some stage on Yew Prison Roof in the mean time ?
Signatures broken since 2009...

blue

Post by blue »

DON'T DBL POST!! be patient if theres lag only click it once it will post :P
even ULTIMATE WARRIOR's make mistakes :P
'don't mention agincourt to the french...they don't like the fact they got a good spanking': Mr Birthwhistle (a legend of our times)

Benn

Post by Benn »

blue wrote:DON'T DBL POST!! be patient if theres lag only click it once it will post :P
even ULTIMATE WARRIOR's make mistakes :P
ULTIMATE WARRIORtm would never double post.

Buster
DAS DRAGONLODE

Post by Buster »

This sounds familure, wonder where i`ve seen something like this.......

But on a serious note....

-=OWNAGE IDEA=-

Nuff said i think.
[img]http://www.light875.plus.com/buster.jpg[/img]

Laz

Post by Laz »

Untill then i propose we do a capture the fag, we'll have Sang D'exploscroll hide somewhere and we have to find him.

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

I have one in the pipeline, but I'm not going to run it, till I think its properly organised, such an event could be griefy to sort out :)
No to U

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

Laz wrote:Untill then i propose we do a capture the fag, we'll have Sang D'exploscroll hide somewhere and we have to find him.
ROFLOOOOOOOOOL ahahaha
Signatures broken since 2009...

Drake

Post by Drake »

awesome... i love it :D .. great work ..

i played 3years UT'99 CTF and i loved it .. best shooter ever ! :D .. i'd love to see that in UO...

one thing i would change a bit:
No point is awarded if a newly ressed player is killed before they reach full health again.
..maybe into a short counter (like 1min) until a new point is rewarded, that counter resets everytime the Player gets killed. The Method you posted could prevent players from Healing up to full health to prevent the others getting points. Or maybe a combination of a Counter .. that determinates a short period of time until you have to be at full healt ... if you are not fully healed as the counter is at 0, the opposing team gets a point by killing you, even if you are not at full health...

and i would set the Counter that prevents you from Camping the Battlefields to 12 hrs... i would prefer to place twice a day... hell no... much more .. haha

Cheers
[img]http://www.hazzel.de/sigpig_ha.gif[/img]
[url=http://thedarkknights.de.vu]-+- [b]/[/b] free xxx pics ![/url]
[url=http://forum.the-absurd.com]the -+- Public Forum[/url]

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

that sounds IDENTICAL (except the fact they charge you) to the ctf on almost every pr shard ive ever played

i cant actually see this anywehre offichal so anyone throw me a link?

cause it sounds like a pr shard plan to me

still a great idea though, pr shard ctf owns

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Rofl you knob, its what I want OSI to do ;)
No to U