Survivor (EVENT)

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Survivor (EVENT)

Post by Nixon »

This is an actual event I'm planning. It will take place over the course of February, so until then I want lots of Feedback on possible ways I can improve it. I will look at all feedback, then relook at my rules, and make some adjustments for the event. This event will take time and money, but I hope it can create a lot of fun :)

Backround :

OSI are offering free buddy/account codes. If your interested in this, I suggest you claim one and HOLD onto it for the event. You may need this. You'll find out why.

There will be two guild stones. Both are warred to each other from go. The aim is to defeat the opposing guild over the course of the 4 week period.

There will be 2 nights a week dedicated to this, for four weeks. You may play any of those 2 nights over the course, as its acceptable that not everyone can play every night. HOWEVER you cannot place this character at ANY other time.

Here is the catch.

All the players who partcipate will be transported to an island. Here they will stay. Each guild will have its own island with Guildhouse (More on the Guildhouse later), they cannot leave this island other than by ship. Gating and recalling is banned, except on special occasions(More on this later).

If the guild wishes to adventure then they must do so by boat. However! They are not allowed to travel to mainland Sosaria. This is off limits, and the exploring is limited the islands of Britannia.

Guildhouses :

This will be your best friend for the first two weeks or so. Both guild houses will start off with the same amount of resources. You may use them at all. However, once you run out of resources, you must fend for yourselves! This means, should you require Armour, Wood etc, you must go out and get it yourself.

You can only play one character in this, so choose your profession and starting skills wisely!

The guildhouse for the first week will be completely safe. If your opoosing guild finds it, they cannot attack.However, after week 1, the guildhouse is no longer safe, and vunrable to attacks!

As well as the starting resources, the guildhouse will have a vendor. Both vendors will have exactlly the same items for sale. The vendor will be restocked once a week in order for people to upgrade or purchase new supplies. The vendors will sell simple yet valuable commodities.

Gold :

Well, how do you get it if you can't travel to mainland Britannia?

Theres two options.

You find resources, and sell them back to A Vendor (The Vendor being me btw) in exchange for gold. The more of one resource you sell, the value of that resource goes down.

Or

You find monsters on islands and farm them ;)

You will also find that within your guildhouse theres some ancient scrolls, which may lead you to buried treasure and special tasks (I'm not giving anymore away :) )

Finding gold will be hard, but by no means impossible!

Traveling :

As I said, you may travel to any other island. This include Serpants Hold with Fire Dungeon. HOWEVER. You may not use the teleports/gates, except in Moon when traveling between north and south of the island :) You may also hunt in Fire Dungeon, but I hold no responsibilty for lost items!

Vendors :

No you may not use them :) I trust you not too, heh

Trading :

Every two hours, I will appear with my caravan of resources. If your over-stocked in one resource, you can trade it in for another resource. The amount you get, depends on the amount in stock! It will affect the ratio.

Special Occasions :

There will be once a week, an option of a Special Occasion, this option will either be through a Quest (Which you may have to find yourself, hidden away on your island!) or a Dungeon Crawl. In the Dungeon Crawl I will gate your guild in. This will be your chance to make large sums of money.

Training :

How do you go about it? Well now! You have a boat, you have a few options. You *can* macro. But there will be no LRC suit unless you find the pieces yourselves! You can also freely spar amongst yourselves to train, or do whatever necessary, legally!

You cannot train at any other time other than the allotted times, it would make the event unfair and kinda pointless :)

PvP :

There doesn't seem like theres much PvP involved. :(

Intiailly, no, there won't be. As the weeks progress, there will be more and more, until the final night, where both guilds must battle it out over an island. I'm not going to say too much about this, but there will be PvP involved.

How do we win? :

Whichever guild ends up with the most kills, will have a major advantage. However, it does not necessarily guarentee the win! How sucessful the guild's have been over the course of the 4 weeks will matter a lot. Event sucesses, will add points. I will be keeping track of all these sucesses, and detailing them every week for people to catch up on.

Insurence :

Here is the interesting part. There is none. If you kill your oppenent you may dry loot him! Be wary though, your actions may have reprecussions :)

HELP I DIED! :

Not to worry, if your guildmates can't res, I will be on hand to ressurect the fallen, at both War situations and training.
Guild Towns :

You can create guild towns (Probably 7*7). You can setup ship and move to new pastures if your not happy with your location! However the guildhouse will never move, and you *cannot* recall to it, so if you wish to place other houses I suggest you do so nearby the Guild Island.

The Guilds :

The teams are random. You may well end up with people you dont like, but its in your interests to work alongside them, who knows, you may even get along with them after this.

Leaders :

Your leader will be elected on day one! So if you wish to become a leader of the guild you must attend day one. The leader is responsible for keeping their team in line, and keeping in regular contact with me. :)

It would be in the guilds best interest to choose someone who will be able to attend almost all.

Forums :

If Benn kindly allows me, I will ask him to setup two forums for each guild, both private. Here you can discuss tactics, share map details (Locations to hunt in, enemy hq etc)

Rules :

I will be floating around all the time, to make sure people aren't stepping too far out of line, this isnt roleplaying, so you may talk etc as you will :)

What days does this thing run then? :

It will run twice a week as I said. The nights in each week will vary slightly to allow for people with rl commitments to attend. Each night, it will run for six hours. You are of course, not required to play all of these six hours. 6 PM GMT - 12 PM GMT. This time is definate.

Prizes :

Depending on numbers, the prize will vary. Only the winning team will walk away with the rewards!

The prize currently stands at Two Million for the team.

Where do I sign up? :

If your definately interested either let me know in this thread, or pm me. This way I can compile a list of names, and prepare guilds/items, so I know how many we are talking about.

I want to play but can't attend the first night ;(

Dont worry, if you let me know your wanting to play, I can guild you at any point. I will have characters in both stones - however I wont be participating!

I hope everyone will enjoy this event, as its somewhat different than the normal. I do hope it wont be too boring for people, hence the special occasions, and quests I will run. I'm looking forward to running this, and I do hope you are too.

Feedback would be welcomed as well as letting me know of any interest. I do hope I've not missed any important points, although please, any questions fire away and I'll add it, the clearer people are the better.

Nixon
No to U

Angus

Post by Angus »

Sounds ace.

I used to own a small house on an island (my OWN island) when i used to pirate, was just off of mainland Brit.

Im in? :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/lazzaro306/WoodySig1.jpg[/img]
[url=http://gamingheroes.proboards42.com/index.cgi/]4tw Clan Forums[/url]

blue

Post by blue »

NIXON FOR DRACHS EM!!!!
'don't mention agincourt to the french...they don't like the fact they got a good spanking': Mr Birthwhistle (a legend of our times)

Theristis

Post by Theristis »

Nixon u planning in joining the developement team soon? U already sended application e-mail?

If so, u got my vote !! Nixon for president , err for devopement team !
Nobody is perfect.. and i am NOBODY ! :-P

www.team-cow.de

Chew

Post by Chew »

Fantastic idea !

What came first to my mind to just eleminate ANY cheating, the solution would be an emulated "RunUO" shard, which would only be up for the dedicated time-window.

Also any NPC-Vendors could be eleminated .. etc.

Only problem would be that people are always a bit scared of those emulated shards - and they are not THAT wrong with it.

I dont know about the load (how many people could be on such shard simultaniously), but when I tested several things on my emulated shard, the max people online were around 15-20 w/o any lag at all.

Cheers
Chew

Buster
DAS DRAGONLODE

Post by Buster »

You beat me to it Chew to be honest.

@ Nixon, i`ll speak to you in irc about my ideas etc.
[img]http://www.light875.plus.com/buster.jpg[/img]

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

No haven't applied to join the Dev/EM team, heh :)

Certainly an option Chew, unfortunatly I wouldn't be able to post on stratics, or advertise to widely which cuts off that idea. :)

Cheating I can't really control too much, the players have to rule themselves, which is always a dodgy option, but I will be accessed to both forums and stones, so I'll have a good idea of whats going on either side. So I'll know of possible cheating etc ;)
No to U

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

lol i would of suggested setting up a pr shard to \o/

but sounds fun