Tournement as it Happens

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Tournement as it Happens

Post by Nixon »

Winners have * next to their name

Round One

Monolith vs Cyric*
Vivd* vs Marc El Thor
Zorack vs Biff*
Scotswife vs Shantala*
Alicia vs Shiva*
Mystix vs Duririn*
Fatalist* vs Nixon
Fenix* vs Alyx

Biff drops out, NUVAA takes his place

Round Two

Cyric* vs NUVAA
Vivid* vs Shantala
Shiva vs Fatalist*
Duririn* vs Fenix

Semi Final - Best of 3

Cyric* vs Fatalist
2 - 0
Vivid* vs Duririn
2 - 0

Third/Fourth Placed - Best of 3

Duririn vs Fatalist
2 - 1

Final - Best of of 5

Cyric* vs Vivid
3 - 2

Cyric beating Vivid :

Thanks all to those who attended.

3.8million for donation from that event :)

Nixon
Last edited by Nixon on Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No to U

amber

Post by amber »

great laugh wp all concerned, hope you all donated more than just the entrance fee :)

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

I got owned by lag so hard, no disrepspect to anyone I fought, :D

Let's not be forgetting that I won the other title of "ultimate champion of the universe" in the free for all :D

Ingo
Author of "Stripper Assassin"

Post by Ingo »

gg guys n gals.

Thanks @ zole for letting me win in final. >_<

All for a good cause, nice work boyos.

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

nice
i was hoping to compete but something came up
i would of gone out first round anyway

Benn

Post by Benn »

i r forgot, and ended up in the pub.

D'oh.

Weevil

Post by Weevil »

Well done Nix.
Great work there and well done to eberyone for contributing. :)
Weevil
Licensed to die a horrible death and lose all his items.

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

u forgot to tell cyril to turn invul off?

blue

Post by blue »

hehe was fun....cyric woulda gone out in 2nd round vs me but i was eating and nuvaa took my place....we did duel later and i lost so fair play :) one question...u guys dont allow specials yet without specials the normal combo is
' feeble, harm,pois,curse,pois,harm harm, eplxo , pois, harm harm ahrm harm.....repeat until oponent is dead' :P kinda annyoing to duel like that especially whenb u guys use specials in field fights
'don't mention agincourt to the french...they don't like the fact they got a good spanking': Mr Birthwhistle (a legend of our times)

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Field fights is totally different, and it takes a LOT of timing to disturb poison/harm/ma/wkn combos. Thats the difference between us, and everyone else I think. I'd say this is probably where we've brought a new element to DF pvp - some are more certainly willing to adapt than others :)

Our timing has to be much more spot on, than say DF rules, where bleed/poison/harm is used, when its more a case of whoever gets bleed/poison off first. As I proved when I dueled at farms, its not that we are any less superior, it's just the fact it requires so little skill to use specials in duels ESPECIALLY when your using something like hit fireball/harm/light.

Basically with a high hit fireball wep, and specials, you can do as much as 60hp in one small combo, then just chain harm to death, bearing in mind the oppenent will be disturbed by the fireball as it hits a split second after the initial hit, usually when the oppenent preps heals.

Last night I was at farms, and I accepted every special fight, the only one I lost was to Blackdragon, in which he simply did bleed with a hit harm wep of 40% leaving me pretty useless.

Field fights are SO much more different, they cant even be compared to duels. I'd say I'm quite a good dueler now, but in comparison to fields fights I'm nothing, as field is where I come into play - okay that sounds like I have an ego, but field fighting and dueling is very different and can't be compared.

This shard is the only shard I've seen with specials in duels and out of all the duel's I've seen, I still fail to see any skill in specials with hit spell weps. Not soo much Nox mages, but certainly they are overpowered when it comes to dueling these days :)

Edit : You do also get skilless fuckers on EU, whos only form of defense is chain casting weaken :)

Nixon
Last edited by Nixon on Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No to U

King Cyric
N3cr0 fr0m H3ll

Post by King Cyric »

FEAR MY HARM MACRO BITCHES.

\o/

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

lol yes thats one thing i dont see as much here
WEAKEN WEAKEN WEAKEN WEAKEN WEAKEN WEAKEN

i see it a bit but not half as much

but then here i get
BLEED LP FIREBALL FIREBALL

all shrds have gimps, but this is also first ive known to use specs in duels

blue

Post by blue »

im not complainin just pointing out how i see it. im certainly open to adapting otherwise i wouldnt of come to a nospecials duel tourny. also the option of pots was odd imo.....none of use used them anyway and duels should always = no pots :D
'don't mention agincourt to the french...they don't like the fact they got a good spanking': Mr Birthwhistle (a legend of our times)

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

yar i agree on pots
he did it old O rules which always meant pots allowed. but most duels dont use em. and even in AO tournys no pots was decided at start of most fights

Benn

Post by Benn »

The reason for allowing pots is entirely down to the poison changes. Otherwise "in nox" + "des mani des mani des mani des mani des mani des mani des mani des mani des mani" = win. (more or less)