My idea for a new minor artifact (pub 31 style)

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Villa
Devon Knows

My idea for a new minor artifact (pub 31 style)

Post by Villa »

I made the following post on UHall -
http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/s ... er=5658691

Bear in mind that OSI have announced that there will be some 'major minor' artifacts in pub 31 - something in between the level of doom arties and minor arties from paragons.
Go and comment on it over there to lend your support for my drive to remove mages from this REAL mans' game.

In case Stratics is being stupidly slow again, here is the text of it for you to digest -
OK so i herd that there is going be some new major minor arteries coming with teh pub31 and i was thinking what wuld be good for me and for others too.
what i wold liek to see is all wizards getting hurted becaus they dont derserves to be in a fantasy game. magery is for wimpy old mens who dont have the courage to hold a mighty wepon and cleeve peoples skills in half in manly one on one action. what can be better than fighting yur oppnent with your large tool smacking him round his head. did king arthur have hundruds of merlins and liek one sir dancealot ? of course he didnt and therefor uo should reflect this and maek it so that most of the fightings is between muscular young men sweating heavily as they bash each othurs brains out.

anyway i digress, sorry was just trying to gives you an backgrond idea about why i thought about this new artifakt that i thought about.
here it is and i call it teh GO TO HELL WIZARD, but i guess thats not probably politikly correct so maybe we could calls it TEH WYTCH HUNTER
it got the following props -

TEH WYTCH HUNTER
resisting spells +10 (haha curse me more mr sourcerer ?)
damage inc 20%
100% fire damage (burn in hell you evil wizard)
hit mana lich 33%
hit magik arrow 33% (may the fire cleanse yur evil soul)
UBSW
hit chance increase 10% (haha die please witch)

Now i'm not 100% sure what kind of weapon this shuld be, but i guess to keep things balnced it shoulkd be a slow one maybe somethinmg that does concussion because wizards hate concussion ever since that anatomy special attak came into game on axes ages ago.
Hmmm maybe it should be a longsword or maybe a mace ? because its got USBW any mighty warrior can use this to hunt down those evil saucerors.

So what you think Bevs and UO players ?
This would be GR8 weapon for PvP but it isnt unblanced because the properties are not very hi in intensuties and also the wepon will be slow and also the 100% fire damage (All those crazy magicians have high fire resists anyways).

GR8 idea for new major minor artifakt no ?
Signatures broken since 2009...

Toki
Drive-by Reskiller

Post by Toki »

this is officially, get banned from message boards week 0_o
[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/6rpqma.jpg[/IMG]

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

No really, I think that weapon would be quite plausible and practical without being overbearing.

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Its quite hard to implement something in between, some of the minor artis are better than the major artis dexer wise imo.

Last thing we need is more fking artis:(
No to U

Joe

Post by Joe »

thats alot of mods for an inbetween arti villa

Weevil

Post by Weevil »

I thought the new minor/major arties were coming in on pub 30, currently on the test centre and cooly named "Treasures of Tokuno".
Or as the more knowledgable of us call them. "desperate atrtempt to justify samurai expamsion and please don't all run off to WoW all at once" arties.
Weevil
Licensed to die a horrible death and lose all his items.

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

No, they said there will be more powerful (i.e. 'major') minor arties in pub31 details of which have not been released yet.

Winder
VIKING BOAT MUSEUM

Post by Winder »

u need 10 minor samurai artishit that you can collect through pub 30, which you can then swap for a minor major arti.
[img]http://www.uded.net/uo/Windar/catsig2.gif[/img]

Weevil

Post by Weevil »

OOoh!
Exciting. :oops:
Weevil
Licensed to die a horrible death and lose all his items.

SkullWasp

Post by SkullWasp »

I thaught that it was a rather shit weapon to be honest - Everything is fire, which is a resist mages focus on.

Id say it would make a good MArty, but a major one?

boost everythign to 50 and it would be ok.
[img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cragproductions/images/SkullWasp.JPG[/img]

Superfast Oz
Cardinal Chunder

Post by Superfast Oz »

lol

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

SkullWasp wrote:I thaught that it was a rather shit weapon to be honest - Everything is fire, which is a resist mages focus on.

No no, this is supposed to ba a 'major minor' artifact - somewhere in between a minor artifact and a Doom artifact - the kind of thing OSI will be releasing in Pub31.

I wanted it to be balanced and not overpowering.
As it stands, I think that weapon is not bad.

SkullWasp

Post by SkullWasp »

Villa wrote:
SkullWasp wrote:I thaught that it was a rather shit weapon to be honest - Everything is fire, which is a resist mages focus on.

No no, this is supposed to ba a 'major minor' artifact - somewhere in between a minor artifact and a Doom artifact - the kind of thing OSI will be releasing in Pub31.

I wanted it to be balanced and not overpowering.
As it stands, I think that weapon is not bad.
Im not sure if I would give up 10 (or 12) of the minor artis for one of the major minor artis...

there are some minor artis that are pretty good i guess.
[img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cragproductions/images/SkullWasp.JPG[/img]

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

corpse skin and then this wep = win.