The "OMGoolies it's an election" Thread

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Villa
Devon Knows

The "OMGoolies it's an election" Thread

Post by Villa »

May the 5th; General Election in the UK.

I understand some of the users of this forum have finally reached voting age and might be thinking of voting.
We won't go into my negative views about unemployed bums, fat women and people from the north being entitled to vote, so instead lets find out who you will be voting for.

If for some reason you are ineligible to vote in Britain (e.g. being under 18, American, Europeen, the fact that they won't allow you to use your feet to vote with, or you can't quite remember how to scribble an X on a piece of paper) then feel free to voice your opinions on our political parties. Perhaps you may want to tell us about your political stance.

Me, I am seriously considering breaking the mould and voting Liberal.
I've always voted Conservative or (Recently) Labour (i.e. 'New' Labour; AKA Conservatives with a left leaning), but this time round I want to join the large number of people who want to tell Blair to sod off. Conservatives are just a shambles at present.
Therefore, only the Liberals have any appeal left, though I disagree with some of their stances (e.g. Gay Weddings), and wish they had a more militant/aggresive POV on some foreign/overseas issues.
Signatures broken since 2009...

King Cyric
N3cr0 fr0m H3ll

Post by King Cyric »

BNP

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Depends on what I find out about constituency. Will be first time I voted in General Election since moving here, so no idea about it yet.

Basically be voting either Labour or Lib Dem, depending on who has best chance of beating Tories here. If neither do then i'll vote Green.

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

Villa if you vote Lib Dems I will never talk to you again, they are fucking idiots.

Calix don't vote labour or lib dems i'd feel more comfortable with you voting green.

I will be voting even if it means rolling my hospital bed to the polling station, but I won't discuss politics on an online forum :(
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Tory boy^^

King Cyric
N3cr0 fr0m H3ll

Post by King Cyric »

Can I have my cereal in front of Frost please Father?

ahah

Benn

Post by Benn »

Zim Zum wrote:I will be voting even if it means rolling my hospital bed to the polling station, but I won't discuss politics on an online forum :(
Why not? I'd love to hear people's opinions...

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

Zim, I thought everyone in Brighton was a Liberal voter (And incidentally, gay too) ?

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

Villa wrote:Zim, I thought everyone in Brighton was a Liberal voter (And incidentally, gay too) ?
Well there is some truth in that
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Liberal Democrats
No to U

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

We've had decades of Tory and Labour mismanagement; I sincerely believe it is time to give the Liberals a chance to screw up the country too.
They can't do any worse than what the old school Conservatives did; nor can they be anywhere near as reticent and fawning as Herr Blair.

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Villa wrote:We've had decades of Tory and Labour mismanagement; I sincerely believe it is time to give the Liberals a chance to screw up the country too.
They can't do any worse than what the old school Conservatives did; nor can they be anywhere near as reticent and fawning as Herr Blair.
I don't think they are entirely ready to run the country, probably because they don't exactly expect to get in that position, but I'd far rather they ran it, than say Conservatives and Labour.

If someone like the green party ran the country, we'd be a laughing joke. Sure things like the enviroment and such would probably improve, but what about the other areas they seemingly dont give a fuck about?

As far as Scotland is concerned, SNP is good in some respects - but a joke in my opinion overall.
No to U

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

Actually, I had assumed for some reason that you would have voted for the SNP; being all pro-Scotland and that^

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Villa wrote:Actually, I had assumed for some reason that you would have voted for the SNP; being all pro-Scotland and that^
Yeah I am very pro-scotland, but I'd rather look at the bigger picture of things, and overall I don't think they'd be that great.

I would of course love for us to become indepedant, but I can't see that happening in my lifetime. Its quite strange how people vote up here actually, the south of scotland aren't nearly as much as for indepedance as the northerners(i.e me :P). Yet its the northerners that have such strong english communities(As I guess I'd say 40% of my town is english), maybe we just want rid of the english BNP style~
No to U

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

Do you believe Scotland would do well as an independent nation ?
Would it be able to survive with it's own resources ?

A lot of the newer nations from the past 10 years or so have done rather badly.
Granted these were mainly former soviet republics who gained autonomy following the collapse of the USSR, and granted they had had decades worth of assets being stripped/taken by Russia, but none the less allmost every one of these new nations is struggling now that they have cut the umbilical cord from their mother nation.

Scotland is clearly no Estonia or Latvia or whatever, but do you still think ultimately Scotland would suceed as a stand alone nation ?