the i want to play uo thread!

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

the i want to play uo thread!

Post by Mercury »

yes, yes i do, but not the wank current incarnation or the neon infested pr shards :<

*merc wants legacy or good osi era*

:cry:

Benn

Post by Benn »

:(

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

wtf, no need for this thread, you attention seeking cunt.

die of aids
Down with Scotland

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Yes, but why I won't and none of us will ever enjoy it that much again:

1. UO is best when you have lots of free time to play and be the best, do any of us have that anymore? I couldn't play Legacy enough to either remember how to play or to make any money.

2. All the people that made it fun, well nearly all have been swallowed up by WoW, rl etc.

I think even if they reverted to p25 now we wouldn't enjoy it half as much as we did.

'tis over.

:( :( :(

Snake Plissken

Post by Snake Plissken »

Noooo

we can adapt.
It'll be different this time not just another start and quit again 2months later.

We can change the world! Pull together and create a Sanctuary, composed of members widely scattered indeed but united by the bonds of perfect lub. We must not, however, imagine that this would society resemble anything so base as a guild or order, meeting at certain times, choosing leaders and members, united by special objects. This society will know none of the formalities which belong to the outer rings. In this kingdom of power all outward forms cease.

It is from here we can influence world make constructive suggestions like everyone used to before they lost hope and started spaming 'die in a fire irl osi' on the official boards. We have no need for sleep or sustenance we can trained throughout the night, learn to PvM and banksit to fund the revolution. We'll once again become gods burning in the eternal twilight we'll be teh end, forever!!

let the memory live again~

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Snake is still smoking green then

pain

Post by pain »

i dont want to go back to uo unless villa, calix, alice mcfield, armstrong, squall, the commies, af/cookie and all the other nobs who made it fun went back as well.
whether long range weapon or suicide bomber wicked mind is a weapon of mass destruction

Superfast Oz
Cardinal Chunder

Post by Superfast Oz »

I get random urges to play UO every now and then, but by the time I move to activation page I change my mind.

ps: you all suck

Squall

Post by Squall »

i'll be re-activating again soon as I don't want my house to fall... Also may as well try out the new changes!
[img]http://members.boards.ie/zyphorion/Squall%20Anim.gif[/img]

"Balanced" - the ability to use potions when wielding a bow

Angus

Post by Angus »

@ Calix.

If we could get the UO we all desired, with the playerbase. I know we could all fit UO in somehow, maybe not the staying up till 5am or such sessions we had before. But it would still be excellent.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/lazzaro306/WoodySig1.jpg[/img]
[url=http://gamingheroes.proboards42.com/index.cgi/]4tw Clan Forums[/url]

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

we all know if it was like how we imagine it (everybodys imagination is different and loved different things) we'd play it till 5am regularly again

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

I'd love to know what kept people away from Legacy/made them quit.

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Calix wrote:I'd love to know what kept people away from Legacy/made them quit.
Simple reason is lazyness.

There was pvp to be found, all this talk about no fights was just utter bullshit. I mean, I look at my screenshot folder and how many different fuckers did I fight?

Perhaps I have a different perspective on things because I remember what it was really like when there was noone to fight in UO. That era all the AOS wankers generally look back on and say was the best time of there life (p15) and the likes. I dunno how anyone really considers it to be the best era cause unless you whored up Yew Gate and occasionally Bucs with the server lining Bilbo and BUCS DEN BOYZ there was fuck all to do. Finding victims then was few and far between, you'd get the odd afk macro'er or trammie who placed there fel stone to see what this r0x place was like.

Or the fact people have just been aosified. People are so used to the champing and guilds whoring player after player in an attempt to dominate, there was always something going on. Cause that whoring doesn't work theres not much to do in there eyes.

Then comes the 'its too hard' to get equipment. Well it was a little, but not as bad as people were saying, Legacy was as much about knowing where to hunt and patience as it was anything else. I don't expect instant results so I benifited while people were using there half assed equipment to fight some gimpy guy who might have got lucky with a piece, I was out there biding my time. I was only back home for the duration of the holidays, and granted my process was sped up a bit by the fact I had a shit load of free time, but my suit was fucking superb. Better than the quality suit I built up on Drachenfels/EU over a 3 year period. Then when the crafting system came into play, absolutely NOONE had an excuse.

I had some really good fights on Legacy, aside from a lot of the running gimpyness that existed there (partly due to the freeshard style of pvp, partly aos pvper mentality), I made my own fights. 90% of my time on the shard I spent independantly from I-C, as there were only a handful really playing - certainly the amount I was playing, I'd have loved if I was using my own system, as I'd have got on far better than I did. That Inquis would have been mine for sure :P

People were victims of their own mentality on Legacy and ultimately that was its downfall.

In a way I don't regret not playing UO till 5am and the likes, for a huge portion of my UO time particularly recent years, I didn't enjoy it at all, but I had nothing else better to do. In terms of enjoyment, I probably enjoyed Legacy more than EU/DF AOS.
No to U

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

lets not play uo!

really, you all hate it.

10 min left on dl for clix's movie then time for ninjaedit~

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

MMORPGs suck now.
I have 0 incentive to play any of the current bunch.

I've rediscovered RL, and even though it's a bit scary, I don't mind it as much as I thought I might.
Also, having 9 series of StarGate SG1 to go through occupies a lot of my time.
Signatures broken since 2009...