UO Nostalgia Links

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Petra

Re: UO Nostalgia Links

Post by Petra »

I is here! Following orders :)

Not sure why you want to hear from a geriatric still playing UO
[img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.jones27/PetraPiper.jpg[/img]
Barian's Mall, Yewdale
Coordinates: 57° 7' N, 25° 22' W (Tram)
Molly Fyde's Emporium, Moonglow Gate, Siege Perilous

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

That was quick!

How are things? What's the status of UO these days, I'm impressed you're still dedicated to it! And where do all the old retired players hang out these days? We want to revive the old days!
Down with Scotland

Petra

Post by Petra »

It's not well tbh. Lots of people have left. The calibre of pvpers atm, I think I could manage to beat half of them on Petra! 3 of them together couldn't kill Terry's Sam O'Rye char.

One if the most vocal is a school kid named Mervyn (guild 2.0), who actually posted UHall asking that champ spawns only be allowed at peak times. This because folk were working them when he was at school and couldn't raid.

The Devs are trying to re-vamp factions, which is damned hard because whatever they try just gets slammed to hell.

The EC client can do some pretty nice things, especially with the custom UI that's been made by a guy named Pinco, but it has a crashing problem that no one seems able to pinpoint the cause of. :(

Having said that, I still enjoy myself, and find more things I want to do than I have time to do them.

Terry got a bit fed up with the 'barge in and take over' attitude of some Europa pvmers, he's playing on Drachs atm.

I eventually managed to make up for the neglect on Stratics and it's now totally upto date, and moved onto a new CMS - wordpress. I had to learn how to use it. The guy who owns Stratics now promised they'd create a 'skin' for it, but I knew if I didn't want 'modern, black and gloomy' I'd have to do it myself.
Result has been slammed, but I don't care - it feels right to me. Took me a bit to figure out, since I don't actually know any coding, but I managed it with a bit of 'what does this bit do? copy/paste and edit a bit'

There's been a few folk post 'I'm back', but I'm not sure if any hung around. I haven't visited UCH boards for years.
Barian's Mall, Yewdale

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Petra wrote:
Not sure why you want to hear from a geriatric still playing UO
You and Terry were always good friends to us so why wouldn't we! 9 years ago or something that you had your vendor house in I-C town..
'Real' UO sounds worse every time I hear about it - but I still can't get past it! It's a real shame we've lost contact with nearly everyone.

Night
fIlThY cUnT

Post by Night »

Hi Petra :) *waves*

Petra

Post by Petra »

You're always welcome to drop in to Europa board on Stratics and say 'hi'. Not sure who's around. When I see a name in general chat in game, I never know if it's the player from before or someone who bought his account. :(
Terry and I still have a house in Fel, though no vendors. We still play Siege some of the time too.

There's a couple of new ways to make stuff. Imbuing - which lets you put properties on crafted items, up to a certain weight. Can tailor a suit. Then the newest is re-forging. Uses charges from runic kits and hammers, but when you're lucky you can break through caps. My Siege char can run around in lrc, mana regen, stamina regen all 70s and not worry about losing it, cos she can make another if she loses it. MR and SR not at caps though, just a little bit.

Some old dungeons have been re-vamped and have stronger monsters, and some interesting loot - but the best stuff has penalties, like can't be repaired or cursed.
Barian's Mall, Yewdale

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

my stratics account doesn't work :(

Petra

Post by Petra »

well, that's hardly a problem when I'm the darn board admin now is it?

Remind me what the user name is, exactly.
Barian's Mall, Yewdale

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Hi Petra,

I'm glad everything is well, I popped into your old Fyde channel a few times over the years to say hello but I guess you no longer use it.
No to U

senji

Post by senji »

*Rolls out the ABM*

Good morning everyone!

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

*puts on the coffee machine*
Down with Scotland

Petra

Post by Petra »

Nixon wrote:Hi Petra,

I'm glad everything is well, I popped into your old Fyde channel a few times over the years to say hello but I guess you no longer use it.
No don't use irc anymore. mIRC started insisting we pay for it, and most of the time there was only Terry and I in there.
Also I got mega busy on Stratics. The site had barely been touched, last dates on any files on the server were in 2006! Took a bit of doing to catch up 3 years of neglect and document a rather large expansion at the same time, but i got it done.

I've done 3 full years as ME now, starting into my fourth. Site is all upto date, both it and the boards are on new software and folk are starting to grow the other portals.
Barian's Mall, Yewdale

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

What's an ME?
Also; Hi.
Signatures broken since 2009...

Calix