Best UO pvpr from each period

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Best UO pvpr from each period

Post by zole »

This morning I was reading UCH boards by mistake. After laughing at rl pics I was laughing at the best PVPr thread.

I think it's hard to say someone was the best always cos this isnt true. Good example is XLX. He was great in his hayday but after o/c lost popularity and he appeared less other people dominated. By p16 he was no longer on top. He was still good but by that time other people had learnt how to pvp. I think people are more scared than the name than of how good he actually was.

Rambled a bit..

Its hard to saw who was the "best" but say who you think, and why. Thats if people even care or remember uo.

Lets say the different areas/catagory are

pre p16 - Factions,PKs, Duel, group, OC.
P16 - Factions, PK, Champ spawn heroes, gate trash.

Early AOS - Factions, Trash, PK, Champ spawn.

Aos - after people had artis - same catagories

SE.

ML.

If you can think of other area, feel free to mention it.

Sorry to talk about uo but I felt nostalgic.
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

get back to japan

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

You know you'll always get a response out of me..

I read that board a few months ago, and they had a similar thread. All the people they mentioned as BEST AOS PVPER were post SE/ML people(ie people i've generally not heard of) apart from Morth..Pretty lolz. But I guess only a few people there actually PvPed before SE.

No point me commenting on any era before p16 as I have no idea about Europa.

p16, ash'veem/Vem. Think he beat xlx in a Ancient Oak tournament to prove it as well. Was best on the field.

Early AoS: Dunno really, itemz were too dominant. Zim won the poll on EFC for 'most feared player' or whatever if I remember rightly..But people with itemz/abusive templates dominated really. Z0LE/keisari/coma white etc...

p25: Loads of candidates. Zim was beyond belief on Drachs. Can't really emphasise that enough. Easily his peak and he was playing on a laptop for half of it..Freedom was very good when he came over to Drach, same level as Zim and Zole possibly? Close anyway. I think it's fair to say 90% of the best Euro PvPers at that time were in I-C or Freedom's guild.

Post SE: Dunno really, Morth I guess. Didn't play Europa enough and Drachs was awful. SUPRISE ENTRY = Winder, best teamplayz. Obviously not in Morth's class overall but someone not really recognised as a good player that was actually pretty fucking good. One of my favourite people to PK with anyway.

I usually just end up saying ZIM AND ZOLE which sounds mad biased, but I think it's fair to say you were two of the top 5 pre SE AOS players on Europa/Drach, and people like Senji, Fatal, Nix, Cyric weren't far behind at various times.

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

Keisari was just the first person to use necro's effectively. Then the rest of com joined it too.

But early aos he was certainly one of the most dangerous people out there. Wasn't really due to mad items or even template abuse, just the fact that noone had any idea wtf necro was and why they were dying. Didn't know how to fight it.

Coma was really nothing special, only thing he had going for him was mad SDI which no one else had really.

My own abuse came in the form of pain spike double hit from an axe, and then much much later with chiv mage. I think 90% of the crying about my "abuse" was just crying, I don't really remember doing much in the way of overpowering templates.

I was one of the first people to really use LMC though, thanks to woflborg.

During P16 I really had next to no idea who Zim was, but there was one dexxer who was one of the few who could really give me a run for his money. I might have died once or twice but I looted a gold spear or two from him a few times when i got him outside of destard. I OWN TYRION.

Easily one of those people who i thought "oh ffs it's him again. i wont be able to do anything until i've killed him he'll keep on bugging me".

OFC Athena rocked up the joint while he was playing but ofc no really credit can go to him due to DEXXER + ITAM. But he organised people well and knew what he was doing, but really can't give too much respect to dexxers!
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]

Winder
VIKING BOAT MUSEUM

Post by Winder »

didnt do much pvp until some way into aos. I duelled and stuffs before then quit when aos came out, then returned and went straight into pvp.

cant really remember whos outstanding, but morth obviously, and zim/clx on wandnecros on df. belg for best dexer even without uoa. athena was a machine, drakeon was best dueller. Men crew are all pretty good.
[img]http://www.uded.net/uo/Windar/catsig2.gif[/img]

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

zole wrote:Keisari was just the first person to use necro's effectively. Then the rest of com joined it too.

But early aos he was certainly one of the most dangerous people out there. Wasn't really due to mad items or even template abuse, just the fact that noone had any idea wtf necro was and why they were dying. Didn't know how to fight it.

Coma was really nothing special, only thing he had going for him was mad SDI which no one else had really.

My own abuse came in the form of pain spike double hit from an axe, and then much much later with chiv mage. I think 90% of the crying about my "abuse" was just crying, I don't really remember doing much in the way of overpowering templates.

I was one of the first people to really use LMC though, thanks to woflborg.
So basically, what I said? :(

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

It was 7 years since p16.... bleh, glad I have broken free of the addiction.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

I just looked up the thread.

Marko(Muff is him yeah?) mentioned Zim and Zole actually. There's another thread on there near the top with Maco spamming I-C HAS ALWAYS BEEN SHIT LOL in it.

Best.

http://einert.org/uoboard/viewtopic.php?t=5545
Last edited by Calix on Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

Pre p16 my pvp was very limited, outside of Europa rping anyway. I was mostly limited to pking people in bottom level fire in orc form because they all had silver weapons. That was a laugh used to get full invuln sets and vanq silver katanas and shit. I was more of a looter than a fighter so random gate encounters etc I don't really remember many people by name.

P16 was dominated by EPK so again it's hard to pick anyone out by name, although the Vems were an awesome team. I have to mention Zole because his Merlark character was awesome he did it really well. Similar to me with early Zim when I made him an alchemist mage. The whole I-C crew though were awesome at Destard which is why I always wanted to join them.

AoS is a mixed bag. Suzy the Vampyre (cant remember aos char's name) and Keisari were the early shock characters for me because they knew how to play necros well from day one, while the rest of us were going wtf. I was running round with Damodred and we thought we had mad suits because we had some resists in the 60s and absolutely no mods whatsoever, so fighting people like that used to end in rape til you learnt what they were doing. As a twosom thought noone could beat us.

Actually Suzy the Vampyre is probably my most hated person from UO ever purely for grief factor, although FUJIKO CHAN when he came along was almost as irritating.

After early AoS established and before artis came into popular use there was noone really I felt was a challenge 1v1. The best fights were the team ones with C*C and DiE and occasionally 6i6 when you saw Roger Rabbit and the shit one etc.

When artis came out I had reached my pinnacle of ability which is why I was able to go to Magincia and slaughter a dozen people by myself regardless of what artis they had and I had FC2. That was when I was playing everyday when living in France so I was lightning quick both on the keyboard and also in thought of what to do when fighting.

Then I went through a phase of not playing so much, completely missed early I-C on Drachs. When I eventually came back it was awesome, and Cashies and RMC were a lot of fun to fight along with solo owning American guilds at 3am after drinking half a litre of vodka.

Then when Calix and I developed the WAND NECRO OF DOOM it was possibly the most fun I've ever had playing UO. It was just complete lol. It reminded me of early AoS when you found Trammel guilds doing champ spawns and they died in 2 spells each. NECRO OF DOOM was that kind of power. Then every fucker started doing it and eventually wands got nerfed. Shame because when you fight solo or in a 2 man team you deserve something to let you compete with big groups.

Senji was best team fighter for me along with Damodred, Zole was the guy you knew you could leave to kill someone by himself and would always succeed. And Calix was just fun to play with, like having your gay lover with you.

I love UO.
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

Toki
Drive-by Reskiller

Post by Toki »

There will never be anything like it again etc etc
[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/6rpqma.jpg[/IMG]

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Prot-wand-necro skillz:

Vs Average idiot: Corpse, explo scroll, explo, pain spike poison strike = ded

Vs decent player: Strangle, corpse, explo scroll, explo, pain spike poison strike = ded.

Vs: group: as above but press heal wand macro sometimes...

When with Zim: Spam omen and laugh.

lolz.

Think when stuff like Crystalline ring came out everyone picked up the template, but we were best retired by that point..

Winder
VIKING BOAT MUSEUM

Post by Winder »

bushparrymage post se was worst
[img]http://www.uded.net/uo/Windar/catsig2.gif[/img]

Noxin
BENEFIT CHEAT

Post by Noxin »

Wildcat was best
YOUR GAMES ARE THE GAYIST THING EVER ACRCADEN CRUSADE WAS EPIC FAIL AND SO WAS ANY THING U MADE WITH A P THE REST WAS JUST FLAT OUT GAY U DONT DESERVE LIFE NO U DONT DESERVE ANYTHING U ARE JUST A GAY MORON WHO NEEDS TO GET A LIFE

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

You were all shit except Senji and Cyric, as they were actually genuine team players.
Think of PETER BEARDSLEY to GARY LINEKER.
If it wasn't for Beardsley, Linkeker wouldn't have 90% of the success or fame that he achieved.

You are all LINEKER; Senji and Cyric are BEARDSLEY.
Oh and Zole is IAN RUSH (Which is like LINEKER but even more greedy and Welsh too).
Signatures broken since 2009...

Superfast Oz
Cardinal Chunder

Post by Superfast Oz »

The best person I played with was conzpi, not really for individual skillz but he was incredible teamplayer. Worst person for me to meet on field was Zim; I only ever killed him once in a duel and I think he was lagged or on a laptop or something.