What the fuck?

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

What the fuck?

Post by Calix »

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

Yeah it's still kind of hard to believe. In the space of a day they get bought by Arabs then make £35m offers for David Villa, Berbatov and Robinho hoping to get at least 1 out of 3.

It's going to be md seeing Robinho playing for them, he's pretty tasty. But probably hoping someone else signs him in january.
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

Angus

Post by Angus »

Yeah Just read that while eating my cornflakes, had to read the headline a few times to make sure i wasnt being a moron.

Its crazy, as is the 15million Everton spent on that player, ok just because ive never heard of him dosent make him rubbish..but it seems a panic buy.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/lazzaro306/WoodySig1.jpg[/img]
[url=http://gamingheroes.proboards42.com/index.cgi/]4tw Clan Forums[/url]

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Makes me lol.

He's no mendes.

Angus

Post by Angus »

Its a shock buy, but to be honest, its quite good.

Ive been "following" Villa and Spurs last few years, and its quite good to see them, along with Everton and Pompey having a plan to break the top four, no ones mentioned winning, but an aim of a top four finish is fairly realistic, consistency is the biggest problem.

So, if Man City can grab a few decent players It'll make watchin Match of the Day a bit more interesting. Better that Celtic/Rangers dominating ever year in Scotland, Hearts a few years under Burley/19 other managers were close to breaking the top 2, infact they did, you could argue they may have one it if they didnt have behind the scenes trouble, added alot to the league so the premship just got a little bit more interesting.

Also Nix i can already sense the Gers post comin, fu in advance.

Kristoff
Kristoff/Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Nixon wrote:Makes me lol.

He's no mendes.

[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/ickristoff/Carnivax.jpg[/img]
** Carnivax - Playstation3** \ \[^ . ^]/ /

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

The way things are going, Liverpool and Arsenal must be shitting it that they're not gonna qualify for CL this season..

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

Must be nice knowing you're the second biggest club in Manchester.
NEVER enter Felucca.

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Better that Celtic/Rangers dominating ever year in Scotland, Hearts a few years under Burley/19 other managers were close to breaking the top 2, infact they did, you could argue they may have one it if they didnt have behind the scenes trouble, added alot to the league so the premship just got a little bit more interesting.
Rubbish. Your judging Hearts on a 10 game run - at a time when both Rangers & Celtic were down sizing. Hearts under George Burley or not, would not have been able to maintain the momentum for any considerable period of time. The problems within our league are a mixture of so many problems outside of the Rangers & Celtic domination.

It does however make the Premiership a bit more interesting outside of the top 4, with more teams being able to throw their weight around. I can't see this being good for the game though, english football is already fucking over other countries as it is.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

If money determines how big a club is, aren't you in more debt than Everton these days? Or at least you will be once you pay to move out of Anfailed~

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

And yeah, this will just lead to more wage inflation for players, which will lead to higher ticket prices, and the game becoming even further removed from what it once was.

I'd take the lower standards of the Bundesliga any day if we could have that kind of league, ie ticket prices.

I know it's been happening for 10 years or so now, and city getting taken over isn't anything new, but it is a another step in the wrong direction for English football. I'd say especially worrying for a club like Liverpool actually due to their financial situation. In danger of becoming mid-table?~

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

Lol we're in second place after 3 games, qualified for Champion's League. The only way is up not down, we have a much better team now than 4 years ago.

I just think football in general and the momeny spent on it is a joke. Stopped being interested in the England team a few years ago, overpaid pncey spoilt brats who look like they'd rather have penises in their ears than play hard for England. Yet look at Spain, just as much money in football, yet European champions.

Thank god we've got real sportsmen like rugby players to still give a sense of national pride when they play. The club football game is still highly enjoyable, but I'm happy watching from my armchair these days. Going to games is an expensive experience.
NEVER enter Felucca.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

It cost 30 quid to watch Bolton v Fulham last season, cheapest tickets in away end...Football is fucked.

Your team is miles better than it was I agree. All you need is Kvarme back.
Zim Zum wrote:qualified for Champion's League.
Congratz on that by the way - weren't you supposed to do it in May?^^

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

If I owned Liverpool I'd buy Biscan, Cheyrou and Stig Inge Bjørnebye.
NEVER enter Felucca.

Angus

Post by Angus »

Nixon wrote:
Better that Celtic/Rangers dominating ever year in Scotland, Hearts a few years under Burley/19 other managers were close to breaking the top 2, infact they did, you could argue they may have one it if they didnt have behind the scenes trouble, added alot to the league so the premship just got a little bit more interesting.
Personal Opinion. But no one saw past Rangers for the league last year, then Celtics 10 game run threw them the title. ok YES it was coupled with Rangers being shite, but a 10 game run, espcially at a time as you say Rangers/Celtic were down sizing is great. Imagine they won the title, imagine they came 2nd. If Romonov didnt chuck Burley, and they could maintain Hartley/Gordon/That Czech Guy for a season longer the money they made from a prolonged period at the top, followed by possibly opportunity for Europe is enough to argue that they could have continued to challenge. I however agree its not simply due to the top 2, but was just my opinion.

I also think Arsenal are gonna have no problems with a top four finish, I cant see them for the title as I think they've a weak side in terms of depth but Spurs were expected to perform this year, they've started shit, which dosent mean anything, but there is still obvious flaws, perhaps mental between a player in a Man U Shirt, and a player in the white of Tottenham.

All my opinons, dosent mean its right or wrong, but how I view. As a neutral I love the money being spent, it can have a bad result on the fan, but you can (example) pay £10 a match to watch your team finish 10? Or £25 for a genunie chance of challenging. (Note - i know t he prices arent right, but yoiu get where im coming from)