@Nix/Angus/Kris + anyone else..

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Joe

Post by Joe »

wait what scawtland is a country? i just thought it was another north england county

Baphomet

Post by Baphomet »

What really needs to happen is that the Scots and the Irish gang up and invade fucking Wales.

Benn

Post by Benn »

Why bother? Who the hell would want Wales?

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

Btw I want to add I'm not anti Scottish. Scotland is an absolutely beautiful country and there are many great things about it. I just get pissed off that some Scots are still so anti-english because of something our ancestors did several hundred years ago. As Night said, supporting other countries against us in sport is petty and sad.
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

Baphomet

Post by Baphomet »

Celt expansion. Then native Welshies would be driven underground and eventually become a race of taffy C.H.U.D.'s.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

baph i used to love you. but, pls die.
Down with Scotland

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

As Night and Zim said. I've actually nothing against Scotland or Scottish people at all...but I hate the permanant anti-English bs that seems to radiate down(However historically justified it may be). I know it's nothing new either but it does seem to be getting more pronounced, and I fucking hate that smug prick Alex Salmond. I'd seriously feel sorry for any country left with him as leader.

Toki
Drive-by Reskiller

Post by Toki »

As if anyone in Scotland has read a book, all of the English hate is based on them watching Braveheart.
[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/6rpqma.jpg[/IMG]

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Zim Zum wrote:Btw I want to add I'm not anti Scottish. Scotland is an absolutely beautiful country and there are many great things about it. I just get pissed off that some Scots are still so anti-english because of something our ancestors did several hundred years ago. As Night said, supporting other countries against us in sport is petty and sad.
I'm not really too sure where you get this idea from, but the majority of anti-english attitude, doesn't stem from what happened years ago.

It's how outsiders perceive UK citzens as English, how we hear about England winning the war, how we hear about 1966 world cup, how we hear about x,y and z english sportsman in random generic football/tennis etc game. Television up here is littered with pro-english crap and it rubs folk up the wrong way.

If you want proper racists, you want where I was from with all the RAF boys, Buster has probably seen some. All these english guys coming up and literally taking over country towns with 'city boy' attitudes...doesn't sit well with locals, which is partly the reason there has been large SNP support up north. You'll probably find SNP and the likes aren't as well supported down south, because you have your loyalists who swear by the union (generally Rangers fans tbh)

The 'hatred' by in large stems from very modern day things, and it's not so much one specific thing, rather multiple.

Oh and btw, it's a two way thing, with the exception of my adventures with I-C, chums and I have been subject to English racism towards us by chav scum visiting England, not accepting our money etc is common place as well.. all adds to 'hatred' as well. I can't say I've ever been welcomed with open arms there.

Kristoff
Kristoff/Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

not accepting our money
that's what annoys me the most..
that and they don't have proper square sausage down here!!
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/ickristoff/Carnivax.jpg[/img]
** Carnivax - Playstation3** \ \[^ . ^]/ /

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

LOL @ inter-whitey war.

When the Queen hands back the jewels stolen from my homeland, we can discuss terms... until then, die.
Signatures broken since 2009...

Joe

Post by Joe »

i'll take all your monies nps

Night
fIlThY cUnT

Post by Night »

Nixon wrote: I can't say I've ever been welcomed with open arms.
don'y worry nixho .. wesa lub joo long time ... granted .. it might not be the kind of love ytou wer looking for !

Carabel
Cookie Monster
Location: I'm not telling you! what if your a cookie thief who wants to steal my cookies and make me cry :(

Post by Carabel »

Kristoff wrote:that and they don't have proper square sausage down here!!
Yes we do, you just need to know where to find it.
I have a very uninformed view of the whole this subject i guess, so i will of course post my points as facts you should all pay attention too and for me it all just boils down too -
Nixon wrote:All these english guys coming up and literally taking over country towns with 'city boy' attitudes...doesn't sit well with locals
People from London buy a 'weekend cottage' in the lakes, turn up with the flash cars, desginer clothes and snotty ways with the locals.. breeds hatred in the locals for the damn southern shandy drinking poofters.
Mormons from Utah move to Small mountain towns with their happy family ways and get hated by the locals for trying to brain wash them (yes ok so this may have been a south park episode!)
American tourists visiting Paris, talking loudly in Notre Dame about how quaint it is, breeding hatred in the locals for fat uncouth loud fucking yanks. (yes i was in paris to see this hatred which ended with the fat tourist lady being spat at)
And the one i personally don't understand the most.. Newcastle vs Sunderland.. Geordies hate Maccems.. i'm not really sure this fits in with the point i'm trying to make.. mind you it's late and i'm no longer sure of what it was but i still don't understand this one!
etc etc
Oh yes.. point! It's all the same thing really just on a bigger scale. The only real big difference i see is that 10 years ago maybe, the scots were in a postion to do something about it. Maybe they will be again in another 10 years.
Also about the bank bailing out, lets not forget we've also pretty much bailed out the Icelandic Bank too!

(p.s I have this theory that the Icelandic bank isn't real and currently there is a group of people in iceland pissing themselves laughing over the money they have conned the UK out of. Again this is an uniformed view from a frazzled over worked brain at almost 2am and therefore must be treated as fact)

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

More random commentz:

On the subject of oil, why is it Scottish oil rather than British? Obviously it's off the coast of Scotland rather than England or Wales, but other than that? Or is that good enough reason? I dunno..How does that make the gas fields off places like the Falklands work? Are they English? Or British, or FALKLANDERISH? If Scotland became independent why would it automatically take control of the North Sea oilfields?

How would independence even work anyway? I'm obviously speaking from a position of near total ignorance on it, but every part of life/government/infastructure is so interwoven now that I have no idea how it would even be possible. What would happen with the army, people's pensions, the NHS, etc etc etc

I'm definetely becoming more nationalist recently for some reason, too much history reading probably, but it's British as much as English 'pride'

Strange to see how things have changed even in England over the last 20 years or so.. People used to fly the Union Jack, now they fly the St George's Cross.

I just think it's sad to see the current attitudes in the people of countries that combined achieved so much, and there's no doubt that most of the 'attitude' comes from north of the border.

As much as you might claim English hostility to Scottish people, we still want Scotland to do well in Sports, etc, whereas we know the same isn't true in reverse. With the bank note thing that's just individual companies, most of which probably aren't even English owned...

Oh last one: Are you Scots, or any other Scots you know at all proud of the achievements of Britain? I'm mostly talking historical, but anything will do.