@Nix/Angus/Kris + anyone else..

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

@Nix/Angus/Kris + anyone else..

Post by Calix »

What are you thoughts on Scottish independence, etc. I Know Nixon's mostly, but it's an interesting subject. I'm pretty mixed on it, if Scawtish people hate the English as much as most seem to, np, off you go, but I also think it's shit to see a 'nation' with such a history be broken up for what seems to me like little reason..

On the same subject:

Any thoughts on what's happened to the Scottish banking sector today? In effect it's just been bailed out by the English taxpayer. If Independent, how would Scotland have paid? 50 million English taxpayers(+ welsh and NI ofc), is nice to fall back on rather than 4? milllion Scottish?

Was interesting seeing ALEX SALMOND being made to look like an absolute prick as well, they found a few of his comments from last year about how Scotland should base it's economic model on the now bankrupt Iceland. lolz.

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

That seemed like a lengthy way of saying fuck you Scotland.
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

Kristoff
Kristoff/Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

i don't really care to be honest,
i've like all good scottish people once i could i left the country lol
i was planning on moving back up there but the place is a shithole really (well were i'm from atleast)
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/ickristoff/Carnivax.jpg[/img]
** Carnivax - Playstation3** \ \[^ . ^]/ /

Mortharr

Post by Mortharr »

My thoughts personally are that the scottish are happy to call themselfs independent, but the reality of the matter is without England as their backbone its just not realistic.

The english tax payer, would be the one to fund such a move.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

morth stop trying to have an opinion.
Down with Scotland

Mortharr

Post by Mortharr »

i hate you attard

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

I'm of the same opinion as Calix. If you want it so much, have it, but it must include financial independence as well. It should also be a one way ticket, no rejoining the mighty English Empire when you realise you fucked up.

It should also coincide with a rebuilding of Hadrian's Wall. We don't want any drug addict benefit scrounging scottish layabout coming down to steal our moniez!
NEVER enter Felucca.

senji

Post by senji »

I think we've all learned to love and appreciate Morth's opinions over time.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Poor Morthe:(

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

I think the government should divert most of the Afghan War Effort into building the largest chainsaw ever and severing Scotland from the rest of Britain and pushing it out into the North Atlantic where it can become a lawless pit of evil.
Signatures broken since 2009...

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Re: @Nix/Angus/Kris + anyone else..

Post by Nixon »

Calix wrote:What are you thoughts on Scottish independence, etc. I Know Nixon's mostly, but it's an interesting subject. I'm pretty mixed on it, if Scawtish people hate the English as much as most seem to, np, off you go, but I also think it's shit to see a 'nation' with such a history be broken up for what seems to me like little reason..

On the same subject:

Any thoughts on what's happened to the Scottish banking sector today? In effect it's just been bailed out by the English taxpayer. If Independent, how would Scotland have paid? 50 million English taxpayers(+ welsh and NI ofc), is nice to fall back on rather than 4? milllion Scottish?
I'd love if we re-built Hadrian's walls and became an independent nation, but it isn't financially viable in the long term, especially as the RAF would be pulled as well, and that would leave a massive hole, particularly in the north where I'm from. If the two RAF bases in my area closed the area would fall to pieces.

I don't consider myself as British, despite what the passport says (pretty lol as a Rangers fan and all our loyalist stuff). The fact is, I think both countries need each other to an extent - or rather our oil (energies) and the $$ it pumps into the economy.

Could probably go on and on about the in's and out's of independence but the sad fact is, it's just not possible.

Also re: Banking...if you accepted our STERLING money as legal tender in England we may not be in this situation.... In all seriousness though, no bank/country is safe from the problems at the moment, and there is a whole host of fuck up's along the way. I don't know enough about the situation to really proper comment though.

(I'd also like to see Tennents being sold in England for when I visit your horrid country....Carling is shit :( )

Sonez

Post by Sonez »

Villa wrote:I think the government should divert most of the Afghan War Effort into building the largest chainsaw ever and severing Scotland from the rest of Britain and pushing it out into the North Atlantic where it can become a lawless pit of evil.
lol

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

Wtf we sell Tennents down here, best tramp drink.
NEVER enter Felucca.

Night
fIlThY cUnT

Post by Night »

Zim Zum wrote:I'm of the same opinion as Calix. If you want it so much, have it, but it must include financial independence as well. It should also be a one way ticket, no rejoining the mighty English Empire when you realise you fucked up.

It should also coincide with a rebuilding of Hadrian's Wall. We don't want any drug addict benefit scrounging scottish layabout coming down to steal our moniez!
pretty much my thoughts too ... nothing against the scottish but generally they seem to go out of their way to hate the english .. particularly in sporting events (actively supporting whoever is playing against england which i think is just shit)

i could live without the tax burden of supporting a country that doesn't want to be associated with us tbh

granted though the english did some terribly un-english things back in the day so I guess there's plenty hate to go round

Angus

Post by Angus »

It's a nice idea in theory, and truthfully if it had happened a long time ago I think it would have worked.

But as stated previously its not financially viable, honestly, despite the current crunch and a few obvious problems us Brits (Scots) and got it so bad.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/lazzaro306/WoodySig1.jpg[/img]
[url=http://gamingheroes.proboards42.com/index.cgi/]4tw Clan Forums[/url]