Marriage

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Villa
Devon Knows

Marriage

Post by Villa »

In this day and age, does marriage bear any relevence?
You could certainly argue that you are financialy worse of if you get married, but are there any actual advantages?
Signatures broken since 2009...

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

not that i know of, we have a lil boy, we share bank accounts, arent engaged, live together as thou we are married, behave as if we are married, but dont have a £20k day of memorys

finicially, we recieve the same as if we were married, the government treats us as such in regards that our child benefit/tax credit is paid to me as part of a couple.

Carabel
Cookie Monster
Location: I'm not telling you! what if your a cookie thief who wants to steal my cookies and make me cry :(

Post by Carabel »

there are less and less people getting married now and more people people living in civil parnerships. There's no legal advantage to getting married. You can even change your name to that of your partner without having to goto court. In this country you can be legally 'known as' any name you want so long as your not doing it in an attempt to defraud.

Padaxus
Berkshire chainsaw massacre

Post by Padaxus »

I heard this week that parents aremore likely to stay together (if they have children) and aremarried than couples in the same position but arent married.

Statistics though.

From my point of view i think you can live quite happily as a couple, have children and not be married. it is ana expensive day (doesnt have to be) however the actual act of marriage is
A: traditional
B: a sign of commitment from one person to another.

Now i realise that you can have a sign of commitment without the marriage but too a lot of people its very important and helps to make people feel secure and happy in their relationships.

I however dont really belive in marriage!
[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/AlieBarnes/Korea1.jpg[/img]

Toki
Drive-by Reskiller

Post by Toki »

If you love Marriage so much why dont you Marry it.
[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/6rpqma.jpg[/IMG]

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

It's just a pointless waste of money. Having said that my sister and my girlfriends sister are both getting married next year and the expense doesn't seem to bother either of them..

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

women ;p

Angus

Post by Angus »

WAIT!

Your sister is marrying your g/f's sister, that is sweet.

Anyway.

I dunno, I guess im old fashioned, im into the idea of marriage, me and my g/f have spoken about it and its definitly on the cards, when/where/cost I dunno but yeah, im all for it.

I guess its no longer an event but more of a lifestyle choice, my mum and dad were together for 30 years, they had two kids, shared a bank account, owned a house together, and only got married last summer out of neccesity (read: Dad got his army pension early and if anything happened to him...).

*shrug*
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/lazzaro306/WoodySig1.jpg[/img]
[url=http://gamingheroes.proboards42.com/index.cgi/]4tw Clan Forums[/url]

Superfast Oz
Cardinal Chunder

Post by Superfast Oz »

I see lots of long term couples now not married these days. I think the concept of marriage is outdated, and often I see people trapped in their life because of it. I certainly have no plans to ever marry.

King Cyric
N3cr0 fr0m H3ll

Post by King Cyric »

that's because theyre called civil unions for fags like you :(
Jack (Bauer) and Jill went up the hill. Only Jack came down. Jill was a fucking terrorist.

Benn

Post by Benn »

I agree, gays like you shouldn't be allowed to marry, God will strike you down and you'll go to hell.

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

Padaxus wrote:I heard this week that parents aremore likely to stay together (if they have children) and aremarried than couples in the same position but arent married.

Statistics though.

From my point of view i think you can live quite happily as a couple, have children and not be married. it is ana expensive day (doesnt have to be) however the actual act of marriage is
A: traditional
B: a sign of commitment from one person to another.

Now i realise that you can have a sign of commitment without the marriage but too a lot of people its very important and helps to make people feel secure and happy in their relationships.

I however dont really belive in marriage!
That's no coincidence Pad. People who see marriage as important are more likely to see fidelity and maintaining a stable family environment important.
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

I'd get married since like Angus I'm a traditionalist.

The stag do will be amazing :)

Kzar

Post by Kzar »

Marriage is just an excuse to get drunk and eat cake. Can do that at any time anyway.

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

I can't see how marriage can fit in with the lifestyle of those who are not religious.
Signatures broken since 2009...