soooo...november is here, the 10th is close...

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

soooo...november is here, the 10th is close...

Post by Mercury »

...are we about to recieve ANOTHER darkfall knockback? or do we feel this time it actually might get released for beta and potentially a december release (as "advertised" if that is the right word lol).

iv finally cracked in boredom and had a read, darkfall sounds like what we all dream of, can they make it work...

(and yeh i know there is like 5 darkfall threads consigned to history in the IC forums, but with nov10th and proposed beta release nearing i feel it deserves 1 last thread :P)

Superfast Oz
Cardinal Chunder

Post by Superfast Oz »

well 10 nov is a rough date, but sometime around then yeah i do believe people will be in beta, and we'll def have the game by christmas.

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

jeez no posts in like 2 days, and oz is in the darkfall thread before i ate the next mouthful of my curry

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Everyone is too busy wanking to Fallout 3 or Gears of War 2 to even care I think~

I'm pretty sure we'll see something by friday coming.

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

rofl, true that carix. im awaiting fm09 myself...but then again if i get a BETA key i oubt fm09 will get much game time till i decide on an opinion!

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Tried to download the Demo, but it crashes every time when I load it via Steam (FM09) :<

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

steam is terrible for that, i bought speedball and it wouldnt load in anything other than italian :/

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

Apparently, the game is still on course for release this year.
Signatures broken since 2009...

Kzar

Post by Kzar »

Villa wrote:Apparently, the game is still on course for release this year.
If its really that close to release they should really start giving definite dates, I believe it wont release this year... Earliest sometime 2009. Think the only reason they keep saying 2008 is to not lose fans.

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

they;ve had 100k new forum registers (was at total 50k before now 150k) in the last 3 months. i believe they feel the time is almost now or never with the hype surrounding the game in the hardcore community.

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

that said, the lack of actual footage and game knowledge and testing by the live public makes me agree with kzar, that a 2008 release is but a hope now.

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

kzar just hates life and all games, ignore his comments!
Down with Scotland

Kash

Post by Kash »

A very quick update:

We sent out the second batch of beta invites last night and we’re going to continue inviting people as needed by our testing process. There’s no ETA to the invites, we’re moving along based solely on our needs. We might invite more people in as early as tonight, and as frequently as every day. The testers are under strict NDA and it would be very unfortunate if we had to ban people and/or to modify our testing - so we would like to ask everyone to respect our process and procedures, even those of you not yet in the beta.

If you’re not in the beta yet, please don’t take this personally, it’s likely you don’t fit our immediate testing needs. There are a lot of criteria, but it can be as simple as hardware, location, time zone etc. We appreciate your understanding as we're trying to get Darkfall ready, we take this process very seriously.

Another thing: We mentioned this before but there is no official Darkfall pre-order. Sites that offer Darkfall pre-orders are not affiliated with us, and we don’t support their offering in any way.

Finally, in our beta invites we’ll never ask you for your password. We’re not asking for any information, we have everything we need in your beta sign up. There are fake beta invites circulating, and you need to use some common sense and be careful.

That's all for now, we'll keep you updated about any changes or developments.
http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=80190

Anyone in? :)

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

Lol they're using the NDA to conceal the fact that noone is actually in the beta.

Cunning.
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it